The Chateau Diaries #40 Vampire of the vanities, the grifters return

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really confused now.

Did they still have Workaway volunteers last September ?

I thought they had been removed from Workaway program last summer ? Does someone remember the timeline ?

But one thing is clear : Lalande knows how to make their volunteers work for their stay... even for 2 days !

From A Weekend at Lalande vlog :

Nico Eeek.
1 day ago
Was it worth staying at Lalande or was it a lot of work and not enough enjoying of the surrounds?I would LOVE to know more about how you get your chosen pieces back to N.Z, I am in Australia and am thinking more and more about doing a buying trip. Where I am ( in Tasmania ) there is very little french furniture or decor to be found. Enjoyed the vlog and look forward to more!

Hide reply

Romantique French Life

Romantique French Life

22 hours ago
It was a lot of hard work for us but the thing was we were only there for 2 days and we over worked lol. That is our nature. Its completely chilled and you can choose your jobs. As long as you work 5 hours a day. The rest is yours! We were buying furniture as well so we worked for Steph then we raced to a shop to buy furniture for us. You will enjoy. Everyoe is wonderful. You will need people to help if you are buying as its a huge amount of work. We offer antique tours for 7 days and we do most of the work! We are not offering it to anyone out of NZ at the moment but we will in the future. Once we get back to normal.
Show less

Reactions: 10
This is the designers guild wallpaper that SJ has already purchased for the unfinished loo. It was presented during the hair curling live Q & A. How the hell is that going work??? Don't forget she said, she would be installing it. What could go wrong????
View attachment 611687 View attachment 611690 View attachment 611691

Guessing she probably needed about 6-7 panels, thank God she can write this off as part of a "non profit"!

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Other posters "surprised" by the 14 people dinner at the arrival.
Each time, the couple tried to stay cool in their answers.. Wonder if this vlog is not a sort of retaliation against Lalande actually...

J Elsner
1 day ago
I can't believe you made dinner for all those people with so many dietary restrictions and in such short time. I would have given up in frustration! We rarely give dinners anymore because everyone seems to have some restriction or another. Great job on the painted furniture, too.

Kels
1 day ago
Its so crazy that they had you cook an entire dinner on your late arrival day :(

Hide 2 replies

Im Happy
Im Happy
1 day ago (edited)
After all that traveling that seems like it would be quite overwhelming to do upon arrival. You rallied on beautifully!

Romantique French Life
Romantique French Life

23 hours ago
Our own fault arriving late. Challenging!

Reactions: 11
I use them only when you mention SJ and Snorts in the sheets. That is a pukey face for those 2 lovebirds....not you! Lol
I collect vomit emojis now,- I know they are not for me as a person honey, bring them on!!! Just imagine Snorts pausing his muff diving, peaking up between those lovely thighs and saying "was that ok?" looking her intently in the eyes. "Yes, perfect!" she exclaims, and he dives in again with a big snort. Now bring on the green faces!!! :ROFLMAO:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I thought it was a bit much to have to cook like that after a long journey from the other side of the world. Seems mean.

Reactions: 19
In these last 16/17 years she decorated much more than renovated her tit-o. Even in the early years she never thought of her budget. She always bought what she wanted regardless its price. Why Wyatts of Westminster, Fortuny, Sudbury silk, Wolgan linen etc. She could have saved money there but didn't. She's just spoiled.
Mmmm. $8K of fabric, $30K of panelling or peacock wallpaper or downstair loo scenic wallpaper on moldy old walls is the very definition of lipstick on a pig. I once lived in a house with moldy old (breathing, brick, lime render and plaster) walls and I was dying to put up a tiny 10' square patch of really expensive wallpaper. (Chocolate brown with big hand blocked white magnolias, it was hottt. ) I did. It started coming down within months. But as I'd spent just over $100 on it, and not a penny more, it didn't kill me.
If the Patreons were actual shareholders, they'd fire her for spending what must be half a million dollars (€410,709; £352,900) on wall coverings and curtains.
I still don't understand why Potts and NL have not fired her. Clara says it's because she's maintained this myth that she has talent....I'm not seeing it, even as an interior decorator. My taste is not the same but even on her own terms I do not see her doing well.
Per tatty effects for a dignified old place; as well as too luxe effects (nothing like the grand salon panelling ever came near a place decorated with ox-blood paint beams with rustic emblems); scale weirdness as suggested re bathroom mirrors (there are some gigantic, superlatively hideous, tragic 19th century Emmaus tat, matching blue vases overpowering one of the bedroom mantels, as revealed in a Christmas vlog in which MW did a nice garland for the diminutive mantel, etc.). The style is surreal, body dysmorphic, and then there's all the increasingly shady-looking, body dysmorphic Derek art everywhere. Caught a glimpse of one in the New Zealand couple's video: SJ's head on a stick, holding a maquette of Lalande on her hand like a waiter's tray. Shady.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
She's clearly planning to "forage" someone else's garden for her floral "arrangements." Taking grifting to the next level. Imagine being her neighbour and coming out one morning to find that your roses and peonies had disappeared!
I was pretty much thinking the same thing! She wants to have it all served in her lap, beautiful gardens that she can video, then get applause from her misfits, and stuff some branches and ribbed flowers in milk bottles and rustic jars. If she was truly interested in flowers, she'd grow them, learn about them properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
A house? How can she possibly afford a house?
Remember-she is not paying for anything herself----

I was pretty much thinking the same thing! She wants to have it all served in her lap, beautiful gardens that she can video, then get applause from her misfits, and stuff some branches and ribbed flowers in milk bottles and rustic jars. If she was truly interested in flowers, she'd grow them, learn about them properly.
Yes-you are so right....the entitlement of it all......

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I collect vomit emojis now,- I know they are not for me as a person honey, bring them on!!! Just imagine Snorts pausing his muff diving, peaking up between those lovely thighs and saying "was that ok?" looking her intently in the eyes. "Yes, perfect!" she exclaims, and he dives in again with a big snort. Now bring on the green faces!!! :ROFLMAO:
As the wise women in my family have always stated, "Don't respond, you'll only encourage more of this behavior." Must be a boring day at work, huh?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Spank spank spank Heathcliffe, you naughty man

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Other posters "surprised" by the 14 people dinner at the arrival.
Each time, the couple tried to stay cool in their answers.. Wonder if this vlog is not a sort of retaliation against Lalande actually...

J Elsner
1 day ago
I can't believe you made dinner for all those people with so many dietary restrictions and in such short time. I would have given up in frustration! We rarely give dinners anymore because everyone seems to have some restriction or another. Great job on the painted furniture, too.

Kels
1 day ago
Its so crazy that they had you cook an entire dinner on your late arrival day :(

Hide 2 replies

Im Happy
Im Happy
1 day ago (edited)
After all that traveling that seems like it would be quite overwhelming to do upon arrival. You rallied on beautifully!

Romantique French Life
Romantique French Life

23 hours ago
Our own fault arriving late. Challenging!

My husband used to have an outside catering business, and the emphasis was vegetarian and vegan. We catered at many large events, including Glastonbury. He retired from it 10 years ago, selling it on. He recently talked about restarting it, but decided he could not cope with the inevitable law suits if he caused someone to become ill through an usual allergy not accounted for. We knew someone who went to court , for possibly causing the death of someone allergic to peanuts. There were no peanuts in the dishes, she served, but it was decided that some of the ingredients must have been contaminated where they were packed. She was acquitted. So stressful. We began to find it very stressful before we retired, due to the many diets required. I can still cook for any dietary requirement, I had so much practice, but it's hard. Hats off to the NZ couple. !

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Omg 😳

🤮 it’s a vomit comet ☄

SSB …. I had no money 💰 for so long I held onto everything…

But I’m secure now

Wtf … your secure 10 months and
375 k

So far you only spent on yourself and your friends redecoration…..

Ya fixed nothing at the chit 🎯ooo

The only fix that’s happening

Is your daily trolling threw the musings of tattle

Vlog by the day … regurgitate what we discussed 😈

• Sick
Reactions: 21
Guessing she probably needed about 6-7 panels, thank God she can write this off as part of a "non profit"!
I’d imagine she has friends who have wholesale accounts , so could get it a lot cheaper. That is recommended retail. She may have even have negotiated with the company. Probably did that with the one in the hallway too. I certainly would in her shoes.

Reactions: 1
This is the designers guild wallpaper that SJ has already purchased for the unfinished loo. It was presented during the hair curling live Q & A. How the hell is that going work??? Don't forget she said, she would be installing it. What could go wrong????
View attachment 611687 View attachment 611690 View attachment 611691

Deffo not my bag, but it's not bad for its ilk.
But pasting it up on even plaster boarded moldy old walls is real fiduciary malfeasance. As is, I would guess, plaster boarding moldy old walls. That's just p***ing money away.

She really should re-evaluate her entire life as she is simply not suited for this type of life. She really doesn’t want to do any of this renovation type work on this $ pit. She has no ties to this dump. Her buying old junk, old fabrics, etc., is getting tedious. The chateau is weighing her down.

She could tell a believable sob story that she is finally ready to move on, it’s all too much, this dying chateau. Wear a floaty dress, Flash her eyes wide, have a catch in her voice, sigh, talk of her poor health, muster up as much sincerity as possible, and voila, the suckers will stay with her and keep the $ flowing as she traipses the world and lives out her real dream. A life of leisure, younger men, travel and non-stop partying. It would be more honest than pretending which is what she is doing now.
Nope.
She needs a place to store her junk. The junk is the cause, not the symptom. Did you get a load of her apartment in London when MW was there for three seconds? :poop: on every square inch of surface. Much of it framed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
She's clearly planning to "forage" someone else's garden for her floral "arrangements." Taking grifting to the next level. Imagine being her neighbour and coming out one morning to find that your roses and peonies had disappeared!
I can totally see her "forage" in cemeteries, parks and roundabouts. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
SJ is now running away to Belgium at the perfect time that all the bnb rooms will be filled with guests, who would have travelled far and wide to meet her. How convinient.

And why oh why is Phillip featured in every scene.. For once can't stephanie do things on her own? Why does Phillip have to be her tail 'helping' her in the most mundane things like throwing bread in to the moat.. If she is so dependent on other people.. How on earth did she get anything done her whole life.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.