The Chateau Diaries #267 Stephanie Jarvis is a con artist, and The Chateau Diaries is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surprisingly, #2 was the hands down in person winner. Everyone, including the happy couple and my husband, gave it the thumbs up. It looks much nicer in real life than in the pics and is quite slimming. Thanks Neiman Marcus!

Now I just need to find some cute shoes.
I like both dresses Jules!
If it was me I would have to pick number 1 because I grow roses and I would have to have that dress! 🌹 :love:
I do like your final choice and I feel if something jumps out at you - that is the Right On for you.
You will find some cute shoes as that dress will go with many things.

Thank god its not yellow. o_O

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Dress update 🙄. I’ve been looking for a dress to wear to my oldest’s upcoming wedding. I’m a very casual person, shorts & flip flops most days. Since I’ve lost 25 pounds over the past few months, I haven’t bought a lot of new things, except a few cute J Crew tops I couldn’t pass up. I’ve been mostly shopping in my own closet. Wearing a lot of different things that haven’t fit quite right for a while. During this dress shopping process, I was surprised that I now wear a U.S. size 4.

I started looking online to get an idea about what’s out there in the fancy-ish dress world. After physically shopping in several department stores in two malls, I didn’t find anything, so I ordered two dresses that looked nice and felt like me. I don’t want to stand out. I just want to be a lovely, vague background character.

#1. I thought this would be the one.
View attachment 2483416

#2. This one jumped out at me from the beginning, but no one else seemed to like it.
View attachment 2483417

Surprisingly, #2 was the hands down in person winner. Everyone, including the happy couple and my husband, gave it the thumbs up. It looks much nicer in real life than in the pics and is quite slimming. Thanks Neiman Marcus!

I like dress #2 better too!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Dress update 🙄. I’ve been looking for a dress to wear to my oldest’s upcoming wedding. I’m a very casual person, shorts & flip flops most days. Since I’ve lost 25 pounds over the past few months, I haven’t bought a lot of new things, except a few cute J Crew tops I couldn’t pass up. I’ve been mostly shopping in my own closet. Wearing a lot of different things that haven’t fit quite right for a while. During this dress shopping process, I was surprised that I now wear a U.S. size 4.

I started looking online to get an idea about what’s out there in the fancy-ish dress world. After physically shopping in several department stores in two malls, I didn’t find anything, so I ordered two dresses that looked nice and felt like me. I don’t want to stand out. I just want to be a lovely, vague background character.

View attachment 2483416

#2. This one jumped out at me from the beginning, but no one else seemed to like it.
View attachment 2483417

Louboutins dahling... but not in nude. And a big duck off hat. Think Andi McDowell in 4 Weddings (1st wedding). Always love a hat for a wedding.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I had Tupperware . No logos in our house. No Gucci or Chanel either🤣
No lunchbox option for me. Everyone in my school sat down to a cooked meal at lunch time. Each table of 8 had a monitor who collected the food on a huge tray and served it to us. It was fantastic food. I remember the lovely smell of cooking wafting up and down the corridors during the morning lessons and I would always have fun trying to guess what was on the menu that day. We did not have a choice, we ate what we were given or we went hungry. Nobody tried to force us to finish our food either, it was up to us. I don't remember many leftovers though, all the plates were clean.

My mother, unfortunately, was from the FRK school of cooking. All meat was grey and overdone, and all vegetables tasted the same as they were overcooked and had had the goodness, colour and taste scalded out of them. Salt was liberally used for everything, and she even gave us an extra teaspoonful in a little pile at the side of our plates for us to dip into.

Thanks to my mother my school dinners were always the highlight of my day. 👩‍🍳👩‍🍳👩‍🍳

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Fair point. The Lalacelle boy is often pictured pitching in -- when he was smaller with child-sized wheelbarrow. I don't think they're overworking him, giving little kids training in work is the Montessori practical life method. Toddlers love it. Then they stop, at three or four. But having indulged them when they're eager, with little knives, child-sized brooms, travel irons, they already have the self-esteem that comes with solving problems and contributing to the family,
No evidence either Jarvis or Petit Seigneur Tache l'Oreiller have a single clue along these lines.
Adorable Hapa family toddler cooking @2:56:
OK. The worrying thing I took away from above was - little knives. My boy is now 19 and I still keep the knives "hidden". Admittedly he knows where they are and, dare I say, he has a favourite knife amongst them. But still, I bought him plastic scissors for school up until he has 16!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
As well as catching Covid, the Comte had injured his shoulder.
And they were also looking after his mother in law who had come to stay with them. She had dementia.
Yes, and hadn't he just finished taking care of his aunt's estate, cleaning out her own, who had died?
I miss him a ton!

• Heart
I would not have brought this up...but as shoes have been mentioned albeit not in this league...has anyone ever tried Vivaia shoes? I have read the environmental credentials .Admittedly some of them look like slippers but I liked the black boots with pink soles. Maybe an option for everyday wear? Thought I would ask.
Btw Beachgirl keep up the partying!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ok, so first there were those big dinosaurs and then a asteroid killed them all and they became oil. Rich Texans and Sheiks started pumping out these oils and they became even richer.

There were two world wars and America sent army guys all over to world to show dominance.

someone invented the internet and here we are.
Love ya 😘😘😘

• Heart
Reactions: 13
As well as catching Covid, the Comte had injured his shoulder.
And they were also looking after his mother in law who had come to stay with them. She had dementia.
If that is the case, poor guy, then he's probably too busy and exhausted to spend his waking time here. I hope he's doing ok as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

View attachment 2483416

View attachment 2483417

I'm glad you found something you love! It's terrible trying to find dresses or shoes in department stores or shops - all the good stuff is online and not carried in the stores or they don't have your size. I have always had to resort to ordering online and returning what doesn't work. I hate to say it, it's the exact same thing with shoes!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

View attachment 2483416

View attachment 2483417

Whatever you feel comfortable in. I'm sure you will look stunning. Anyone who can rock that Fanny Yellow number will look great in either dress #1 or #2! I hope you will send us a picture of the final ensemble, and I hope you all have a great day. 🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@Jules100 I love your choice of dress and congratulations on your dropping 25 lbs. I did the same for my daughters wedding and it was hard work. You're going to look amazing! Buy cute shoes but make sure they're comfortable. You won't regret it. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
OK. The worrying thing I took away from above was - little knives. My boy is now 19 and I still keep the knives "hidden". Admittedly he knows where they are and, dare I say, he has a favourite knife amongst them. But still, I bought him plastic scissors for school up until he has 16!
All Montessori babies work with knives if they want to.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
He also just does not know how to interact with adults. He was used to being the apple of his grandparents eye . He must be very dull company.
He has not been educated in culture or class. He has no manners and lacks any skill that warrants attention for the right reason.
Who else in the whole of the chateau verse does not work? Even the little boy on escape to the nightmare helps and does useful things .He is just Fanny’s maid.
Ps I know Fanny ‘ thinks’ she works.🙄😂
Sometimes I just look at Phillip and think... 'Really, that's the sperm that won?'

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I barely recognize flower guy... he looks so much hotter in his natural environment...
It's weird that isn't it. I remember watching 'Last of the Mohicans' (with Daniel Day Lewis) and finding the Second to last of the Mohicans incredibly HOT, so got out another movie he was in - it was strangely disappointing. All that long hair, hardly any clothes and he was gorgeous. Same with seeing Keanu Reeves in Speed - hot! other movies, not so much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I barely recognize flower guy... he looks so much hotter in his natural environment...
It's weird that isn't it. I remember watching 'Last of the Mohicans' (with Daniel Day Lewis) and finding the Second to last of the Mohicans incredibly HOT, so got out another movie he was in - it was strangely disappointing. All that long hair, hardly any clothes and he was gorgeous. Same with seeing Keanu Reeves in Speed - hot! other movies, not so much.
I have a theory that Lalande drains one’s life force, attractiveness, work ethic and common sense.🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Why isn't Le Comte here anymore? The name doesn't show up so I can't check the history.. I have such a short memory I swear you can tell me your darkest secret, I'll forget to repeat it... I think Dubious has a partner, he doesn't like to travel.. though if it was me I'd drag someone else if my partner didn't fly, only I'm the one who doesn't like flying 😁
There must be something wrong with me I fall asleep flying, in the dentist chair and in the theatre.. Maybe I just zone out to not think about it.
---
Nope, by the time Marilyn Manson came around, I was too old for lunch boxes, maybe even out of school. I don’t even know why I chose a KISS lunchbox, I remember being embarrassed by it and covering it with a napkin at lunchtime. Although, I kind of wish I still had it now, I’d sell it.💰
Jules love the avatar is it you? Or someone special?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Sorry. Le Comte was who he said he was. No imposter, first of all, could have committed those typo and English fingerprints accurately. Second, he really knew his Euro econ stuff on running big old houses as profitable businesses. Third, claimed other unmistakable aristo watermarks, not least a degree in agriculture. Jason Dubey wouldn't be caught dead at cow college, and also wouldn't survive five minutes. Fourth, labradors walking the estate, allowed on the bed -- another dead giveaway.
I agree. When I was looking up his NGO ages ago there were multiple photos of him(I suppose) and his husband. Those have now been erased. There were photos of black tie social events. I saw some business info and I think this has now been cleared up. His sister is prominent on the NGO site. As I said before, if it is someone else, then it is stolen identity. Le Comte did share too much personal info and I only looked his NGO up because I was interested and to me, it all added up.
Le Comte, I reckon you and your husband are wonderful to do what you do in Sri Lanka and your NGO appears to be successful. Sri Lankans are easy to love.

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.