The City / Whitney Port

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anybody been watching Whitney and her husband Timmy re watch old episodes of the city and give their commentary?

I’ve found it really interesting and I’m desperate to talk about my thoughts!!

-Whitney is SO hard on herself, she picks apart how she looks all the time. To me she was so breathtakingly beautiful, it’s sad she doesn’t see it!

-There is a lot she doesn’t remember. I find this abit odd! she was filming a show about her life, you’d think that would be a really prominent time in her life! There’s an episode where she goes for a weekend away and looking back she doesn’t remember any of it 🤣

-I wish she would elaborate on the dynamics of the cast. She has hinted more recently about people eg. Olivia not really working for Elle, but I want allllllll the tea!

-I found out on another thread that Roxy is an actress and was cast for the show. My mind was BLOWN! I thought they were childhood friends!! She doesn’t comment a lot about Roxy.

-Her and her husband Timmy are very much high as F in most of the YouTube videos. It’s legal in America though right? Still weird to me when their child is upstairs sleeping.

-Timmy gives me weird vibes. I think he’s a wrongun!

Reactions: 12
Has anybody been watching Whitney and her husband Timmy re watch old episodes of the city and give their commentary?

-Whitney is SO hard on herself, she picks apart how she looks all the time. To me she was so breathtakingly beautiful, it’s sad she doesn’t see it!

-There is a lot she doesn’t remember. I find this abit odd! she was filming a show about her life, you’d think that would be a really prominent time in her life! There’s an episode where she goes for a weekend away and looking back she doesn’t remember any of it 🤣

-I wish she would elaborate on the dynamics of the cast. She has hinted more recently about people eg. Olivia not really working for Elle, but I want allllllll the tea!

-I found out on another thread that Roxy is an actress and was cast for the show. My mind was BLOWN! I thought they were childhood friends!! She doesn’t comment a lot about Roxy.

-Her and her husband Timmy are very much high as F in most of the YouTube videos. It’s legal in America though right? Still weird to me when their child is upstairs sleeping.

I didn't even know that this was a thing! Is it on Youtube?
I was a huge fan of Laguna Beach and The Hills but never did watch The City - do you get to see the full episode or just snippets? I might give it a go if it's full eps.

Reactions: 2
Its full episodes but they talk over some of it when they give their commentary.
It’s on her YouTube channel, please watch and come back to discuss 🤣🤣

I didn’t mind Timmy at first but the more I watched, the more I could see his true colours. I’m more than sure he deletes any negative comments about him as the comments are all saying how great he is whereas somebody out there must be feeling the same as me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Whitney was one of my faves on the Hills , I watched the City but it came across as very scripted .

Whitney was one of my faves on the Hills , I watched the City but it came across as very scripted .
Agree! Though at the time I actually didn’t realise just how much was scripted (Maybe I didn’t know too much about reality tv at the time.) Much more obvious these days.

They are in California so yes marijuana is legal. It depends on the state.

I really like Whitney. I love the yt series she did about her pregnancy.

Its full episodes but they talk over some of it when they give their commentary.
It’s on her YouTube channel, please watch and come back to discuss 🤣🤣

I didn’t mind Timmy at first but the more I watched, the more I could see his true colours. I’m more than sure he deletes any negative comments about him as the comments are all saying how great he is whereas somebody out there must be feeling the same as me 🤣
I like Timmy but haven't watched anything with him for a few months. I've always got the impression that he's good at talking with Whitney and getting her to break down her emotions etc. What makes you think he is weird?

Reactions: 4
Does she talk about that hot Aussie guy on it that she didn’t really date?!

dude, the hills/the city was all fabricated scripted nonsense! It wasn’t her “real life” - she was playing a part in a show!!!! 😂 she probably doesn’t remember bits of it because they probably filmed it all out of sequence and then it’s all put together during post production.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Timmy was also a producer on the show (I think) and towards the end they had to keep there relationship pretty well hidden.

I think they seem pretty down to earth as a couple, and I think he comes across well. He clearly didnt want to be apart of the hills reboot, I think he popped up once, which is pretty refreshing for the husband of a reality star.

Timmy was also a producer on the show (I think) and towards the end they had to keep there relationship pretty well hidden.

I think they seem pretty down to earth as a couple, and I think he comes across well. He clearly didnt want to be apart of the hills reboot, I think he popped up once, which is pretty refreshing for the husband of a reality star.
Their little boy is also so cute.

dude, the hills/the city was all fabricated scripted nonsense! It wasn’t her “real life” - she was playing a part in a show!!!! 😂 she probably doesn’t remember bits of it because they probably filmed it all out of sequence and then it’s all put together during post production.
why am I so sheltered 🤣🤣🤣 I believed it all!!!
Was the only real thing her clothing line?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Did you know that her and LC didn't even work for Vogue? LOL. It was all fake for the show.
yep. All fake. None of them ever worked for People’s Revolution/Kelly Cutrone either. It was all just part of the storyline for the show.

and LC never had any romantic relationship at all with Brody Jenner, that again was all just a scripted story line. Apparently she was dating someone in real life at the time of filming but they/he weren’t interested in it being filmed for the show, so they brought in the storyline with Brody to provide Lauren with a love interest on the show!!! There’s a scene where they are at his apartment (obviously not his real life apartment!!!) and they are on the balcony, he goes in for a kiss - apparently that was actually the first scene they filmed together and she was freaking out because she didn’t want to actually have to kiss him!!!

• Wow
So if Whitney never worked for Vogue or people’s revolution, how did she get on tv?

obviously with LC Laguna beach led onto the hills but Whitney has no connection to that.
So was she an actress??

(learning so much here 🤣)

Reactions: 3
Ok, I am baffled. Anyone else remembers the ending of the final season where Brody is stood on the street, and then the camera pans out and it turns out he is actually on an outdoor tv set at a studio in Hollywood - the Hollywood sign behind him was just a backdrop? I have looked online but it seems to have been erased...apparently they took it down once they relaunched the new series of The Hills... lol, as if anyone believes it is real. Also, I can't believe the original Hills finished 10 years ago.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
at the time reality TV wasn’t as saturated and we didn’t have the obviously fakes ones like TOWIE and MIC.
Whitney seemed more authentic to me so that’s probably why I’m shocked. I’d love her to do a video on her YouTube about how she got into it all.

Reactions: 3
So if Whitney never worked for Vogue or people’s revolution, how did she get on tv?

obviously with LC Laguna beach led onto the hills but Whitney has no connection to that.
So was she an actress??

(learning so much here 🤣)
yeah she would have gone to a casting/audition for the show! She might have been trying to get into acting or maybe modelling, or maybe someone from the production team knew her or whatever. The whole thing from top to bottom was a fabricated fictional show. None of it was real! Heidi never worked for Bolthouse either, again, that was just a storyline. There was a storyline early on in The Hills, where Heidi & her boyfriend gatecrashed a party that LC & Whitney we’re working at and LC got into trouble afterwards for? Just a storyline!!!!!😀

Gosh .. I knew the city had to be scripted , and I knew the hills was towards the end . But I didn’t realise it was so scripted at the beginning. Kelly Cutrone was such a bizarre character .

Gosh .. I knew the city had to be scripted , and I knew the hills was towards the end . But I didn’t realise it was so scripted at the beginning. Kelly Cutrone was such a bizarre character .
I loooove Kelly Cutrone. Ha.

Reactions: 10