The Chateau Diaries #201 Titties on a tree and poop in the nativity… so lie lande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @mrsp67 for naming the thread and @Karma baby! for nominating it.
Let's continue the fun!

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread

Clara Burnett

VIP Member

Sunday at 8:15 AM
I'm pretty familiar with Stephanie Jarvis views on 'local communities' and I can vouch for the fact that she has none whatsoever, other than using them to make herself look bigger and better. She just had to mention giving a donation to the local association (money that wasn't hers to begin with, but that never stops her from making it look that way), an association that was meant to revive the local restaurant but apparently still hasn't achieved that, but who cares, right?. And now she wants to make yet another donation? Because she finds it so important to support the local community? Wasn't she begging for support herself because her crumbling HMN is falling apart? What is it? Either you are poor and need to rely on the donations of others or you manage to take care of your own tit and might be able to support others. But not Stephanie Jarvis. She can be both: beg for money and then play generous with the stuff she received. Wonder woman, right? Only when she feels like it though. And obviously only when by doing so she secures more donations coming her way.

Her flog of the Christmas market also makes it rather clear nobody in her local community actually knows her or knows of her. They really can't be bothered by her. I found this out myself when I did a rather extended survey earlier this year, asking around in shops etc. If you go to neighboring towns and communities and mention her name or the name of her CHMN, people just stare at you.

Last edited: Sunday at 8:22 AM
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions:You, JumpingJacks, Petit Sange and 59 others

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member

Sunday at 8:05 PM
I'm sitting in hospital room waiting to go to theatre. See you all on the other side. Think good healthy thoughts for me!

• Heart
Reactions:You, CountessPompidoo, Plant Person 🪴 and 54 others

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member

Monday at 9:50 PM
My surgery went good and I feel much better to day and have been walking up and down the hallway. Hopefully can leave this afternoon. Have to sit for an hour now for an iron infusion through a drip. Hubby will be back to see me soon so all is well in Sparrows world. (Haven't farted get though the nurses keep on asking!)

• Heart
Reactions:You, Ginginger, T Rex and 53 others

💗💗💗

Clara Burnett

VIP Member

Yesterday at 2:05 PM
Lucky enough to just grab this comment on last Sunday's offering before Philip Janssen could press delete:

Attachments
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, RWChatter, Petit Sange and 51 others

Oh Rosemary... where are you? 🤭

Jules100

VIP Member

Sunday at 8:35 PM
@Geordieboy71
8E400124-1C06-4A4E-9B82-84C08E2FC13B.jpeg

@Gertrude Maud
D5A3C9F7-452F-42DE-83C0-FE082DCA66FA.jpeg

@arwensgal1975
CDE89A14-DE1E-49F7-8FA7-91D3B3D5D08C.jpeg

@fickle.cauliflower
D7F6EA46-69B5-449A-BC24-AE4FDF29A69A.jpeg

@LadyPutefica
8CD3C775-A63E-444B-9E6C-7CE449B64211.jpeg

87A719EC-B19C-42D3-A7D7-3E951F7BA3C5.jpeg

@LurkingMeg
E9E0B02F-5A2A-4C03-9F7B-920E809DE647.jpeg

@newengland
075F8526-A932-4C53-9541-18A21BDE1980.jpeg

@DEEPblue82
B1A7D5B7-E89F-4718-98A3-3CD47E04A2AC.jpeg

@C's Asp
43AB3A25-3FB0-426F-AFFA-B9886451B419.jpeg

@ScooterMaGoo
13E8D07D-1486-45EA-BFFB-0A1417F65264.jpeg

@New Yorker
CFE7CD3F-8A66-4BCE-B0BD-364B441DD707.jpeg

@Ebb & Flow
2233632E-3FB3-4620-8116-D397F34BAD46.jpeg

I have made around 200 bootleg Spode Steve/Daddy tiles for us nasty menopausal troll witches since July 2022. I thought this would be my last batch, but I have one more after this. I have tried to make one for each of us. It is hard because so many people come & go here, but I’m doing my best. If you haven’t seen yours, try searching your name by me in the tattle search bar. If you still don’t see it, it’s coming in my final batch. If you’re still unsure, please just ask me. Almost done and I mean it this time.❤

• Heart
Reactions:You, CountessPompidoo, Plant Person 🪴 and 51 others

Love your art @Jules100

Wiki and Happy Tattling.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The Smug's could always get onto their bosom chum Fanny and ask to sell some in Pube's Pavilion gift shop. Fanny could use those boxes that will last a lifetime to hold up her sagging beams in the big tv room.

sN0ZqFkdBos80Hzc71b4x0HE=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Janet Pitcher
3 minutes ago
I am using night lights to heat my room because I cannot afford to turn on the heating. You are very out of touch with what people can afford.

Griftfinder General
1 minute ago
€110 for a candle is an outrageous price for a candle, especially one that can't be smelled beforehand. You've misjudged your audience and the current economic climate. Maybe at about €50 but even that's pushing it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Goodness that last one went fast! And the Smuglies truly have put their foot in it. I wonder how long the critical comments will stay up and if they’ll reply?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Thank you @ComtesseRose for the new thread 🥰

The Smug's could always get onto their bosom chum Fanny and ask to sell some in Pube's Pavilion gift shop. Fanny could use those boxes that will last a lifetime to hold up her sagging beams in the big tv room.

View attachment 1807995
Janet Pitcher
3 minutes ago
I am using night lights to heat my room because I cannot afford to turn on the heating. You are very out of touch with what people can afford.

Griftfinder General
1 minute ago
€110 for a candle is an outrageous price for a candle, especially one that can't be smelled beforehand. You've misjudged your audience and the current economic climate. Maybe at about €50 but even that's pushing it.
Yup.. these 2 comments sum up everything that needs to be said.
Very bad business decision, even worse timing...

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Goodness that last one went fast! And the Smuglies truly have put their foot in it. I wonder how long the critical comments will stay up and if they’ll reply?
There's way too many to delete it is a tsunami. I hope they haven't been idiots and invested a tonne of money. I also hope this isn't Patreon money. Not only has it seemingly flopped a lot of people seem affronted-they like to think they are high end but a lot of their viewers are probably watching in in a dream like haze and could never aspire to their lifestyle, instead of remembering how skint they were and how viewers helped them they have become big headed wankers. Humbling when you see that lady say she is heating her room with tea lights-I hope they feel ashamed. I imagine though the Smug's will be sneering at these people who pay for their lifestyle.

• Heart
The worst part is that they are going around liking all the comments praising them, and completely ignoring the critical ones...

Very very bad business decision... Our clients would receive a hard slap on the wrist if they acted like this with their audience!... Correction, we wouldn't let them do this launch, at this time in the first place!.. maybe at half this price and earlier, like early November to target Christmas Shoppers...

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 14.25.47.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
If the moon landing didn't happen was Stephanie Jarvis at Disneyland...?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Amaya Strata
2 minutes ago
I understand the price given that you went to Grasse as well. However, I cannot justify the cost even though I can afford it. I donated the cost of one candle to a community centre in the north of England because they’re struggling to pay for heat and food within the community there. Very sorry. I’m sure you will find success in selling these though.

The worst part is that they are going around liking all the comment praising them, and completely ignoring the critical ones...

Very very bad business decision... Our clients would receive a hard slap on the wrist if they acted like this with their audience!... Correction, we wouldn't let them to do this launch, at this time in the first place!.. maybe at half this price and earlier, like early November to target Christmas Shoppers...

View attachment 1808020
Showing their arrogance again. They are not a brand, they have no other route to market and they pitched the wrong product, at the wrong price point. If they are only aiming at the niche market of the Chateauverse oh dear. The logo is ill conceived and poorly designed. All in all an own goal. They are not business people, they don't know about retail, or building a brand.

If the moon landing didn't happen was Stephanie Jarvis at Disneyland...?

View attachment 1808018
Brilliant would love to see one on the Smug's too

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Showing their arrogance again. They are not a brand, they have no other route to market and they pitched the wrong product, at the wrong price point. If they are only aiming at the niche market of the Chateauverse oh dear. The logo is ill conceived and poorly designed. All in all an own goal. They are not business people, they don't know about retail, or building a brand.
Don't get me wrong, the product looks very nice and I actually like the logo. It's just so painfully inappropriate...

Here is the thing, most of the YouTuber merch I have ever seen is somewhat overpriced. Because they know their "fans" will buy them. A hoodie for $50 or a hat for $40... But the difference is most of the YouTubers who do merch release, also do their research.
To me it seems like these 2 wanted a merch, and wanted it to be "posh".... audience be damned!

But then again, if MPK can sell a photocopy of his painting for 36 Euros, maybe there are enough people to pay 110 Euros for their mystery scented candles...
I gave myself vertigo going round and round this argument! 😵 I'm done now 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Don't get me wrong, the product looks very nice and I actually like the logo. It's just so painfully inappropriate...

Here is the thing, most of the YouTuber merch I have ever seen is somewhat overpriced. Because they know their "fans" will buy them. A hoodie for $50 or a hat for $40... But the difference is most of the YouTubers who do merch release, also do their research.
To me it seems like these 2 wanted a merch, and wanted it to be "posh".... audience be damned!

But then again, if MPK can sell a photocopy of his painting for 36 Euros, maybe there are enough people to pay 110 Euros for their mystery scented candles...
The logo looks ok but it doesn't act as a logo because it is illegible and I wouldn't be able to tell you the name of the scent. Launching a brand needs to really go beyond their niche YouTube following to make it sustainable this is very ill conceived.

The logo looks ok but it doesn't act as a logo because it is illegible and I wouldn't be able to tell you the name of the scent. Launching a brand needs to really go beyond their niche YouTube following to make it sustainable this is very ill conceived.
Michael's prints I think represent better value-they take little financial investment. Anna could have done wallpapers with a small firm that would have entered her to a new audience and also had some value to her followers. Wrong product, wrong time, no plan. I like the packaging and the candle too by the way but not the logo

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Perhaps F4F went to Disneyworld to inquire if they had a room for her at Cinderella’s castle when the Dump caves in,

• Haha
AND SO THOSE BAD COMMENTS ARE COMING IN THICK AND FAST:

Laura Robertson
2 minutes ago
I love how this vlog captures the true spirit of Christmastime. Holy Grift! The price of these lovely candles is fine....in line with today's greedy, unnecessary corporate inflation! We discovered your excellent channel and Phillip"s admirable sense of humour via other chateaux channels but have become increasingly disillusioned with the abuse of Patreon by other vloggers;a good portion of this money ought to be donated to those in need of food,shelter or fuel. despite my critical words I do wish you all a very Happy Christmas and good health always.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I expect The Smugs will blame nasty trolls for their negative comments rather than accepting the fact they are trying to sell a incredibly expensive luxury item during a time of unprecedented austerity.
They’ve shown their true hand this time, they tried to back peddle about the Tesla / boat but it’s pretty obvious where they’ve set their standards and the dizzy heights they think they have climbed. Influencers? Nope, just snobs!
The higher one climbs the harder one falls and unfortunately they’ve just pulled the ladder out from underneath themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm jumping, sorry... Is the candle paraffin wax? Soy? Bees wax? Says 'vegan' whatever the heck that is...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’ve only managed to find two replies and they were to more or less positive comments. And then there’s Poppy Rex. Must be their own private Gooder.

8285CDE7-8305-4341-A1A6-F18F4365F11B.jpeg
A379FC4B-A9EC-4615-9221-CCB84092404F.jpeg
03236FBA-A367-4A87-98CA-2CABADB30212.jpeg
F62007FB-4DC4-4EE2-9A80-EA737E2D953B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

View attachment 1807995
Janet Pitcher
3 minutes ago

Griftfinder General
1 minute ago
Fou
- Four Candles?… There you are, four candles.
- No, four candles!
- Well, there you are, four candles!
- No, fork 'andles! 'Andles for forks!

Four Candles.
- Four Candles?… There you are, four candles.
- No, four candles!
- Well, there you are, four candles!
- No, fork 'andles! 'Andles for forks!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I think the 36 Euro for prints is somewhat OK. If one likes his style, one can hang it on the wall and has something pleasant to look at for years. Much better price than the photographs of the other Michael.

But a candle for 110 Euro? How long will it last? Hours? Days at most!

How much did the elegantly living Nicolas sell his candles for?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.