The Chateau Diaries #268 Stephanie Jarvis' dailies aren't even filmed daily, lazy cow!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am glad Pavlina is in charge of feeding Ruby and the chickens. Ruby was hungry and ready to eat. Who cares for the sheep?

True to form, Fanny lost interest in the baby chicks once they stopped being babies,

They must be reading here because suddenly Marie is taken to the doctor by Snorts, several days after she injured her back and recovered? They never take Marie anywhere. She didn’t go to the “ hot” guy gardens, they never take her to the grocery, to town on trips, out to eat at a local restaurant or to other chateaus. She is just housed away in the dreary attic rooms, given discarded Shittelaine dresses, scrubs the walls in the pizza room, and called downstairs mainly to film, cook, etc.

Did you notice phi phi does not acknowledge or say hello to Dave the cleaner but Amaury does say hello? I bet the cleaners don’t like him either.
---
Perhaps the Foreo sponsorship would be better if you had Stephanie and Gerry both use the device and serums and compare their faces side by side?
She's becoming like the mad wife: Mrs Rochester kept locked in the Attic in the novel 'Jane Eyre'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Have you noticed Fanny routinely sexualizes men featured in her videos with her lovebombing “ hot” titles on videos, nicknames proclaiming the attractiveness of the person, or exploits them by making them take their shirts off for the camera , e.g., Amaury. She makes strangely sexualized comments about Cuz.

You notice she has done none of the above to Shrek.
She has (sort of) love-bombed Shrek, but she's never shown him shirtless. Same with Andrew the Giant Gay Puff!

1696557217797.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
After the day I had, thank you all for the many laughs!

We are in the process of having our pool cage installed (which should be a simple installation, as it is a direct replacement for the old one the hurricane blew away.) Everything was supposed to be pre-cut to specifications in a warehouse, with stainless steel screws and installed by "professionals"- it was not. The first red flag was when a team arrived wearing lawn care t-shirts (I kid you not), and started cutting metals beams. A call to our sales guy, who insisted they were all qualified to install pool cages under their company. After they departed for the day, we realized only one beam was plumb, they were using the wrong screws (all mismatched- don't even get me started on galvanic corrosion), half-assed installed the "super gutter" which is integral to the structural integrity of the cage (also with the wrong screws and they did a number on the flashing, which cannot be replaced), and nothing was square (it's looking like a Franken-cage, and after consulting the engineering blueprints, is a mess.) Called the sales guy, who said he would send out the foreman tomorrow. Me, "NO. Works needs to cease, and we need to talk to the owner." He texted back he'd be onsite in the morning to address the issues. I grabbed a neighbour who is a licensed contractor, and asked him to come over because we needed a sanity check. Armed with tape measures, levels and ladders- he agreed and pointed out more stuff that was wrong, citing code. The bad part is that it has to be completed by Sunday night because our pool company is coming on Monday to begin our pool resurfacing. Ironically, we hired the pool cage company in the first place because they were supposed to be the best (and they were the highest bid of all things.) SMH.

What's worse- I am on the board of directors for a major event that is coming up, and found out this afternoon that my Grandma is in hospice- they don't expect her to make it another 3 weeks. Since we have a diabetic dog who requires insulin injections twice a day, Mr. T Rex and I had to devise a plan- I'll fly out for the funeral (she wouldn't know who I am at this point), and Mr. T Rex will stay at home with the dogs (already explained the situation to the neighbours, who will come over and help him give the naughty minx her shots.) This will be interesting, as he's only given her one shot - backup plan is to go to the vet and after-hours vet. Why are NONE of my neighbours veterinarians?!?

I am of the mindset everything happens for a reason, but sheesh, today started as a good day and ended up crap. 'Drinking a Miller Lite on lanai staring at a $25K half-built Franken-cage with my pool covered in plastic (what is the point?), and hoping for a better day tomorrow, counting the blessings of Walmart + delivering cold beer.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
After the day I had, thank you all for the many laughs!

We are in the process of having our pool cage installed (which should be a simple installation, as it is a direct replacement for the old one the hurricane blew away.) Everything was supposed to be pre-cut to specifications in a warehouse, with stainless steel screws and installed by "professionals"- it was not. The first red flag was when a team arrived wearing lawn care t-shirts (I kid you not), and started cutting metals beams. A call to our sales guy, who insisted they were all qualified to install pool cages under their company. After they departed for the day, we realized only one beam was plumb, they were using the wrong screws (all mismatched- don't even get me started on galvanic corrosion), half-assed installed the "super gutter" which is integral to the structural integrity of the cage (also with the wrong screws and they did a number on the flashing, which cannot be replaced), and nothing was square (it's looking like a Franken-cage, and after consulting the engineering blueprints, is a mess.) Called the sales guy, who said he would send out the foreman tomorrow. Me, "NO. Works needs to cease, and we need to talk to the owner." He texted back he'd be onsite in the morning to address the issues. I grabbed a neighbour who is a licensed contractor, and asked him to come over because we needed a sanity check. Armed with tape measures, levels and ladders- he agreed and pointed out more stuff that was wrong, citing code. The bad part is that it has to be completed by Sunday night because our pool company is coming on Monday to begin our pool resurfacing. Ironically, we hired the pool cage company in the first place because they were supposed to be the best (and they were the highest bid of all things.) SMH.

What's worse- I am on the board of directors for a major event that is coming up, and found out this afternoon that my Grandma is in hospice- they don't expect her to make it another 3 weeks. Since we have a diabetic dog who requires insulin injections twice a day, Mr. T Rex and I had to devise a plan- I'll fly out for the funeral (she wouldn't know who I am at this point), and Mr. T Rex will stay at home with the dogs (already explained the situation to the neighbours, who will come over and help him give the naughty minx her shots.) This will be interesting, as he's only given her one shot - backup plan is to go to the vet and after-hours vet. Why are NONE of my neighbours veterinarians?!?

I am of the mindset everything happens for a reason, but sheesh, today started as a good day and ended up crap. 'Drinking a Miller Lite on lanai staring at a $25K half-built Franken-cage with my pool covered in plastic (what is the point?), and hoping for a better day tomorrow, counting the blessings of Walmart + delivering cold beer.
I’m sorry you’re going through all of this.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Did you notice phi phi does not acknowledge or say hello to Dave the cleaner but Amaury does say hello? I bet the cleaners don’t like him either.
Philip is the sort of person who would now consider Dave to be his social inferior.
What was one of Philip's jobs before he arrived at the the chateau . . . oh yes . . . a waiter.
He needs a reality check . . . everyone should be treated equally and with respect.
Philip is as big a try hard, show pony as his girlfriend.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Bun Boy cannot have lunch without Natti??
When my wife heard that, she was like: "He can't eat without Natti? That's either very sweet or very disturbing. He's either super in love with her or he may have codependency issues or worse, dependent personality disorder."

Who knows, it might just be a mild case, but with a cousin suffering from severe Narcissistic Personality Disorder, one wonders, what else runs in the family?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Regarding the white van, which she does indeed refer to as "our van", look at what is inside the van after the wood burning store has been removed. Philip has, once again, been let loose on an auction site and has purchased two tables. They were not mentioned in the vlog, and if spotted again, Fanny will trot out her usual excuse of 'they were such a bargain at only €50 each,' when it's likely they were €200 or more. You can just see the two tables in this image.

View attachment 2493581
Good catch!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m sorry you’re going through all of this.❤
Thanks, bay- your ears must have been burning, as I told Mr. T Rex, "The majority of contractors are crap. How on earth did @Jules100 survive a massive remodel without losing her mind?!? This is just a pool cage!"

I had to chuckle (as most of my neighbours are in their 70s, but one did tell a neighbour's grandkids she was 46! LOL!)- "What?!? You still have a grandmother, let alone a mother?!? Oh, I forgot you are still a baby!" Lord help us, if the others get wind of this - Mr. T Rex is going to be bombarded by funeral casseroles while I am out! All we can do is laugh at this point.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Thanks, bay- your ears must have been burning, as I told Mr. T Rex, "The majority of contractors are crap. How on earth did @Jules100 survive a massive remodel without losing her mind?!? This is just a pool cage!"
It was a terrible experience. I’m very happy now that everything is 99.999% completed, but there were a few times during the process I wished we never started it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Got this email from Manor & Maker today…

Calling All Lalanders!
There is a lovely, and specific, segment of our followers who came to us through Stephanie & Philip of the Chateau de Lalande and the Chateau Diaries. We've supported S&P and their extended family for the last couple of patron days, and hope to do so again next year.

Thanks to Father Ken, and a discussion with Philip, we're investigating the option of opening ourselves up for a stay for visitors attending the big event. We'd love your feedback on whether this is a good idea!

One option we're considering is a fixed B&B-style stay of about 4 nights, overlapping the patron dates. On "your day" as a patron, you'd drive up and back to Lalande, which is about 2.5 hrs each direction - so yes, that's a factor. Based on previous years, that would likely mean leaving here at 6am and returning about 9pm. When it's not "your day", you can enjoy the company of the other Lalanders staying chez nous, and explore the wonders of the Dordogne - and maybe some creative activities with local artists?

Another option is a non-fixed stay - we just run B&B style for that week only. I'm honestly not sure we could turn over 5 rooms in a couple of hours if needed, but if there is enough interest and overlap between guests, it just might be possible!

🗓 Patron Dates: July 9-11, 2024

Please reply to this email if you think this might be of interest to you, and give us any suggestions you have!
Confused?
Feel out of the loop?
Let us help out if all of the above feels unfamiliar. Now would be a great time to catch up on our friends' adventures!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Got this email from Manor & Maker today…

Calling All Lalanders!
There is a lovely, and specific, segment of our followers who came to us through Stephanie & Philip of the Chateau de Lalande and the Chateau Diaries. We've supported S&P and their extended family for the last couple of patron days, and hope to do so again next year.

Thanks to Father Ken, and a discussion with Philip, we're investigating the option of opening ourselves up for a stay for visitors attending the big event. We'd love your feedback on whether this is a good idea!

One option we're considering is a fixed B&B-style stay of about 4 nights, overlapping the patron dates. On "your day" as a patron, you'd drive up and back to Lalande, which is about 2.5 hrs each direction - so yes, that's a factor. Based on previous years, that would likely mean leaving here at 6am and returning about 9pm. When it's not "your day", you can enjoy the company of the other Lalanders staying chez nous, and explore the wonders of the Dordogne - and maybe some creative activities with local artists?

Another option is a non-fixed stay - we just run B&B style for that week only. I'm honestly not sure we could turn over 5 rooms in a couple of hours if needed, but if there is enough interest and overlap between guests, it just might be possible!

🗓 Patron Dates: July 9-11, 2024

Please reply to this email if you think this might be of interest to you, and give us any suggestions you have!
Confused?
Feel out of the loop?
Let us help out if all of the above feels unfamiliar. Now would be a great time to catch up on our friends' adventures!
So to stay with the Shreks, you are going to spend 10+ hours over 2 days of your stay in a car driving to and from the Dump for cheap, gross food served on old rickety tables under a mildewed tent, then return to the Shrek compound and line up for a shower in the second floor communal bathroom? Is the Shrek household some type of nirvana? WTF? Weird Shrek is sooooooooooooooo thirsty when it comes to the Dump.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Weird Shrek is sooooooooooooooo thirsty when it comes to the Dump.
Which reminds me of Pats and Stuart.
They recently purchased a chandelier at auction, however, they had a confab with Philip beforehand to make sure he wasn't going to bid on it.
Cos, ya know, that's what chateau owners do.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
How's anmury going to slap something non existent 🤔
---
Facial.png
1601404132-istock-491977440.jpg

Don't forget your neck area a beautician told me at 13 always moisture this area up making strokes up hence 53 at firm neck area. Sorry for you too late and booze ages look like nobody's business you look 80
---
Always full of excuses for why nothing ever gets completed at The French Beans’ chateau. And again she’ll be perplexed as to why their channel has not grown.

Most annoying as a regular subscriber the long video of excuses. Just another reason why I am not a patron of any YouTuber then you get 30 mins videos of whinning and later please subscribe this is our only income to preserve our...... Manor.... Project.. Historic....

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Before Snorts joined, SJ pushed out 3 flogs a week with an average time of 30/31minutes without sponsorship video's. She did the flog editing, cooking, sewing and random stuff her self.

She now pushes out 5 video's a week averaging on 13 minutes per flog with a grand total of 65 minutes. (She did take good notes from tattle on the minimum length per video to get the best roi of time).
She now 'works' 7 to 10 flog minutes per week more. While Maria & Marie cooks, Snorts edit, Natti looking after the rooms and guests, Annmarie pretending to renovate.
There is no story you can follow anymore. It has become random bits and bobs.

Things she did without a follow up since the kick off, of her dailies;
*I must order new towels and start using the brother machine on them. (Did she order the towels? Have they arrived?)
*starting to renovate an attic bedroom. (Have they cleared the room, ordered the wall paper, sanded down and repainted the wash stand)
*new flew needs to be installed in the tack room (has fanny 4 flues become fanny 5 flues yet?)

How long will it take to instal the woodburner in the winter salon? Why didn't they install it. When will they install it?
I thought why didn't they just put it straight in the winter salon, then I remembered that room is probably full of unecessary crap and it won't fit in. She's just filling the place up with more and more and more.
---
What could she possibly be hiding by blurring one of the wood stove's packing/shipping labels?
View attachment 2493194 View attachment 2493196
LaLande's address is easily found, so it couldn't be that. Is she lying about the stove's cost or acquisition?
That will be the deilvery note, hiding where it's come from as there won't be any price shown on that.

Franco Belge Gascon Emaille 15kw - price 2400.00 to 3000.00. Got these prices from a discount web page.

The enamel ones are more the more expensive, and easier to keep clean on the outside but if they chip....and Snorts was picking at something on the front of it started too say something but stopped.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
That van was full of stuff. Basic rule of packing a van, start filling from the front.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.