The Chateau Diaries #240 No renovations to show? Start a Travel channel!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @TorontoGWM for naming the thread.

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

Iolair

VIP Member

Friday at 4:09 PM
I'm back! 🥳Albeit on a very limited basis... so much happening in my life, I just can't dedicate all my love and time to beloved fellow Tattlers right now. I will try to contribute as much as able though possums, because I've missed my fellow hags, trolls and haters with a passion. I'm all caught up on the threads I've missed! Huzzah! In my crazy hectic life, you are the reason I'm enjoying so much laughter! You are an inspiration!

❤ If you've missed me like crazy and wish I would never leave again.
😑 If you didn't even notice I wasn't around.
🤔 If you have no idea who I am and couldn't care less.
🥺 If you've blocked me for some silly reason and won't read this message.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, CountessPompidoo, AndAnotherName and 52 others

Luna20

VIP Member

Thursday at 7:50 AM
Thanks Karma for the patreon video!

What is this woman going on about? She is affraid of spending grifted money on her own home. Radiators were supposed to be finished by now. Did she pull an Ian and refuses to pay Nathan for the job, because down the road, they discovered tit, which costs extra?

Annmarie should man up, and set up his workshop away from the shittoo, so he can also work locally for others to keep his sanity.

What a tit flog!

• Heart
Reactions:CountessPompidoo, Demi-sec, Summerbaby and 45 others

thatsrich

Friday at 3:58 AM
Fanny amassed a fortune filming her family, friends, staff, volunteers, fans, guests fellow chateau owners and local artisans and business people because she herself is terribly dull. By her own admission, she would prefer to hide upstairs and read a book or flip through a coffee table book, or watch tv. It seems that most people around her are now asking not to be filmed or allowing themselves to be filmed begrudgingly. Those that agree have motives, are opportunists or are fools.

in my experience, most people value their privacy and once her closest family and friends put their foot down and say No More Pink Camera in my face she is royally Effed.

It took me awhile to understand why she stoped making things….those early days she talked about curtains, costumes and other DIY projects, but then I started to see the extent of her laziness. Her fans haven’t clued in, which is crazy, which is why they still send her fabric, as if she will suddenly find the time or inclination to whip up a little costume or finally make the hundreds of pillowcases, napkins, dresses, etc she has been promising.

fans…please wise up..Fanny is not in lockdown, she is not poor, she is not alone, she does not need, and dare I say, does not want your swatches of fabric, grammys old cracked China, or cheap chocolate. Mummy Isabelle is also fine, with her 2-3 houses, luxury cars, and wealthy husband.

Fanny does want expensive things…designer dresses, expensive jewelry, plus perks so if you‘re connected in some way to travel or hotels. She wants to party with her wealthy friends and other chateau owners, especially if she can get something from them.

watch the date…gift grab until end of 2023…but mark my words, I think more will end …I predict that the CDs will also end or rather mutate into the full-time travel vlog. Fanny does not want to talk about her crumbling farmhouse anymore, or be held to account. it’s so obvious. Even updates to patrons are slim on details. Still no mention of the GS or church or lake.

She is going to milk every last dollar out of her patrons and then tell everyone some lies to convince them to fund her new passions.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions:You, mrsp67, Hercule P and 41 others

T Rex

VIP Member

Saturday at 3:36 AM
Lochness Monster said:
Bill and Vivienne had a lucky escape. Two messages from Selmar, the last from Bill.

I cannot imagine what the’ lots of work that Tatyana did’ was….. She was not exactly productive in any of the vlogs we watched unless playing with rabbits is work…..
Her house is not up for sale yet. Is she waiting for her 183 days to return to France. Selmar should have bought a bigger camper as I think they will both end up as travelling dancer and fantasy elf.
Oh man, where to even begin with this one? I should hope @Selmar did not mean to put Bill and Viv on blast, as there is a language barrier there. (As was seen on an earlier video when Selmar cut down the hedges that Bill did not want him to.) Bill and Viv showed him great kindness, and let him stay for free in exchange for helping them. But, I do not think it was their intention to let him stay indefinitely, as it is not fiscally prudent to keep the chateau heated when they are not there (they spend about 6 months a year away from the chateau).

No one told Selmar to sell his camper van- I suspect he was under the understanding he could stay in a caretaker role when they were gone, but it may have gotten lost in translation that he could not. (Although, the whole thing was confusing with Selmar moving the wardrobes to the attic.) It could very well be that Bill and Viv's children stepped in, or they are being more financially attentive with everything that is happening with the world market, or they did not want the drama associated with "Natti-gate", or they did not feel he could perform the required work with his injuries- the only people who know the truth are Bill, Viv, and Selmar. But, one cannot expect to hop from chateau to chateau that someone else owns and expect to make it one's own.

I am uncertain as to Selmar's chateau obsession- or Tatyana's. Why must it be a chateau? Why must it be in France? If they are truly in love, and Taty remains hell-bent on selling her UK house (which Selmar's efforts would have better been served at helping her to repair for sale than faffing about in France while she does this alone), why not use the proceeds from selling her UK house to buy a little farmhouse in France, and from there, they can establish themselves and work their way up?

@Selmar (because I know you still read here), hard truth: why Tatyana and you failed with gaining the GoFundMe for that chateau was because neither of you really established yourselves as your OWN brand (you clung on to the CLL name), put out very little content to market yourselves (and the audio of the few videos was awful), and most importantly, did not produces a solid (or any) business plan. A LOT goes into owning a successful business- it's not just the dream of tango and renn faires and a chateau- there is harsh reality called bills (taxes, electric, gas, water, insurance, maintenance- and updating plumbing, electrics, the roof, and surprise issues), establishing relationships with vendors and the community, and marketing- it's a LOT different than running an Air BNB. It's hard work, beyond a 9-5 job, and not at all as Fanny portrays. I am not saying this to be unkind, but it is unrealistic. It's fine to have dreams, but don't be angry when they don't come to fruition and blame others when they are not given. Make your own happiness.

• Heart
Reactions:Iolair, Shari Holloway, Looking-Glass Madness and 40 others

Le Baiseur

VIP Member

Thursday at 10:02 PM
Imperious Me said:
omg Never tell Selmar anything you want kept private... View attachment 2163680
Selmar, I'm sure their finances are fine; it was just their polite way of getting you to leave.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, LurkingMeg, ChattyChatelaine and 40 others

Kickintheass

VIP Member

Thursday at 9:43 AM
Thank you @Karma baby! For the Patreon vlog. It appears other than the hot water tanks in Amurys new 'stable' workshop there is nothing done by Nathan.
Amury seems to have acquired a platform ladder and has already been battoning the ceiling for some (insulated) plasterboard.
Oh the irony. The tax story, the much better meal and having three gardeners but buying flowers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:ChattyChatelaine, Demi-sec, Alice Strictknickers and 40 others

I guess with thread number 240 we're saying goodbye to Clara and the end of an era, but remember we have a wiki for all the good intel she gave us up until now.
Happy Tattling

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Could not answer before the thread was closed @Seeingitasitis

" Nobody asked by Clara has not only been rumbled and hacked, she has been silenced. She admitted to causing criminal damage in the chateau (writing on the wallpaper), and has made statements her in writing that would mean at the very least, she would receive a solicitor's letter of such wording that would cause Caligula to blench. Potty and Phi Phi have won. Clara has lost. Pure and simple. We must not engage or be derailed."

Writing on wallpaper, hah, I snorted my coffee! Off with her head!
And don't worry, I won't reveal now I've secretly been Snorts this entire time.
Again, what you're describing is TV law, not how the actual legal machine works, that is if the Shitoo could even be bothered with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Clara’s account has not been hacked, Clara has not been kidnapped or tortured. The same person that has always used that account continues to do so. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it’s a duck.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Clara’s account has not been hacked, Clara has not been kidnapped or tortured. The same person that has always used that account continues to do so. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it’s a duck.
Exxxactly.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thanks for the new Thread guys! Kuddos as always!
@Jeeves I think that perhaps putting out videos with the subject being the dump and its inhabitants has the potential to be more damaging. One has to discover Tattle and read here whereas YouTube suggests videos to a more far reaching audience. The damage could also be that they become curious and end up on Tattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Straight up hacking is not as easy as people make it seems. Scamming and phishing are easier and more efficient, but also highly illegal.
I wonder what the IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) would show us for Clara's posts if we were to have access to them. The powers that be behind Tattle definitely have access to those. Websites like Lolcow would straight up post them if they caught anyone self-posting.

Reactions: 13
I hate to say I told you so… but I did and I will 🤓

“You” as in everyone… not @Jules100

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Quack

1684163247629.png

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Always the voice of reason

• Heart
Here's my theory.
Fanny has dissociative identity disorder with many alters, some of which have an online presence in some of the various chateauverse forums (Caroline Gooder, Beckynator, etc.) Clara is the alter with a conscience and wants all of the grifting shenanigans to stop. Sadly, Clara has been suppressed and another alter is posting under her profile.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
We all know someone who walks like a duck, when wearing high heels. Or am I totally wrong??

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Here's my theory.
Fanny has dissociative identity disorder with many alters, some of which have an online presence in some of the various chateauverse forums (Caroline Gooder, Beckynator, etc.) Clara is the alter with a conscience and wants all of the grifting shenanigans to stop. Sadly, Clara has been suppressed and another alter is posting under her profile.
Ooooh! I like this one! Sounds like a Sidney Sheldon book 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Here's my theory.
I like your reasoning!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Look what's coming next week. This is a extra special new series of Chateau DIY. Each week will be a one hour long special featuring one of the Chateaux owners each week. Why is Fanny on this, let alone Episode 1? :sick: Former opera singer, lovingly restoring the chateau??? :sick::sick::sick: Who thinks Fanny got out of her 100 Stars housecoat and got dressed for filming???

Episode 1: Chateau DIY: Living the Dream
Summary
A look back at memorable moments from the series following British families renovating chateaux in France. The first episode focuses on former opera singer Stephanie Jarvis, who has lived in Chateau de Lalande since 2005. Since then, she, along with family and friends, has been lovingly restoring the chateau, taking inspiration from her late father's artwork
Mon 22 May 8pm - 9pm on Ch4.

Episode 2 will be Ben & Billie of Chateau La Grande Maison
---
Is Clara Burnett in Hong Kong???

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Derail from ducks. The peacocks. Its bugging me. She was di excited that Hansel was preening and showing off for the pea hens.....his sisters and Mother....he wants to f them
.wait til Thor rips him apart will it be funny then??? Thor wants his daughters all to himself that's ghd way birds work. At least Chickens do. Am I wrong?

• Sick
  • Sad
Here's my theory.
All I can say is…😆

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Look what's coming next week. This is a extra special new series of Chateau DIY. Each week will be a one hour long special featuring one of the Chateaux owners each week. Why is Fanny on this, let alone Episode 1? :sick: Former opera singer, lovingly restoring the chateau??? :sick::sick::sick: Who thinks Fanny got out of her 100 Stars housecoat and got dressed for filming???

Episode 1: Chateau DIY: Living the Dream
Summary
A look back at memorable moments from the series following British families renovating chateaux in France. The first episode focuses on former opera singer Stephanie Jarvis, who has lived in Chateau de Lalande since 2005. Since then, she, along with family and friends, has been lovingly restoring the chateau, taking inspiration from her late father's artwork
Mon 22 May 8pm - 9pm on Ch4.

Episode 2 will be Ben & Billie of Chateau La Grande Maison
---

Is Clara Burnett in Hong Kong???
Sounds like a rehash of old programmes. If C4 had been at lala we'd have been told, as she has already told us they have two small projects set aside for next filming. It's just C4 trying to keep viewers interested which SJ will be happy with as even old reruns on More4 etc drives more to look for her on YouTube.

• Sad
So many theories. So much head scratching. We've been bamboozled! I say we carry on as we were. We have no need for Clara or other monkeys, Tattlers! Clara created the drama intended, and has enjoyed the attention for years now. It's time to move on. Forward Ho, hags, trolls, haters, and menopausal-middle people! 🏇🎺

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.