The Chateau Diaries #303 Nothing at $hitoo Lie Land makes sense, that's why we're all here.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1714675577960.gif

jason dubey
12 hours ago
This vlog first reminds me of my own antique 20K sq ft home in California, and the thousands of square feet of attic space with a vaulted ceiling and loft with thousands more, off our Library. It is so nice to see others, like us, who choose to live in these enormous historic homes, and are passionate and empathetic in our conservation restorations. The ruin veranda of the other Chateau reminds me of my almost lost flying double veranda that was peeling off the house and risking collapse, which is today one of the most incredibly beautiful places to stand and look in awe of the mansion, pristinely preserved and almost perfect. The exploration, lite food, and perfect company on your outing made it so enjoyable!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Little Alex Horne on British Taskmaster would send you over the edge with his teeth I reckon.
Alex Horne is hot. Nothing about that can change my mind. ❤

I wonder if she thinks this is a tv presenter style!?
Yeah from the 1980’s morning shows 😂🤣😆
Yep, 80'es or 90'es back when Chanel was a luxury brand and you'd aspire to own a piece.

You know what they say? Big feet... Big shoes.
Actually, science says long nose, long...

She also hates tattle and all of us.🤷‍♀️
The feeling is mutual Cara.
Cara's Bidet.png
Cara's Cooch.png

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
View attachment 2911272
jason dubey
12 hours ago
This vlog first reminds me of my own antique 20K sq ft home in California, and the thousands of square feet of attic space with a vaulted ceiling and loft with thousands more, off our Library. It is so nice to see others, like us, who choose to live in these enormous historic homes, and are passionate and empathetic in our conservation restorations. The ruin veranda of the other Chateau reminds me of my almost lost flying double veranda that was peeling off the house and risking collapse, which is today one of the most incredibly beautiful places to stand and look in awe of the mansion, pristinely preserved and almost perfect. The exploration, lite food, and perfect company on your outing made it so enjoyable!
Gurrl, please!
Maybe if granny didn't decorate it in the 1980s.
And those vintage CRT televisions??!!
1714676086214.png
1714676172511.png
1714676241512.png
1714676291794.png

YELP 1 star reviews (2 star reviews are a fun read too):
" The owner was in Tahoe, so his mother was in charge. We asked about the wine and snack hour promised in their web page. We were informed the mother sometimes doesn't feel like doing it. "She is an old lady " was the explanation we got from the young lady employee. "

• 60s.jpg
    Sean D.

San Jose, CA

Dec 14, 2019
    Our room was filthy pet hair everywhere. We also had an issue with ants during our visit. Staff was not helpful when made them aware of issues. Walls are super thin and you can hear the people in the room next to you not to mention either squirrels or rats crawling on the roof at night. Extremely overpriced for what it was..... a rundown Victorian in serious need of repair. This place used to great place to stay but I can't recommend it anymore. I think the staff running it are just not putting in the time. Your better off at hotel and local restaurant. Don't even get me started on the food literally frozen items from Cisco that had been defrosted and refrozen several times. I was literally scared to go in the hot tub as it looked milky and filthy. I really hope I don't up with bed bugs. Tell the owner to make this place great again.

• 60s.jpg
    David P.

Cathedral City, CA

Nov 3, 2014
    I purchased a Living Social voucher. Unfortunately, I could not use it in time. When I called, I was gruffly informed that the Inn would not even honor the cash I had paid. (I.e., he ripped me off) A great way to woo visitors, as I would have paid for the second night.

On the other hand, Living Social gave me credit for what I had paid.

• 60s.jpg
    Bobbie Lee D.

Fernley, NV

May 30, 2016
    My daughter was getting married on memorial day this year 2016 so we wanted to stay somewhere nearby she got married at uncle Tom's cabin near Georgetown ca, so we googled some local places to try to find a place to stay . The American River inn came up and I decided to call and book a room, in the room would be me my boyfriend my grandson and granddaughter as I was taking care of them after the wedding.
    The only room they had that was big enough was ...what they called a sweet ... Sweet it was not!
    This was an old broken down victorian style home converted into a hotel . It was 200.00 dollars a night , the food was frozen and just not good. it was hot and very uncomfortable the bed was completely broken down, The shower was an old clawfoot tub which would've been nice if it were just a tub, also it was very loud from the traffic going up and down the street I do believe the jeeps from the Rubicon going up and down. So that really is the end of what I have to say. my mother and my sister and my daughter and granddaughter also rented a room which they say was not great either! O yea it is dog friendly so if one of ur grandkids have allergies they don't say there's pet dander everywhere!!!! BAD...

Business owner information
    30s.png

Jason D.
    Business Owner

Jun 25, 2016
    This review is under review by the Yelp team for containing misleading information and hate speech by a very disrespectful guest of the Historic American River Inn. The guest has been contacted directly by the establishment with request to remove the false review immediately, or be subject to legal action.

• 60s.jpg
    Molly H.

San Francisco, CA

Jun 14, 2011
    DO NOT STAY HERE! Their hot tub gave me Hot tub folliculitis, which first appears as an itchy, bumpy, red rash, then bumps that become tender then bumps that are filled with puss and they refused to give me a refund. In fact, the man denied that this is possible, and was extremely rude on the phone.

On top of that, the breakfast was terrible, and the room STUNK really badly. I can't believe anyone is saying they have had a good experience here. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. It looks charming from the outside, but it is not worth getting a RASH over!!

• 60s.jpg
    Chris S.

Fairfield, CA

Jun 17, 2014
    Where do I start. If Yelp would let me give this place zero stars I would, but one star will have to do. I'm guessing the only reason this place has a four star rating is because the reviews are all pretty old, and those guests encountered no problems, or caused the owners to do nothing but give them a room and that's it. So why am I giving them one star? Simply put, the absolute worst customer service I've ever encountered anywhere. The owner Will seems friendly when it the situation has to do with him collecting your money, but if you have a complaint, or a problem that needs to be resolved he is a rude, abrasive, and completely out of line. He has no concept of customer service, or manners.

Let me explain further. Months ago my wife and I reserved all of the rooms in the hotel for our wedding. At that time we had talked to the woman that ran the front desk. She said we would have to put down a 300 dollar refundable deposit, which we were ok with. She also said if we cancel the remainder of the rooms that weren't booked by our guests 30 days out, then our 300 dollars would be returned. So 60 days out we canceled the reservations on 9 rooms that hadn't been booked, and waited for our deposit to be returned. Well that never happened. So after numerous calls trying to get a hold of the owner Will we gave up until after the wedding. Two days after the wedding we got a call from Will. When my wife spoke to Will he was immediately hostile and spoke to her in a very rude, abrasive tone. A tone that would make any husband very angry. Will had the nerve to call my wife a few names that no business owner should call a paying customer. Will refused to return our money, stating that we agreed to a non-refundable deposit. Which we never agreed to.

So the next week we were in town and decided to talk face to face. When we arrived we waited about 20 minutes to talk to Will, and when we finally sat down it was the same story. He was completely rude, and wouldn't even let me finish a sentence without interrupting with his argumentative statements. Will had a copy of the "wedding package" paperwork with him, which stated the deposit was non-refundable. Which if we had received that paperwork in the fist place, we would have never been sitting there trying to get out money back. But since we never got that paperwork, or agreed to a non-refundable deposit, we believe its only fair that we got our deposit back. On a side note, we had also booked all the rooms in another hotel, and two vacation homes, all with refundable deposits. Will agreed that his employee had made a mistake by not giving us this wedding package paperwork, but refused to make things right. The whole time we attempted to talk to Will about this issue he was argumentative, rude, and completely lacked the manners you'd expect from a civilized business owner. His view is the customer isn't right only he is. It should also be mentioned out of the 9 rooms we canceled 6 were booked by other couples, he also booked rooms that we still had reserved for our group to others not in our group. He was also very rude and unaccommodating to one couple in our group that asked to cancel their second nights reservation because my friends wife is 6 months pregnant and the rooms were stifling hot causing her to feel sick. Will would not give them their money back, and ever refused to give them a receipt. About a week later he finally refunded them their money, after some negotiation.

Other local business owners that I know up there in Georgetown said my feelings about Will were spot on, and that is his reputation in town. If I had to recommend a solution for Will, it would be to retire, and go someplace where you don't have to talk to people and have basic manners. I would never recommend to anyone to stay at the American River Inn, save a little money and stay at the Rock Creek Inn, and enjoy their nice, cool, comfortable rooms.

Lastly, a little bit about the hotel itself. It is a bed and breakfast style establishment. Meaning not every room has a bathroom. It has a old swap cooler that just doesn't do the job adequately during the summer. The rooms are nice, very outdated, but that is the design of that building. It would be a great place to stay if it had a little renovation, starting with the owner.

• ault_user_avatar_64x64_v2.yji-19e0a8ff85b15f4bbd79.png
    Sandhya P.

Sunnyvale, CA

Aug 15, 2012
    We bought a living social voucher for this inn and were planning on making a trip sometime in December. But unfortunately, I was feeling under the weather on the day we were supposed to go to the inn and my husband called them and asked if we could postpone the reservation for some other time. The lady on the other end said that this was perfectly ok and was nice about it.

Today, I called the inn to make a reservation. The man on the other end yelled at me for cancelling the last time and grudgingly gave me available dates for room #5 that I was interested in. When I asked if room #2 was available for a certain date, he said "don't push it" and was absolutely rude. I told him that we did not mean to inconvenience him, which is why we asked the lady if it's possible to postpone - if it wasn't, we would have gone there anyway. The man wanted proof if I was actually sick the last time! He asked me if I had seen a doctor and how I could make a reservation when I was sick (as if I can predict when I will fall sick). He also tried to give me just one night stay at the inn with the voucher instead of two that I was supposed to get!!

Anyway, stay away from this place. If the owner can be so rude and mean on the phone, imaging how awful he will be when you're actually staying at the inn and what kind of customer service you can expect. I am glad living social refunded me my money because I wouldn't have gone anyway.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I see on the website that gift vouchers are available. What a lovely present.

Such a shame this 2016 article is behind a paywall. I managed to read a few sentences before a subscription prompt popped up.

View attachment 2911346
To me it looks like a dated, "themed" bordello populated with 1970s hookers trying to look Victorian.
1714677917856.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I see on the website that gift vouchers are available. What a lovely present.

Such a shame this 2016 article is behind a paywall. I managed to read a few sentences before a subscription prompt popped up.

View attachment 2911346
To me it looks like a dated, "themed" bordello populated with 1970s hookers trying to be Victorian.
View attachment 2911368
Try this link:
Spot on, @Le Baiseur. It was restored in 1973.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
That’s so unCanadian of her, how rude Cara! 🤗
Whether ol' billy-bobs is using filters or not he's got big duck off feet. It's like seeing one of those clowns with the silly huge foam shoes!

You know what they say? Big feet... Big shoes.
---

And don't forget the NDA and gagging order they'll have to sign.
I just can't imagine SJ spending money to take someone to court for breaching an NDA - maybe merely the signing of it is meant to put people off speaking out?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
500K for that chapel? Really Fraud Fanny? You really think everyone is that gullible? No way in he** has that chapel sucked up that kind of money. And if it has come even close, you’re a bigger idiot than anyone ever imagined.

Such gall. You’re a nauseating Liar. Scam Artist.

Get that dog neutered, clip his nails, clean his ears, get something for his oozing eyes. Train him. Train yourself.
Fix your dump. Stop lying, Stop Shopping. Stop Traveling. Punch Snorts. Go pray in that chapel and beg forgiveness for being such a phony, lying, thieving cvnt. One day it will all come back at you and smack you hard in your ridiculously botoxed face.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
View attachment 2911272
jason dubey
12 hours ago
Oh. My. Word. 🤢🤢🤢🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I’m not sure the dining hall is out of bounds. I think treating (I jest) guests to the splendid (ditto) surroundings of the Marquis apartment sitting room - miles from the kitchen, ergo stone cold food by the time it was plated up and trotted across the courtyard - was an attempt to create a more intimate (jesting, again) atmosphere. Sensible people would, of course, simply remove a leaf or two from the table in the dining hall. The prancing twerp could have used a tablecloth that actually fits, rather than the layered look of a patterned cloth on top of an undercloth (quite possibly two mismatched white sheets).

To paraphrase the Lalande maître d’hotel when talking about buying another huge dinner service , “we’re usually 14 or so for dinner”. Pretentious prat.

(Eating over there was an opportunity to use the china bought specifically for the apartment. Who in their right mind equips a gite with such unsuitable crockery for everyday use? Answers on a carte postale, s.v.p.)
They spend more on crockery than they do on food. Which is quite possibly a metaphor for the whole shittoo?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Gurrl, please!
Maybe if granny didn't decorate it in the 1980s.
And those vintage CRT televisions??!!
View attachment 2911297View attachment 2911301View attachment 2911303View attachment 2911306

YELP 1 star reviews (2 star reviews are a fun read too):
" The owner was in Tahoe, so his mother was in charge. We asked about the wine and snack hour promised in their web page. We were informed the mother sometimes doesn't feel like doing it. "She is an old lady " was the explanation we got from the young lady employee. "

• View attachment 2911321
    Sean D.
    San Jose, CA

Dec 14, 2019
    Our room was filthy pet hair everywhere. We also had an issue with ants during our visit. Staff was not helpful when made them aware of issues. Walls are super thin and you can hear the people in the room next to you not to mention either squirrels or rats crawling on the roof at night. Extremely overpriced for what it was..... a rundown Victorian in serious need of repair. This place used to great place to stay but I can't recommend it anymore. I think the staff running it are just not putting in the time. Your better off at hotel and local restaurant. Don't even get me started on the food literally frozen items from Cisco that had been defrosted and refrozen several times. I was literally scared to go in the hot tub as it looked milky and filthy. I really hope I don't up with bed bugs. Tell the owner to make this place great again.

• View attachment 2911322
    David P.
    Cathedral City, CA

Nov 3, 2014
    I purchased a Living Social voucher. Unfortunately, I could not use it in time. When I called, I was gruffly informed that the Inn would not even honor the cash I had paid. (I.e., he ripped me off) A great way to woo visitors, as I would have paid for the second night.

On the other hand, Living Social gave me credit for what I had paid.

• View attachment 2911323
    Bobbie Lee D.
    Fernley, NV

May 30, 2016
    My daughter was getting married on memorial day this year 2016 so we wanted to stay somewhere nearby she got married at uncle Tom's cabin near Georgetown ca, so we googled some local places to try to find a place to stay . The American River inn came up and I decided to call and book a room, in the room would be me my boyfriend my grandson and granddaughter as I was taking care of them after the wedding.
    The only room they had that was big enough was ...what they called a sweet ... Sweet it was not!
    This was an old broken down victorian style home converted into a hotel . It was 200.00 dollars a night , the food was frozen and just not good. it was hot and very uncomfortable the bed was completely broken down, The shower was an old clawfoot tub which would've been nice if it were just a tub, also it was very loud from the traffic going up and down the street I do believe the jeeps from the Rubicon going up and down. So that really is the end of what I have to say. my mother and my sister and my daughter and granddaughter also rented a room which they say was not great either! O yea it is dog friendly so if one of ur grandkids have allergies they don't say there's pet dander everywhere!!!! BAD...

Business owner information
    View attachment 2911324
    Jason D.
    Business Owner

Jun 25, 2016
    This review is under review by the Yelp team for containing misleading information and hate speech by a very disrespectful guest of the Historic American River Inn. The guest has been contacted directly by the establishment with request to remove the false review immediately, or be subject to legal action.

• View attachment 2911325
    Molly H.
    San Francisco, CA

Jun 14, 2011
    DO NOT STAY HERE! Their hot tub gave me Hot tub folliculitis, which first appears as an itchy, bumpy, red rash, then bumps that become tender then bumps that are filled with puss and they refused to give me a refund. In fact, the man denied that this is possible, and was extremely rude on the phone.

On top of that, the breakfast was terrible, and the room STUNK really badly. I can't believe anyone is saying they have had a good experience here. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. It looks charming from the outside, but it is not worth getting a RASH over!!

• View attachment 2911326
    Chris S.
    Fairfield, CA

Jun 17, 2014
    Where do I start. If Yelp would let me give this place zero stars I would, but one star will have to do. I'm guessing the only reason this place has a four star rating is because the reviews are all pretty old, and those guests encountered no problems, or caused the owners to do nothing but give them a room and that's it. So why am I giving them one star? Simply put, the absolute worst customer service I've ever encountered anywhere. The owner Will seems friendly when it the situation has to do with him collecting your money, but if you have a complaint, or a problem that needs to be resolved he is a rude, abrasive, and completely out of line. He has no concept of customer service, or manners.

Let me explain further. Months ago my wife and I reserved all of the rooms in the hotel for our wedding. At that time we had talked to the woman that ran the front desk. She said we would have to put down a 300 dollar refundable deposit, which we were ok with. She also said if we cancel the remainder of the rooms that weren't booked by our guests 30 days out, then our 300 dollars would be returned. So 60 days out we canceled the reservations on 9 rooms that hadn't been booked, and waited for our deposit to be returned. Well that never happened. So after numerous calls trying to get a hold of the owner Will we gave up until after the wedding. Two days after the wedding we got a call from Will. When my wife spoke to Will he was immediately hostile and spoke to her in a very rude, abrasive tone. A tone that would make any husband very angry. Will had the nerve to call my wife a few names that no business owner should call a paying customer. Will refused to return our money, stating that we agreed to a non-refundable deposit. Which we never agreed to.

So the next week we were in town and decided to talk face to face. When we arrived we waited about 20 minutes to talk to Will, and when we finally sat down it was the same story. He was completely rude, and wouldn't even let me finish a sentence without interrupting with his argumentative statements. Will had a copy of the "wedding package" paperwork with him, which stated the deposit was non-refundable. Which if we had received that paperwork in the fist place, we would have never been sitting there trying to get out money back. But since we never got that paperwork, or agreed to a non-refundable deposit, we believe its only fair that we got our deposit back. On a side note, we had also booked all the rooms in another hotel, and two vacation homes, all with refundable deposits. Will agreed that his employee had made a mistake by not giving us this wedding package paperwork, but refused to make things right. The whole time we attempted to talk to Will about this issue he was argumentative, rude, and completely lacked the manners you'd expect from a civilized business owner. His view is the customer isn't right only he is. It should also be mentioned out of the 9 rooms we canceled 6 were booked by other couples, he also booked rooms that we still had reserved for our group to others not in our group. He was also very rude and unaccommodating to one couple in our group that asked to cancel their second nights reservation because my friends wife is 6 months pregnant and the rooms were stifling hot causing her to feel sick. Will would not give them their money back, and ever refused to give them a receipt. About a week later he finally refunded them their money, after some negotiation.

Other local business owners that I know up there in Georgetown said my feelings about Will were spot on, and that is his reputation in town. If I had to recommend a solution for Will, it would be to retire, and go someplace where you don't have to talk to people and have basic manners. I would never recommend to anyone to stay at the American River Inn, save a little money and stay at the Rock Creek Inn, and enjoy their nice, cool, comfortable rooms.

Lastly, a little bit about the hotel itself. It is a bed and breakfast style establishment. Meaning not every room has a bathroom. It has a old swap cooler that just doesn't do the job adequately during the summer. The rooms are nice, very outdated, but that is the design of that building. It would be a great place to stay if it had a little renovation, starting with the owner.

• View attachment 2911327
    Sandhya P.
    Sunnyvale, CA

Aug 15, 2012
    We bought a living social voucher for this inn and were planning on making a trip sometime in December. But unfortunately, I was feeling under the weather on the day we were supposed to go to the inn and my husband called them and asked if we could postpone the reservation for some other time. The lady on the other end said that this was perfectly ok and was nice about it.

Today, I called the inn to make a reservation. The man on the other end yelled at me for cancelling the last time and grudgingly gave me available dates for room #5 that I was interested in. When I asked if room #2 was available for a certain date, he said "don't push it" and was absolutely rude. I told him that we did not mean to inconvenience him, which is why we asked the lady if it's possible to postpone - if it wasn't, we would have gone there anyway. The man wanted proof if I was actually sick the last time! He asked me if I had seen a doctor and how I could make a reservation when I was sick (as if I can predict when I will fall sick). He also tried to give me just one night stay at the inn with the voucher instead of two that I was supposed to get!!

Anyway, stay away from this place. If the owner can be so rude and mean on the phone, imaging how awful he will be when you're actually staying at the inn and what kind of customer service you can expect. I am glad living social refunded me my money because I wouldn't have gone anyway.
No wonder Dauphin Dubious feels such a kinship to Madame LaFlash. Dated decor, nonworking climate controls, substandard dining, rundown structures, rude staff and filter addiction. Why, anyone would think they were from the same family! Also, I noticed his threat of legal action was obviously unsuccessful as the review is still published seven years later. Pauvre petit dauphin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Leaving lots of cryptic clues on his insta. He has lost a bit of weight, did he get some new Turkey Teef on his way to the Shittoo. Me thinks all is not well in a land downunder
Guy sounds like a weak dick. What man puts this type of 💩 out on the internet. What a p*ssy.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.