The Chateau Diaries #192 LieLande, where there are more peahens than people and they'll đŸ’© on you equally

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh
I’m sorry, but I just can’t stand watching Chip and Joanna Gaines anymore. Chip comes across like an idiot, and Joanna seems like she’s gotten too big for her britches
I also think they’re homophobic. It recently came out they gave money to a questionable “charity” or cause with racist connections and ideas. But, I agree, their “castle” in Waco, Texas will be done and look nicer than La La Lande
because the Gaines have acquired a lot of real money to make it happen. Joanna Gaines may be a lot of things, but she’s not stupid. Although I think she’s just as calculating and manipulative as Fanny.
Sorry, I know Chip is annoying, but I hadn’t heard they were homophobic or I wouldn’t have suggested it. At least there’s no shiplap in sight at their Texas castle reno.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
This should be compulsive viewing for ANYONE even remotely thinking of visiting HMN. This vlog 4 shows Jewelyn being far more normal than he Lalande cute, beautiful earlier vlogs. Poor woman, don't quite know what happened with car rental but a nightmare. Steph and Natti and NO communication that Steph would not be there and her finding out from Egypt vlog on Sunday begore travel disgraceful. 50 euro for "event" of meal. should be refunded and the rest of her booking. She describes Emmaus as Tat, gift grab filling chateau with tat or treasures. Upset about her gifts not going to the corret people. She should definitely join Tattle.
I feel absolutely terrible for herâ˜čWhat a RIP OFF

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Ugh
I’m sorry, but I just can’t stand watching Chip and Joanna Gaines anymore. Chip comes across like an idiot, and Joanna seems like she’s gotten too big for her britches
I also think they’re homophobic. It recently came out they gave money to a questionable “charity” or cause with racist connections and ideas. But, I agree, their “castle” in Waco, Texas will be done and look nicer than La La Lande
because the Gaines have acquired a lot of real money to make it happen. Joanna Gaines may be a lot of things, but she’s not stupid. Although I think she’s just as calculating and manipulative as Fanny.
Chip and Joanna are members of a horrible anti-gay church. They have defended their own homophobia as free speech and defence of religious freedom. I hate them and hope the Magnolia network gets cancelled. They are vicious bigots.

Sorry, I know Chip is annoying, but I hadn’t heard they were homophobic or I wouldn’t have suggested it. At least there’s no shiplap in sight at their Texas castle reno.
I live in Austin - the pastor of their church (they give this church lots of money) is one of the most hateful homophobes in Texas. He promotes "love the sinner and hate the sin" bullshit as a cover but he really believes gays should be killed as the Bible commands.

I had a personal run in with Chip and Joanna when they were starting up and I confronted them about their hatred of gays. What I posted is what they told me.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
when you have watched Fannies vlogs, for a long time, with an eagle eye, and not with pink glasses on.....she would have known that that whole trip and that heap had to be a very expensive dissapointment.. 🙄
Pink glasses.
I blame "Pink Glasses" for everything.
It's easier that way. You don't have to think, read and research further. You sit down, look, believe and your life is beautiful.

Reactions: 18
It's their fault, the place is located in a remote area & they fail to tell their guests the difficulties & extra costs of getting there. They should inform guests (on their website) of where & how to get rental cars from the airport or train station. Some companies give their visitors details of how to get to their location using various options of transport to prevent them getting lost or stranded.

The guests should be informed that the owners might be absent at group dinners because the group dinner is sold separately as an event. Their vlog is an advertisement for the B&B business & they show SJ in all the group dinners so people that pay for that event will expect her to be there or assume she would be there.

The B&B is falsely advertised on the vlogs, they are not as friendly as they appear, they are not as keen to be filmed, they only do it for the gifts & money. They like the distant fan relationship unless you're a high tier patron (minus Dubey) or volunteer.

Jewelyn spent so much money, time & effort only to get there & live in an empty building (with no room keys) talking to the animals & plants. Then some of her files got deleted maybe by mistake or by someone who wasn't keen to be in her videos, even SJ looks reluctant to be in videos when her chateau friends are filming.

I like the way she told her story, she wasn't too harsh but got her message across because SJ & her chateau ytube group like to take down any review or ytube channel that gives any feedback they don't like. They like to control the narrative, all their reviews & comments are good or very good everything else gets deleted. If Jewelyn had put this same review in writing on websites like trip advisor, it would have been deleted (like the other one) because they want everyone to believe what is eeen in the vlogs.

Jewelyn if you're here, these are the links of discussions about 2 other guests who experienced a similar treatment. One is still a CLL supporter & patron.
https://tattle.life/goto/post?id=9998804
https://tattle.life/goto/post?id=10003051

• Heart
Reactions: 44
What happened to that Tartlet who was offering services to help mount legal action against Dame Fanny Four Flues - another fantasist?

Reactions: 16
Was that ‘ Tanni’ at the halloween ‘ event’??? The woman with the questionable song she wrote about the ‘Lalanders’ . Sounded mad and recorded in the ‘ chapel’ on her last visit. Also the big room would have been a room not a demolition site unlike her previous visit. Does she not wonder what is happening and see the light? Or are these crazies just enraptured and in love with Stephanie?
Also is it not a bnb rule that the host has to be at the group dinners?
As for the costs. Absolute rip off for what they get. It’s the bare minimum and nothing more. Even those horrible cheap after eight chocolates. Insulting. There is Stephanie burning €200 candles 😡.

And when filming about the fire extinguisher count she says ‘ from my bedroom doorway’ . I thought she had those walls knocked down . I can imagine the fire officer seeing bare floors , trailing wires and general state of disrepair and thinking yes more and more extinguishers necessary!

Will there be a bonfire and fireworks s next weeks vlog. Then only two more before she can do advent and off she goes.
Where is the grand salon footage Stephanie!?

And Selmars latestđŸ«ŁđŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I feel for this poor woman. She bought into a dream (however misguided that might be) and was delivered a giant turd. Having said that, I was struck by a number of things:
- For someone who claims to be such an experienced world traveler, it doesn't appear that she did a lot of reality-based research. She seems to have relied on her "feeling" that there is always an Uber or taxi option available. That makes me think that her world travels may be limited to reasonably well-populated and accessible places, or package travel options in which transfers and all transportation are all included.
- She also seems utterly surprised (and not pleased at all) that many people she encountered in France didn't speak French. "He didn't speak any English" or "With what little English he had" were common themes of her story. Never ceases to amaze me that many Americans assume that is everyone else's responsibility to speak English, and that they themselves bear no responsibility for being able to communicate the basics.
- Not aware of the gas crisis in France? Do you not read the news?
- Turns out there was a rental car desk at the train station. How would you not have researched that before heading out on a journey for which you were so ill-prepared?

Poor planning and unrealistic expectations usually make for this kind of disaster. But I do not excuse the crappy treatment she received at the dump.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Was that ‘ Tanni’ at the halloween ‘ event’??? The woman with the questionable song she wrote about the ‘Lalanders’ . Sounded mad and recorded in the ‘ chapel’ on her last visit. Also the big room would have been a room not a demolition site unlike her previous visit. Does she not wonder what is happening and see the light? Or are these crazies just enraptured and in love with Stephanie?
Also is it not a bnb rule that the host has to be at the group dinners?
As for the costs. Absolute rip off for what they get. It’s the bare minimum and nothing more. Even those horrible cheap after eight chocolates. Insulting. There is Stephanie burning €200 candles 😡.

And when filming about the fire extinguisher count she says ‘ from my bedroom doorway’ . I thought she had those walls knocked down . I can imagine the fire officer seeing bare floors , trailing wires and general state of disrepair and thinking yes more and more extinguishers necessary!

Will there be a bonfire and fireworks s next weeks vlog. Then only two more before she can do advent and off she goes.
Where is the grand salon footage Stephanie!?

And Selmars latestđŸ«ŁđŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚
dear Selmar...maybe you could put your head down the loo...and flush......no toiletpaper needed... :eek:

I feel for this poor woman. She bought into a dream (however misguided that might be) and was delivered a giant turd. Having said that, I was struck by a number of things:
- For someone who claims to be such an experienced world traveler, it doesn't appear that she did a lot of reality-based research. She seems to have relied on her "feeling" that there is always an Uber or taxi option available. That makes me think that her world travels may be limited to reasonably well-populated and accessible places, or package travel options in which transfers and all transportation are all included.
- She also seems utterly surprised (and not pleased at all) that many people she encountered in France didn't speak French. "He didn't speak any English" or "With what little English he had" were common themes of her story. Never ceases to amaze me that many Americans assume that is everyone else's responsibility to speak English, and that they themselves bear no responsibility for being able to communicate the basics.
- Not aware of the gas crisis in France? Do you not read the news?
- Turns out there was a rental car desk at the train station. How would you not have researched that before heading out on a journey for which you were so ill-prepared?

Poor planning and unrealistic expectations usually make for this kind of disaster. But I do not excuse the crappy treatment she received at the dump.
like i said she could have known...i guess another member of the Fanny flash cult cured...🙄 there are ltts off better places in rural France where she would be recieved as a queen...but she wanted to meet the highpriestess of grifting herself...:LOL: well that lit ended up down her nose..big time...

and her precious selected gifts worth 700 dollars.. well my dear..if you ever watched the gagshow...you would know...they all jump on them like a goat on a oatbox...the old cow and Fanny fighting for the best pieces...was there a card inside??? no we couldnt find a card...how sad...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t want any of you to freak out, but I have 40 chances to win tonight’s $1.6 Billion Powerball drawing. I have a really good feeling about it too.â€đŸ’°

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I can understand Armoire getting animated when other men are around, he's stuck in the middle of the Bush with nearly 100% women!!! So I don't blame him if he enjoys it when another male arrives!!!.
Spot on! I get more fun with my girlfriends too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t want any of you to freak out, but I have 40 chances to win tonight’s $1.6 Billion Powerball drawing. I have a really good feeling about it too.â€đŸ’°
i hope you win Jules..No kidding:love:😘 but iff you win....we all expect you to buy our Tattlechateau.... ;) :LOL: dont worry.. i bring the champagne to celebrate...i guess 15 bottles is enough.... :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
When you win you can crack open your bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. You may even like it by the time you've finished it. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This should be compulsive viewing for ANYONE even remotely thinking of visiting HMN. This vlog 4 shows Jewelyn being far more normal than he Lalande cute, beautiful earlier vlogs. Poor woman, don't quite know what happened with car rental but a nightmare. Steph and Natti and NO communication that Steph would not be there and her finding out from Egypt vlog on Sunday begore travel disgraceful. 50 euro for "event" of meal. should be refunded and the rest of her booking. She describes Emmaus as Tat, gift grab filling chateau with tat or treasures. Upset about her gifts not going to the corret people. She should definitely join Tattle.
She should not have been charged 50 euro for the dinner, especially when she doesn't drink. The 800 charge for not filling the car with petrol seems very unfair too with the petrol shortage. Maybe just the cost of a tank should have been charged in this situation. Disappointment all around, so sad that the highlight was seeing the sheep and peacocks.
You could tell she was very upset about it all, but was still trying to be so polite.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
So Jules............ what part of France are you buying that Chateau when you win???
I know you will have heating put in !! ;):love:

Make sure it has a moat ..... put some of your alligators in there and I will send over some Aussie Crocodiles --- that should keep Fanny, Squirrel and Ollie away.....oh , forgot - Mummy, Percy, Chateau Love --- hell, the bloody lot of them !!! :ROFLMAO:🐊🐊🐊🐊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Fanny will have to create a new Patreon tier just for you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
She should not have been charged 50 euro for the dinner, especially when she doesn't drink. The 800 charge for not filling the car with petrol seems very unfair too with the petrol shortage. Maybe just the cost of a tank should have been charged in this situation. Disappointment all around, so sad that the highlight was seeing the sheep and peacocks.
You could tell she was very upset about it all, but was still trying to be so polite.
I hate to burst your bubble but €800 is probably the cost of a tank of fuel the way prices are going.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.