The Chateau Diaries #309 Stephanie wastes money on the garden, the chapel, the boyfriend - all useless!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To think Marie went from ambitious Vaginal Espresso Martini Tiramisù to just quenelling something, piping something into a massive blob, fruiting something

View attachment 2971109View attachment 2971111

I wonder when happended?!
Where did those spoons come from? They are completely wrong with the delicate coffee cups.
Are they Japenese ??

Marie has another 4 months to go. The abundance from the walled garden should inspire her but somehow I doubt it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Where did those spoons come from? They are completely wrong with the delicate coffee cups.
Are they Japenese ??

Marie has another 4 months to go. The abundance from the walled garden should inspire her but somehow I doubt it.
Aren’t those spoons for food like eggs and caviar? Stuff that shouldn’t get into contact with metal.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Looks like his flat in the UK is up for sale?
Perhaps they are planning to escape back to Panama!
---
I'd starve... Marie! You shouldn't be able to count the peas on your plate... Should re-name it The Sham Diaries...
View attachment 2971096
I thought I had told Marie to stop with the purees! More cooked radishes I see. Ugh! Oh, and look, tendrils to get stuck in between your teeth too. Lovely contrast serving a white puree on a white plate. Just saw the sliced blueberries. Marie is so original!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Perhaps they are planning to escape back to Panama!
---

I thought I had told Marie to stop with the purees! More cooked radishes I see. Ugh! Oh, and look, tendrils to get stuck in between your teeth too. Lovely contrast serving a white puree on a white plate. Marie's a genius!
Poor girl. She’s a slave. Nati and Amaury tried to warn her but….☹ I am very sad for her. She looks awfully dragged down.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Vivienne saying they used to do events explains everything corporate about the party. Sleazy swag bags, computer art table and food decorations to the max, the themed event, the stadium style proposal.
And this. I've never ever seen one of these steam tables at a private party, Let alone the odd range of dishes. Egg salad for the disco? Wings and empanadas in the steam table?
Literally never seen one of these at a private party, including the many swanky ones I used to attend on business. Where the hot hors d'oeuvres were served on silver trays by circulating waiters. Never. Church suppers, yes, and filled there with perfectly delicious granny food.
Silver plate chafing dishes by the thousands, yes. I'm sure you could get 10 for €1000 or so off e bay or at the brocantes.
Beginning to get the pic.
View attachment 2971069
Compare and contrast with the finger food at the midnight supper King George served his servants at the 1912 ghillies' ball at Balmoral.

Menu

Consommé de Volaille
Chicken consommé

Cassolettes de Homard Mayonnaise
Individual handled porcelain dishes filled with lobster medallions dressed in mayonnaise

Petits Aspics de Pâté de Grouse
Small cold pies filled with grouse meat set in aspic jelly

Jambon et Poulets decoupés
Thin slices of ham and smoked chicken rolled into florets

Galantine de Volaille et Langue Ecarlate
Cold deboned chickens stuffed with forcemeat and pickled ox tongue

Perdreaux á l’Aspic
Deboned partridges served cold that have been stuffed with foie-gras and glazed in a sherry flavoured aspic

Sandwiches Varies
Assortment of sandwiches

Petit Pains de Foie Gras
Small hollowed bread rolls stuffed with a fois-gras mousse and decorated with herbs

Gelées au Champagne garnies de Fruits
Fresh fruits set in Champagne jelly

Crêmes Marie Louise
Almond ice-cream named after the second wife of Napoleon I

Pátisserie assortie et Petits Fours
Assorted patisseries and petit fours

Biscuits glacés Benedictine
Slices of vanilla ice-cream wedged with Benedictine flavored ice-cream, topped with cream

Orangeade et Lemonade

Dessert
Coffee parfait

Dancers at Studio 54 and the Mudd Club would emerge sobering up and, uh, ravenous to troop down to this all-night truckers diner at Canal and Broadway. Eggs, bacon, coffee, buttered toast, meat loaf sandwiches.

Screen Shot 2024-06-02 at 4.37.12 PM.png

The chef at the Brooklyn Museum restaurant devised a Studio 54 popup menu a while back which was perhaps less amusing than he thinks. And, btw, the OG meatloaf sandwiches cost $3.25.
Signature Dishes
Hustle Disco Fries, crispy shoestring fries, brown gravy with melted cheese, curds and topped with a fried egg; The Stacked Waldorf Salad with apple slices, candied walnuts, feta cheese, and arugula; Country Fried Chicken with white country gravy & mixed green salad and “The Stevie”, oversized meatball covered in Parmesan cheese, stuffed with macaroni and cheese, served with homemade sauce on a garlic crostini.
Signature Drinks
The Dancing Queen with Bacardi Rum, white peach & mint and the Ecstasy and Excess with Absolut Vodka, Tanqueray Gin, Bacardi Rum, Arete Tequila, Blue Curacao, lime juice, muddled kiwi & pineapple.
Basement in Queens is where you go if dancing and not social climbing is what you're interested in, according to NY mag.
Here's the nearish-by top-ranked Court Square Diner sandwich menu. You can still get an egg sandwich for $3.25. Meatloaf sandwich, $9.45. And breakfast is served all day, if not all night. Diners are way fancier than they used to be, though.
https://courtsquarediner.com/menus/sandwiches-wraps-and-burgers/
I ❤ NY
What's interesting is King George and the diner both get the point -- meat sandwiches, handhelds, coffee, ice cream, soft drinks,
Dance on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Several companies were used by Andrew as a set up for renovating various flats in Southport, plus trying to please his boyfriend by buying him a fashion …shop.
Ahhhh....that's what Status Retail was! I saw that when I did a quick look, Started in June 2015, dissolved June 2016. I am not understanding one of the notices, which says: Upon dissolution all property and rights vested in, or held in trust for, the company are deemed to be bona vacantia, and accordingly will belong to the crown.

I understand what it means, generally, but don't understand how this applies to the company they started. Was is mandated to be dissolved? Was it like a bankruptcy?

You can see everything about this particular company here:

---
Lordy Lord, Lord, Lord.....she looks just like Isabelle here!

Photo courtesy of @Lochness Monster

1717371600522.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I thought I had told Marie to stop with the purees! More cooked radishes I see. Ugh! Oh, and look, tendrils to get stuck in between your teeth too. Lovely contrast serving a white puree on a white plate. Just saw the sliced blueberries. Marie is so original!
Those purees resemble baby food! No thanks!

I have never in my life seen anyone slice blueberries! WHY?!? I eat handfuls of them as a snack, put them in my smoothies, porridge, and even in my coleslaw (don't judge me Tartlets & Tartgents- it is yummy!) I just made a batch today, along with some potato salad (made with Duke's), and Mr. T Rex smoked chicken on the grill. (I jest that I live on the "most delicious street" because on weekend mornings whilst walking the pups, it smells like bacon, onions and peppers, pancakes, sausages and potatoes, and in afternoon, it smells like wood smoke and barbequed meats.)

But, I will have you all know that whilst in the pool today, I did not wear eye nor face masks! Nor have I ever in the pool! :ROFLMAO: (I do have some, I keep them in the freezer next to the popsicles- popsicles when sitting on a floatie are okay, face masks are not!)

@Lochness Monster - your avatar slays me!!! 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I assume Steph opted to not include any footage of Lancelot in Friday’s vlog because she didn’t want more comments about his eyes.

If they have deleted all Lalande content, it would point to a falling out. Could they be annoyed with Steph for using the car 24-7 but not buying it? But if they were, wouldn’t they just tell her to stop using it?
They wiped her content off a long time ago, before she was so blatant about using the car... so who knows..
---
I'd love to know what their connection to tatinette is. In the early days, tatinette was staying with them instead of at the chateau and they made a huge fuss about it, including a monogrammed bathrobe.
It's got to all be linked with old folks homes...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I just watched Nicki from Positano- nice vlog. She helpfully advised they were shutting up Tuscan house for a month in Positano. Whilst her vlogs may be delayed - surely it is foolish to advertise the house will be vacant for such a period. The previous owners have returned once before (whilst Nicki and Carlo not there) to collect left belongings months after hand over (hibernating turtles. Whilst there they took petty things like abandoned pots Nicki had potted with flowers (they took the flowers). I just think it was really foolish thing to say. She could have said friends are renting it for the summer.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Vivienne saying they used to do events explains everything corporate about the party. Sleazy swag bags, computer art table and food decorations to the max, the themed event, the stadium style proposal.
And this. I've never ever seen one of these steam tables at a private party, Let alone the odd range of dishes. Egg salad for the disco? Wings and empanadas in the steam table?
Literally never seen one of these at a private party, including the many swanky ones I used to attend on business. Where the hot hors d'oeuvres were served on silver trays by circulating waiters. Never. Church suppers, yes, and filled there with perfectly delicious granny food.
Silver plate chafing dishes by the thousands, yes. I'm sure you could get 10 for €1000 or so off e bay or at the brocantes.
Beginning to get the pic.
View attachment 2971069
That looks an utterly depressing funeral buffet, not a jubilant feast to celebrate an engagement, however Shrek-like. ugh.

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 8.52.20 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Thanks @Just Grift Wood - it was a really good vlog! It was interesting to know that Honfleur was occupied by the Germans during WWII- the hidey-holes where the owner kept his hunting rifles right about where the commanding officer slept, the cupboard with the sugar packet found years later when the owners were clearing out for the sale to Philipp and Anna, and the scarred fireplace marble where soldiers chopped firewood in place- I am glad they decided to keep it as a reminder of its history.

The interviews with those who were alive during the war was interesting as well. While Anna and Philipp had great uncles who served on both sides, they visited both the British and German memorials, and laid roses from their garden on their headstones. Philipp regaled that no one in his family had been able to visit the grave of his uncle previously, so this is the first time in 80 years a family member was able to pay their respects.

It was a really touching and poignant vlog, and was done very respectfully, as Normandy was one of the bloodiest battles of WWII to both the Allies and the Germans. No matter what side people were on, countless lives were lost. Next week, they will vlog their visit to the American memorial.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Last video shows only stills of Amaury slogging away- he is Soooo out of there

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Last video shows only stills of Amaury slogging away- he is Soooo out of there
The structural work on the GS, 2nd floor bedrooms, walls, floor, steel beam etc. is expected to start November 1st and will be done by the chapel restorers. I'll believe it when I see it, but if it does start as stated, that is major work and I can't imagine it will be finished in 5-6 months (before B&B season in April 2025). Amuary isn't going to stick around for another year+ waiting to start the paneling.

I so hope Amuary & Natti call it a day, pull up sticks and head south in November to start their married life.

• Heart
  • Haha
In tonight's CD flog Fanny explained how she's making "lemonade out of lemons."

Thanks to Bonnie, purveyor of the Downton Abbey eyeware line, Fanny procured oak panelling for Chambre Perse at the absolute "bargain" price of €4,500. Annemarie told her that the wood alone would cost €12,000 to purchase!

But wait . . . the universe is so cruel. Fanny is also being "forced to make a change that [she doesn't] want to make." She must lose most of the chambre's early-20th-century wallpaper--which she "loves"--in order to accommodate the early-20th-century panelling that she is being forced to install.

Resigned to this twist of fate, Fanny will make sure what she "will end up with is far better than what [she] had in the first place." Brava. This logic will certainly win over her legions of brainless fans.

forced a.JPG
forced b.JPG
forced c.JPG

---

Mind you, the Chambre Perse was one of the better appointed rooms in the entire Dump. Snorty ruins everything.

Chambre Perse.jpg

Chambre Perse bb.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.