The Chateau Diaries #192 LieLande, where there are more peahens than people and they'll đź’© on you equally

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i watched Selmars vlog...i was a bit harsh about his toiletpaper.. ;) it was a nice vlog...a young cat is always great fun..i do wonder if its very nice when you are approching 80 like Bill is?? and doing all that work...:rolleyes:that haloweenpart was a bit weird.but have to say local parties always are....but..he got a ride back home...i guess that area of france is more friendly than Chateroux...The jewel of Hawaii didnt even get a taxi... :eek: .the area is beautifull and i am so glad he has his mothers dog Jose and Diesel still around..it made a pretty picture..i for sure wish him the best..

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I just watch Jewlyne’s stories, poor girl. She seems to have a very good heart, and was completely let down by the reality that is lielande. Also enjoyed the comments, possibly by one of the famous fifteen
She was naive I mean poor kid travelled to three towns to 3 Emmaus seriously so much history and beauty to experience in France and she spends it tracking down charity shops. It is a shame

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I hate to burst your bubble but €800 is probably the cost of a tank of fuel the way prices are going.
If petrol costs 2 euro a litre which it doesn't yet. Just looked up price in France and is about 1.65 euro. And if car tanks were 100 litre which they are not, usually 35 to 65.
Then 2 x 100 = 200 euro so no where near 800 euro

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Merci, as always, @ComtesseRose for the new thread. And thanks to @graciemckitten and @Hemerocallis for the title.

Does anyone else get the feeling that things are beginning to happen at the tit'o but everything stays the same! Some big time damage control perhaps.

I think the shout out to Hanni as a patron at the end of the Halloween flog was an effort to get her back on board. She was a high level patron and provided generous amounts of real Champagne. Weird as Wednesday, imho, but seemed to be much liked by the viewers. Hmm, circling the wagons?
Hanni isn't a patron any more?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I feel for this poor woman. She bought into a dream (however misguided that might be) and was delivered a giant turd. Having said that, I was struck by a number of things:
- For someone who claims to be such an experienced world traveler, it doesn't appear that she did a lot of reality-based research. She seems to have relied on her "feeling" that there is always an Uber or taxi option available. That makes me think that her world travels may be limited to reasonably well-populated and accessible places, or package travel options in which transfers and all transportation are all included.
- She also seems utterly surprised (and not pleased at all) that many people she encountered in France didn't speak French. "He didn't speak any English" or "With what little English he had" were common themes of her story. Never ceases to amaze me that many Americans assume that is everyone else's responsibility to speak English, and that they themselves bear no responsibility for being able to communicate the basics.
- Not aware of the gas crisis in France? Do you not read the news?
- Turns out there was a rental car desk at the train station. How would you not have researched that before heading out on a journey for which you were so ill-prepared?

Poor planning and unrealistic expectations usually make for this kind of disaster. But I do not excuse the crappy treatment she received at the dump.
She says she has been traveling for 14 years and this is "the first time I had to rent a car" , ok I get that those of us who have rented cars do research if there is car pick up at the airport or train station and/or will the car company provide transport to get the car or bring it to you. So she never did this before and didn't know to ask...800.00 fee for not filling the car with gas? that seems strange must be more to it. I had such a hard time watching her as she kept repeating herself for 40 minutes. already already it's like getting pecked to death by a duck.... she just seemed not very street smart, did not contact Natti to come get her? had no way to contact the B and B ? and that missing video off her camera/phone ????

If petrol costs 2 euro a litre which it doesn't yet. Just looked up price in France and is about 1.65 euro. And if car tanks were 100 litre which they are not, usually 35 to 65.
she was only there 4 days I believe so a day to get there a day to shop and one night to dinner and back to the train how far is the Shitoo from the town? 800 euros certainly doesn't make sense

Reactions: 30
She says she has been traveling for 14 years and this is "the first time I had to rent a car" , ok I get that those of us who have rented cars do research if there is car pick up at the airport or train station and/or will the car company provide transport to get the car or bring it to you. So she never did this before and didn't know to ask...800.00 fee for not filling the car with gas? that seems strange must be more to it. I had such a hard time watching her as she kept repeating herself for 40 minutes. already already it's like getting pecked to death by a duck.... she just seemed not very street smart, did not contact Natti to come get her? had no way to contact the B and B ? and that missing video off her camera/phone ????
Yes going to France and travelling round 3 towns just to go to Emmaus- seriously very naive and clearly the lady protests too much she is a super fan

Reactions: 23
when you have watched Fannies vlogs, for a long time, with an eagle eye, and not with pink glasses on.....she would have known that that whole trip and that heap had to be a very expensive dissapointment.. 🙄
What's the bet Fanny and Snorts will do an entire vlog on wrapping all the gifts this gril sent and showing us the recipients... Selmar, Tatti, Dan.... and a trip to the post office because it's "so important our friends get their gifts"!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Car rental companies often charge way over the norm but 800euro seems extreme.

Reactions: 15
Interesting reading...https://www.french-property.com/guides/france/business/micro-entrepreneur/chambre-d-hotel
Anybody wonder if Lielande is in compliance?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
dear Selmar...maybe you could put your head down the loo...and flush......no toiletpaper needed... :eek:

like i said she could have known...i guess another member of the Fanny flash cult cured...🙄 there are ltts off better places in rural France where she would be recieved as a queen...but she wanted to meet the highpriestess of grifting herself...:LOL: well that lit ended up down her nose..big time...

and her precious selected gifts worth 700 dollars.. well my dear..if you ever watched the gagshow...you would know...they all jump on them like a goat on a oatbox...the old cow and Fanny fighting for the best pieces...was there a card inside??? no we couldnt find a card...how sad...

Note to Selmar

Men in grungy singlets are most unappealing.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18

she was only there 4 days I believe so a day to get there a day to shop and one night to dinner and back to the train how far is the Shitoo from the town? 800 euros certainly doesn't make sense
maybe they had to clean the car....because all those cute peacocks had tit her vehicle from top to bottom..and scratched it... :eek:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I just saw this letter posted from Stephanie

Dearest Jewelyn,
I am so sorry that I missed your visit, and I was appalled and shocked at the trouble you had getting your rental car. I was wrong at not telling you that I would be away, I realize people come to see me, and I was wrong. In the future I will have Nasti um Natti, block out the days I will be away, there is a lot of them, but it is not fair to people that are coming to see me if I am not here, then we shouldn't let them come. We will just shut down the B and B when I am not here. I will also enlist Phillip to come pick up any person or persons who are coming in the future, as I know it is difficult and costly to get here. Phillip has nothing to do anyway, it will be good to have a moments peace from him. He can also stop at Mc Donalds and get his five special order plain hamburgers, as you know he's "allergic" to everything. Please accept my rudeness and my apology for the awful trip you had and please come back, I will upgrade your room , and of course Phillip will come get you, and your group dinner will also be upgraded.
With Love, life and laughter
Yours,
Stephanie

PS can you please take down the all the vlogs from your visit here, as you will be able to make newer more happy ones in the future. BTW here's my private number please call me 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Do we even know she contacted them? if she did they would have told her that there was an actual person at the train station, seems she kept using google maps to get to the rental place...I bet if she would have called them , they would have come to get her. It seems she had no patience to wait for a bus and even said "I think I missed the bus I was to take" poor planning on her part

maybe they had to clean the car....because all those cute peacocks had tit her vehicle from top to bottom..and scratched it... :eek:
that is a parfect explanation

Reactions: 15
This should be compulsive viewing for ANYONE even remotely thinking of visiting HMN. This vlog 4 shows Jewelyn being far more normal than he Lalande cute, beautiful earlier vlogs. Poor woman, don't quite know what happened with car rental but a nightmare. Steph and Natti and NO communication that Steph would not be there and her finding out from Egypt vlog on Sunday begore travel disgraceful. 50 euro for "event" of meal. should be refunded and the rest of her booking. She describes Emmaus as Tat, gift grab filling chateau with tat or treasures. Upset about her gifts not going to the corret people. She should definitely join Tattle.
I think her reading some of the comments on her earlier videos made the reality of the F4F smoke and mirrors grifting/ scripted love and light crap, and that F4F doesn’t give a tit about anyone but money and herself sink in. IMHO, she was then able to be more forthcoming about her true experiences and treatment that didn’t fit the LieLande love and light narrative.

The Shittelaine passes out life lessons to everyone she encounters, in person and on video. Every person who meets her ends up with a more jaded view of humanity. It’s okay, Jewelyn, you aren’t the only one taken on by Fanny and company. It’s a hard life lesson but Fanny likes to think of it as her gift to you, which cost her nothing to give.

Do we even know she contacted them? if she did they would have told her that there was an actual person at the train station, seems she kept using google maps to get to the rental place...I bet if she would have called them , they would have come to get her. It seems she had no patience to wait for a bus and even said "I think I missed the bus I was to take" poor planning on her part

that is a parfect explanation
Remember Ñutty doesn’t answer the phone or texts. Jewelyn would hav3 been waiting for days.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.