The couple next door

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m on episode 2 but at the moment I’m a bit stuck on the fact that it’s meant to be set in Leeds - there are no houses like that in Leeds, the street lights aren’t even British!

Reactions: 13
We binged it this week because the first few episodes were good. Found the ending a bit rubbish. And I was a bit confused by Becka and Danny’s son. I didn’t even know he existed until half way through 😂

Reactions: 5
I was expecting it to be like the book! But was a totally different story lol so left disappointed and confused

Reactions: 1
I’m on episode 2 but at the moment I’m a bit stuck on the fact that it’s meant to be set in Leeds - there are no houses like that in Leeds, the street lights aren’t even British!
They filmed it in the Netherlands which makes it weird when they then drop in areas of Leeds etc.

Reactions: 6
I just finished the episode after the creepy neighbour has a stroke. There are so many plot holes. Like how no one contacted Becky and Danny to say that there was a supposed intruder and another neighbour had a stroke in their house while checking on the property.

Reactions: 4
Apparently its shot in belgium
---
I enjoyed it ending wasn't great still so many things left unfinished

Reactions: 3
Me too. Its confused me no end as nothing is like the book
What was different from.tbe book? I couldn't ever get over the location, for me it just seemed like some American place, so not at all British

What was different from.tbe book? I couldn't ever get over the location, for me it just seemed like some American place, so not at all British
On Gogglebox they compared it to Desperate Housewives. That’s exactly what it looks like

Reactions: 9
Finished yesterday. Strangely compelling however I was expecting the ending to be as much of a let down as it was.
The location thing was an odd choice and harmed the credibility of it for me. I know the sexy beach scene wouldn't have worked if there were lots of bystanders, but I couldn't take it seriously when they claimed they were going to a British coast and it looked so un-British.

Alot of poorly thought out bits with the criminal aspect.

I'm unsure what I thought of the acting on the whole. Pete did alot of weird face acting; Hugh Dennis played a good creep.

My god, what a mangled series. I knew it was going to be cheesy but the first couple of episodes were fine. The corruption sub plot went nowhere, as did the journalist scoop. Surely the woman over the road could have got upstairs if she really wanted to see what her husband was up to?
The scene where they took the bins out and were overcome with passion was hilarious. Evie's Dad randomly killed a man in the woods then disappeared. Mad.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My god, what a mangled series. I knew it was going to be cheesy but the first couple of episodes were fine. The corruption sub plot went nowhere, as did the journalist scoop. Surely the woman over the road could have got upstairs if she really wanted to see what her husband was up to?
The scene where they took the bins out and were overcome with passion was hilarious. Evie's Dad randomly killed a man in the woods then disappeared. Mad.
The whole series was so clapped wasn’t it 😅😅 so many plot holes. And it was meant to be based up in Leeds or something, looked more like an estate in the US or something 😂

I haven't seen the final episode but but way in I thought I must have missed an ep or 2 as it made no sense, turned out I hadn't 😀😅 the location was ridiculous and made no sense to the alleged location

Reactions: 5
Only on episode 3 but the acting is so GCSE Drama, it’s killing me! I can’t stop watching even though it’s tit 🤦‍♂️
---
Only on episode 3 but the acting is so GCSE Drama, it’s killing me! I can’t stop watching even though it’s tit 🤦‍♂️
And also the police guy he’s all muscular up top but he’s got the skinniest legs like Gru from Despicable Me 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
so glad I found this thread, I watched it all hoping it would get better but instead it got worse.

Hugh Dennis as the creepy neighbour was good but the rest of it was SO bad including the plot that made no sense and the stupid locations (clearly because a new build cul de sac in Pudsey didn't have the same allure as some random street in Belgium or wherever). The location was so jarring that it detracted from the already terrible plot. I can suspend my disbelief with characters living in massive houses that they wouldn't be able to afford given their likely salary or financial position, but not when the houses also are clearly in a completely different country!

By the (ridiculous) ending I was just glad it was over.

Reactions: 11
I think they were hoping to channel the slight edge a show gets when it’s filmed somewhere/sometime you can’t quite place. Like in Sex Education. Or to add a bit of Stepford Wives to it all.
They failed miserably of course.