Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MsPitstop

VIP Member
No worries @mrsp67 - I have the same issue using talk-to-text on my Apple watch! It creates all sorts of interesting texts! :ROFLMAO:

I ran into the my neighbour this morning and asked as many questions as I could think of. His nephew's wife has a jewelry line, and is really good friends with Captain Sandy's wife, which is how they met Captain Sandy and all became friends. I guess Captain Sandy put in a good word with the producers and the nephew, his wife, and the neighbours were asked if it was something they would be interested in. This was last fall.

They had to go through an "interview process" first, via Zoom, but it was a "group" interview process with four couples at once (I guess to see the dynamic.) "Remember that day we borrowed your MacBook for the last minute Zoom call because ours was dead and we couldn't find the charger? You saved the day, but we couldn't tell you. Also, we couldn't figure out how to log out of your Zoom profile, so we just started drinking and everyone laughed about it!" The producers called them after the interview, "We liked you two, your nephew and his wife, but did not get the right vibe from the other two couples." Neighbour's wife, "Give me a day- I'll get you two couples who ARE a better fit!" They chose their adopted daughter and her husband, and their favourite gay couple (those guys are outrageous and hilarious.) A second Zoom interview took place (this time, with their own laptop charged), and the producers loved them.

The cruise itself was good. He said the girls are just as amazing as they appear on TV. But the food- "What you saw in the preview about the 'Chef' is true- there is a difference between a 'chef' and a 'cook', and he was a 'cook'. He made some okay dishes, but for the amount of money we paid, it was a disappointment. And yes, he had the same attitude as you see on the preview. But the yacht itself and the cruise were phenomenal."

(The whole "Cook" versus "Chef" comment made me immediately think of FRK. Nope, not a chance she'd survive as a "Yachtie Chef" on BD!)

Another friend remarked last night that she read on Reddit the price to go on one of the cruises is over $100K. Of course, I asked, "Is it true that it costs $100K to even go on the yacht?" He paused, and replied, "Not individually..." 😲

He was howling when I informed him, "You know- I don't watch the show, so when you told me you went to Captain Sandy's wedding, I just assumed she was a local charterboat captain who hung out at Fishin' Frank's!"

They are hosting the viewing party in August at Port Charlotte's most "exclusive" venue- Chubbyz :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. We're on the guest list, and haven't decided whether we'll drive separately or just roll up with them in the limo- I mean, you know you've made it in Port Charlotte when you arrive to Chubbyz in a limo! I have a suspicion he will wear the costume he is seen in on the preview as well!
I love love love all the Below Decks (except for creepy Gary from Sailing). I've also met a stew from Below Deck Downunder and she filled me in on the casting of the crew: six interviews, if you are not picked for the main crew then a deckie, stew and chef stay in a hotel nearby during filming in case they are needed.

When did your neighbours film on Below Deck Med? Late 2023/maybe September 2023?

Okay, all non-Below Deck/Bravo fans can skip this: Due to Gary's SA allegations (during filming that saw him banned from BravoCon), Below Deck Sailing can't be screened.

Bravo rallied and did a second season in one year of Med. Captain Sandy filmed Below Deck Bed Season 8 with Kyle (chief stew) in Malta in early 2023. Shit hit the fan so Bravo rallied and got Sandy and fan favourite from down Under Aesha to film Below Deck Med Greece late in the season.

Hence your friends who know Sandy as guests, plus return guests from the previous season?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

shatcho shiek

VIP Member
sidetracked yes its so OTT she appears quite a narcy narc that does make F$F look amateurish. Fancy hiring a professional and firing him or not using the footage and doing it all herself . the slow moo was painful how long to button up that damn dress it must have been dreadful and stressful for bridesmaids the amount of retakes.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Sunnee

Chatty Member
Guessing Mummy's "secret women's business" is just an annual mammo.

Also, @T Rex Rexy, stop leaving your fossils all around town (according to @Granola Chic nose to the news) 😲 Geesh!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Off topic: for those who watch the Jolly channel, the former high school graduates / now uni students, and their former high school principal go to Korea on their spring breaks and participate in Korean Navy Seal training for 3 to 4 days, They all cut their hair, lived in the barracks, and have trained hardcore with the Korean military. My fav has always been the tallest one, Armand, and he was stunned to find out how popular he was in Korea when a soldier recognized him. The soldiers in training were doing their 24 to 30 month mandatory National service.

Josh and the high school principal did all the training with the British uni students. They just finished a gas chamber drill in today’s episode. I believe Josh and the others were stunned at how hard-core the training was and he and the boys were treated no differently than the Korean citizens doing their military training. It may be worth a watch if you are a fan. There are probably 5 to 6 episodes, showing them participating in all of the Korean military duties.

If I recall correctly, the Korean boyband BTS? had to disband because some of their members had to complete their required two-year training in the Korean military. They would be doing similar training to that shown in these videos.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

T Rex

VIP Member
OMG just read this back. I used talk to text to send it and then never previewed it! I sound like a dunce
No worries @mrsp67 - I have the same issue using talk-to-text on my Apple watch! It creates all sorts of interesting texts! :ROFLMAO:

I ran into the my neighbour this morning and asked as many questions as I could think of. His nephew's wife has a jewelry line, and is really good friends with Captain Sandy's wife, which is how they met Captain Sandy and all became friends. I guess Captain Sandy put in a good word with the producers and the nephew, his wife, and the neighbours were asked if it was something they would be interested in. This was last fall.

They had to go through an "interview process" first, via Zoom, but it was a "group" interview process with four couples at once (I guess to see the dynamic.) "Remember that day we borrowed your MacBook for the last minute Zoom call because ours was dead and we couldn't find the charger? You saved the day, but we couldn't tell you. Also, we couldn't figure out how to log out of your Zoom profile, so we just started drinking and everyone laughed about it!" The producers called them after the interview, "We liked you two, your nephew and his wife, but did not get the right vibe from the other two couples." Neighbour's wife, "Give me a day- I'll get you two couples who ARE a better fit!" They chose their adopted daughter and her husband, and their favourite gay couple (those guys are outrageous and hilarious.) A second Zoom interview took place (this time, with their own laptop charged), and the producers loved them.

The cruise itself was good. He said the girls are just as amazing as they appear on TV. But the food- "What you saw in the preview about the 'Chef' is true- there is a difference between a 'chef' and a 'cook', and he was a 'cook'. He made some okay dishes, but for the amount of money we paid, it was a disappointment. And yes, he had the same attitude as you see on the preview. But the yacht itself and the cruise were phenomenal."

(The whole "Cook" versus "Chef" comment made me immediately think of FRK. Nope, not a chance she'd survive as a "Yachtie Chef" on BD!)

Another friend remarked last night that she read on Reddit the price to go on one of the cruises is over $100K. Of course, I asked, "Is it true that it costs $100K to even go on the yacht?" He paused, and replied, "Not individually..." 😲

He was howling when I informed him, "You know- I don't watch the show, so when you told me you went to Captain Sandy's wedding, I just assumed she was a local charterboat captain who hung out at Fishin' Frank's!"

They are hosting the viewing party in August at Port Charlotte's most "exclusive" venue- Chubbyz :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. We're on the guest list, and haven't decided whether we'll drive separately or just roll up with them in the limo- I mean, you know you've made it in Port Charlotte when you arrive to Chubbyz in a limo! I have a suspicion he will wear the costume he is seen in on the preview as well!

• Heart

Pyke

VIP Member
In 1871,the third Marquess of Bute, John Crichton Stuart, commissioned the Victorian architect and designer, William Burges to restore Castell Coch (on the outskirts of Cardiff) as a country residence for occasional occupation in the summer. Lord Bute was renowned as one of the wealthiest men in Britain. Burges had previously overseen the renovations of the Bute family's Cardiff Castle. Given free reign, he created a medieval style fantasy in Gothic Revival style built upon the remains of a genuine 13th century castle.

The Castle is protected by Cadw and is open to the public, well resourced for educational visits and a popular wedding venue. Tattlers may recognise it as the setting for the TV series, Merlin, Wolf Hall, several episodes of Doctor Who and older hags and hellhounds as the setting for Ivanhoe.

Fanny's chapel at the Nadaillac's summer hunting lodge was built in 1865, as Burges was undertaking renovation at Cardiff Castle and just 6 years before Burges began his work at this Lord Bute's "holiday home". Unlike Castel Coch, Fanny expects her chapel renovations to be funded by others and yet closed to the public, a party pad for the owners. Truly a rich woman's folly.

View attachment 2981342View attachment 2981341

View attachment 2981350View attachment 2981351

Interesting project, love Keith his pots and his tears!

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
Are they moving that door to stop guests from coming down that hallway, seeing all the mold and letting themselves into the kitchen? If the door was a problem why wasn't it moved years ago? Making less and less space for guests, no wonder they only have 4 for dinner these days.
---

Just said the same! She wants a locking door to keep anyone from seeing the state of the place...
where was the door?

Reactions: 10