The Chateau Diaries #254 The Chatelaine de Shopping let The Kat out of the bag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulation @TorontoGWM for naming the thread, how au currant.
Happy Birthday @Frenchie0810 70 years us a milestone.

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread

Hedda Hopper

Sunday at 11:34 PM
Nutti has been pregnant for about 2 years now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Goatlady6, suthern_lurker and 53 others

mrsp67

VIP Member

Monday at 1:26 PM
things that have me perplexed re: CD

1. If Michael Pots is your best friend, why do you not promote his girlfriends book?
2. Have not started any renovation.
3. Why do you wear old lady dresses and heels every day in the countryside?
4. Why are you dating and stunting the life
Of a boy literally young enough to be your child?
5. Why do you not care more for your mother?
6. Why do you not care nor show care for the animals or people under your care?
7. Why do you not listen to your patrons?
8. Why do you keep the ugly ugly ugly dining chairs but spend thousands on wallpaper for a bathroom?
8. why do you not clean nor paint your kitchen when you spend thousands on wallpaper for multiple bathrooms?
9. As you have an amazing carpenter working for you, why has he not sanded, stained & varnished your kitchen table, I actually love it it just needs love!!

As many people in Stephanie’s life, read here, and Stephanie herself reads here perhaps you can address these to your patrons.

Last edited: Monday at 1:31 PM
  • Heart
Reactions:Trollda, billybudd, Margo Polo and 51 others

Le Baiseur

VIP Member

Saturday at 9:36 PM
Fair warning!
I've officially joined the chateauverse.
The chateau is still a couple years out, but today I bought sconces for it.

Stay tuned for my first vlog where I talk about their purchase for 7 minutes, followed by 12 minutes of pans, zooms, and drone flyovers of the sconces; all set to open source music! I wrap things up with a 5 minute recap of what I said at the beginning of the vlog.

I hope you'll all like, subscribe, and ring that bell!

1688845295830.jpeg

Last edited: Saturday at 9:42 PM
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Margo Polo, MagpieSassyPants and 47 others

Marquis de Potpourri

VIP Member

Yesterday at 9:44 AM
MsPitstop said:
Hey @Marquis de Potpourri we Tattlers want to know how Mumm and Baby are doing? And which one of us has won the sweepstake in the name! Did you go for Michael II, Daniel, Phillip, Ian III, Thor, Selmar or my pick Ruby?
Mommy and Baby Potpourri are doing very, very well! Thanks!
With our doctor's approval, Baby Potpourri is scheduled for bris tomorrow morning (his eighth day, July 12th).
The mohel (who also happens to be an MD) is coming over to perform the ritual at my parents' home where we are staying for a few more days.

No Tattler won the naming sweepstake because his grandfathers on both sides had the honor of choosing the names. His Texan grandpa chose the first name, and his NY grandpa chose his middle name; but in the ceremony, he will be called by his Hebrew name for the first time. ;) :D

1689060282456.png

Sorry for the derail! Now back to Lalande...and Chaumont!

Last edited: Yesterday at 9:51 AM
  • Heart
Reactions:What the?, Frenchie0810, Fromthenorth and 47 others

Jules100

VIP Member

Saturday at 3:54 PM
TorontoGWM said:
Can someone please explain what the issue is with the tiles Shrek made which are very much like the one the chatelaine had an orgasm over that the Twank made????? Why has she done nothing with them? What did Shrek do wrong? Isn’t this tile segment in the vlog a big FU to Shrek?
View attachment 2293373
I remember when Steve finally revealed his work, Stephanie said Steve’s sample tiles were the wrong size, the wrong color blue and that he removed most of the penises and used condoms from Daddy’s original designs, thus leaving the spirit of Daddy’s bespoke kitchen tiles limp and flaccid.

edit: @ploppityplop2 and I share a brain❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Trollda, Margo Polo and 46 others

Wiki - Happy tattling

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Is it just me, or is anyone else’s TL search button 🔎 missing?
Ooooooh yes! That’s what’s missing! I knew there were 3 icons on the top right corner and after the update there’s now 2… but my brain couldn’t compute what! 😂

Edit: I asked in the site support thread. I think we may still be mid-update and some features aren’t working properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Off topic: I had a conversation with a friend tonight and one topic of conversation was childhood family dinners/ church/ potluck childhood meals at school events, etc. I recalled and am posting an older Jolly video which features some old recipes that use jello, etc.It is fun to watch and a few recipes are slightly mortifying. I can’t recall if I previously posted this video but if so, it is still fun to watch.

I remember my grandmother making different type of jello side dishes when I was a kid ( with cottage cheese, marshmallows, fruit, topped with dream whip/cool whip, etc.), and church/ school/ sports picnic functions always had a few jello based dishes, but some of the recipes in the video below are “unique.” Did your family routinely serve jello based dishes in the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s? Did you like them or hate them?

Do you have a favorite recipe that you make today that uses Jello? Do you have a favorite flavor of jello?

Maybe Snorts, as an homage to his beloved grandfather, can make a peach filled jello ring with tuna salad plopped in the center of the ring to serve the B and B guests, with a side of lawn clipping salad, and a dessert that looks like a potato ( cue sad faces in children served any such dinner). A menu like this would certainly be worth the 70 euro price tag for Dump dining.

Articles for a blast from the past on jello based recipes and 1950’s recipes.

Here are a couple of articles about1950’s jello based recipes.

Is there any particular dish or dessert that you hated being served or having to eat at family/church/school/ sports functions?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
❤ Love the topic derail...
Luv the Jolly videos too- Hilarious!
Have to watch this one.

***These were called “congealed salads” where we lived. My Mom’s we called “Pink”. Consists of:
Cherry jello,
crushed pineapple,
cottage cheese
Eagle Brand (sweetened condensed) milk.
I actually like it- and since she’s passed now- we have made it a time or two just ‘cause we missed hers. Good summer dish!

Today she would have been 88-
gone 5 years now-
so I’m feeling more than a little sentimental!!!
Nothing can replace our Mama’s!!! 💔
Thanks for bearing with me!!! 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Sorry i cant remember who highlighted this channel on the previous thread. Here it is with the photographic evidence of Dan and Kat together.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Is there any particular dish or dessert that you hated being served or having to eat at family/church/school/ sports functions?
You must be from the south!

Yes! There is something I hated seeing at all of our family reunions...and it just happens to be a molded jello salad consisting of orange jello (Eeeewwww) with shredded cabbage and pineapple. What I really hated was that the center was always filled with mayonnaise. Sometimes, they'd use lime jello instead of orange (lime jello deserves a bigger "eeeeewwww"!)

It makes me gag just writing about it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
My grand-mother used to make red jello with pineapple in it, it was ok. To be fair she always had the whole "clan" on Sundays lunch and we were quite numerous in her tiny kitchen(my mother had 6 siblings) so it was either jello or angel cake for dessert with added ice cream in summer :sneaky:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Sorry i cant remember who highlighted this channel on the previous thread. Here it is with the photographic evidence of Dan and Kat together.
Jenny with the TEA!! ☕😂
Who would’ve thunk? SJ missed her chance of exposing them! 😆

IMG_5961.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Wow! Nice catch!
I've taken a snapshot for posterity! Whoopsie - sorry @Karma baby! We had the same idea of posting a pic!

On another note, isn't this the woman whose Christmas party Stephanie & Philip attended? I'll look into this in the next couple of days, but I think she's the one!

1689135715242.png

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
❤ Love the topic derail...
Luv the Jolly videos too- Hilarious!
Have to watch this one.

***These were called “congealed salads” where we lived. My Mom’s we called “Pink”. Consists of:
Cherry jello,
crushed pineapple,
cottage cheese
Eagle Brand (sweetened condensed) milk.
I actually like it- and since she’s passed now- we have made it a time or two just ‘cause we missed hers. Good summer dish!

Today she would have been 88-
gone 5 years now-
so I’m feeling more than a little sentimental!!!
Nothing can replace our Mama’s!!! 💔
Thanks for bearing with me!!! 😍
My grandmother made the same congealed salad. It was surprisingly good.

Have you seen this Jolly video “Recreating the original 1886 Coke recipe.” Ollie recreates Coke from the recipe and it works!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Wow! Nice catch!
I've taken a snapshot for posterity! Whoopsie - sorry @Karma baby! We had the same idea of posting a pic!

On another note, isn't this the woman whose Christmas party Stephanie & Philip attended? I'll look into this in the next couple of days, but I think she's the one!

View attachment 2302237
I don’t think they have had any interactions with LaLande crew.
I used to watch her videos all the time and then I just stopped. They are a small family, her husband is Swedish and they are very much involved with their local community. Their videos are actually nice, I just stopped watching because I didn’t have time for all the shatto channels 😅
---
You know what... dan may not get a balcklash from the fans afterall!

@paulawynne6420

4 hours ago
Dan an Cat were spotted together at the airport by Jenny's Chateau Farm. She took a picture with them and showed it in her video!

P65zAq7HeBLSrfN482JuCJ7H=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@greenb5716
3 hours ago
I had said from the get go that there was more to those two than Dan was letting on 😂😂 Good for them they make a good couple. 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I don’t think they have had any interactions with LaLande crew.
I used to watch her videos all the time and then I just stopped. They are a small family, her husband is Swedish and they are very much involved with their local community. Their videos are actually nice, I just stopped watching because I didn’t have time for all the shatto channels 😅
---
You know what... dan may not get a balcklash from the fans afterall!

@paulawynne6420
4 hours ago
Dan an Cat were spotted together at the airport by Jenny's Chateau Farm. She took a picture with them and showed it in her video!

View attachment 2302252
@greenb5716
3 hours ago
I had said from the get go that there was more to those two than Dan was letting on 😂😂 Good for them they make a good couple. 😂😂
I am not surprised by these comments!

Now I'm wondering whose party they went to......I swear it looked like this lady. I just remember the house was really dark inside.
But the worst thing? Having to slog through all of those videos to find it. I can't even remember what year it was! If it were anyone but SJ, it wouldn't be the worst thing!

Reactions: 18
My grandmother made the same congealed salad. It was surprisingly good.
***Oh cool that you’ve had the “Pink” too!!! 💁🏼‍♀️

Have you seen this Jolly video “Recreating the original 1886 Coke recipe.” Ollie recreates Coke from the recipe and it works!
I haven’t seen this one-
Is it the original Coca-Cola with coke???
That could be interesting!!!
😜😜😜

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Who says that the area where HMN is, is boring?
So many workshops: arranging flowers, cooking... whatever your heart desires!
Maybe Killip will also organize an upholstery workshop?😂😂😂😂 Not.

The more time passes, the more I want to organize an annual trip to that magic called LL and its surroundings. If necessary, I will become a Patreon! I'll do anything!🤦‍♀️
Screenshot_20230712_071802_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I also tried to take a screenshot of Dan and Kat's picture with Jenny but missed it by a couple of seconds, resulting in this monstrosity of a screenshot... :ROFLMAO:

cd952.png

Perhaps, Dan was dropping off his new shag at the Limoges Airport when Jen saw them.
I don't care who Dan shags, but I do wonder: are they just each other's booty call or are they planning to actually be together?.🤨:unsure:

cd953.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.