The Chateau Diaries #186 Dan went from ruin to château while Stephanie went from château to ruin!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Thank you for asking.” Actually, lots of stuff going on! No delays from Ian. Slab foundation poured, concrete block walls up. I bought my bathroom & laundry room tiles today. Existing trusses retrofitted to be tied down to today’s hurricane standards. Stucco guy & a/c guy coming tomorrow. Tie beam, new garage trusses & sheeting the roof in a few days, new metal roof at the end of this month. Picking out new fence and trying to get a quote for the new driveway. Lots & lots of construction dust infiltrating the inside of my house & it’s a nightmare. My house will be nice when it’s done, but living through it is very hard.

*edit: I didn’t mean to post this after @T Rex & @mrsp67’s hurricane updates, just answering @Sparrowsfart question when I came to it. Renovations are fun, hurricane aftermaths are not.❤
It will be fantastic when it is done. Amazing that you can keep your reno going after a major hurricane and Fanny cannot finish anything.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Hello Tartlets and Tartgents! We finally got power back on last Friday night, but have no internet. (I have tethered my Macbook to my iPhone- 3 bars of LTE data right now, but effective to catch up on many pages of Tattle!) This is our first "break" from clean-up and helping the neighbours with theirs. Our insurance inspector visited on Saturday, and upon our request, scheduled a structural engineer to come next week to asses some issues (while our roof- metal- is intact, we noticed some broken joists, cracks in the exterior walls of our great room, and our dock has actually shifted 1 inch- which prevents us from raising our 20K boat lift fully.) We will have to have the ceiling replaced in the great room, a hallway and our garage due to water intrusion from when the soffits blew out, replace 2 windows in the great room along with the soffits for the entire house and the pool cage, and other bits and bobs, along with a house repaint. The inspector was taken aback at how much debris we removed, the cleanliness of our pool and home (which made it far easier for him to see the damage), and our request for a structural engineer vice an immediate monetary payout. Our #1 priority is the roof structure and structure itself- if they are fine, we have put together a priority list, insurance or not, of what needs to be sorted first. Project Management at its finest. If there are issues with the roof's structure or the foundation, those will be addressed first. Fanny could very well learn a lesson or two here. We have good insurance, and are in better nick than most of our neighbours financially, but did have a lot of damage. Things can be replaced, but lives cannot. I haven't had a chance to visit @mrsp67 yet- seriously, I thought today was Sunday today, and hope her home is okay (there was severe flooding where she lives), and the sandwich shop as well (which if it is open, is probably hopping, as it is near the hospital). She probably is in the same state with internet. My entire body is sore, and my tiny arms have new muscles- hurricane cleanup IS a fabulous workout, though! If anything, this whole ordeal consisted of very good lessons learned (house can survive an almost Cat 5 hurricane, soffits were crap, but having a whole house generator than runs on propane, which the propane man can not come out because the gas pumps are out due to electricity, is an issue) and we're going to have to get our electrical panel modified to be able to piggyback a gasoline one as a backup- our powerboat can store 120 gallons, so there's that. We were truly lucky that we did not get a storm surge, and that our sailboat survived (she was supposed to be on the hard this month for a new bottom job and cutlass bearing, but the marina was overbooked. And nearly 80% of those boats at that marina were knocked over like dominoes during the storm...) The one positive of this ordeal is that it brought our neighbours all together. People from all classes and walks of life become one during such a disaster to help one another out. And dammit, if the power didn't just go out!
So sorry to hear about the damage but very happy to hear you are okay. We are still cleaning up in Venice too.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I went back and re-watched the short CD announcement. It was safe because Phillipa didn't feature.
So, arrive late - drama! Leave early -drama. No wonder the Indiana Jones wannabe looked pissed off/relieved that they were going. Imagine trying to organise anything with SJ who has a mind like a butterfly. What exciting event could have happened in the past few days necessitating her early return?
I'm hoping it's just that Phillipa got bitten by a camel or maybe it's got a nasty mosquito bite. Whatever it is can't be too bad, Isabelle was filmed dancing for joy😬
Stephanie came late and left early because she doesn’t care.

I’ve been to Egypt and it was my least favorite place I’ve ever visited
@mrsp67, what happened on your trip?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
*edit: I didn’t mean to post this after @T Rex & @mrsp67’s hurricane updates, just answering @Sparrowsfart question when I came to it. Renovations are fun, hurricane aftermaths are not.❤
I am actually loving your home renovation posts! We evac'ed to my MIL's beach house on North Hutchinson Island (LOL, Mr. T Rex felt compelled to tell me, as we went through Fort Pierce, "This is the 'hood. Welcome to Avenue D. One never goes out after dark in this place.") We were able to walk the dogs on the beach the first day, but the second, as the winds started to howl, kept them indoors, and got some pretty nautical winds from Ian when he was eating my soffits miles away. I still don't truly understand- a place so lovely on the ocean yet Fort Pierce is such a dump. While I do indeed love Hutchinson Island, a very mile away is crap- why such a disparity? SMH- has it always been as such? This little town has so much potential, but Mr. T Rex states, "As much as they build on the island, not much will change with the surroundings." Kind of sad as they live in paradise.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am actually loving your home renovation posts! We evac'ed to my MIL's beach house on North Hutchinson Island (LOL, Mr. T Rex felt compelled to tell me, as we went through Fort Pierce, "This is the 'hood. Welcome to Avenue D. One never goes out after dark in this place.") We were able to walk the dogs on the beach the first day, but the second, as the winds started to howl, kept them indoors, and got some pretty nautical winds from Ian when he was eating my soffits miles away. I still don't truly understand- a place so lovely on the ocean yet Fort Pierce is such a dump. While I do indeed love Hutchinson Island, a very mile away is crap- why such a disparity? SMH- has it always been as such? This little town has so much potential, but Mr. T Rex states, "As much as they build on the island, not much will change with the surroundings." Kind of sad as they live in paradise.
Hutchinson Island is beautiful even with the nuclear plant (I used to work there). I remember the legend of Avenue D, best to avoid it. I never actually drove through it, no reason to be there & too scared. Fort Pierce is either very nice or very bad. I think that is what’s happening to Florida, unfortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
“Thank you for asking.” Actually, lots of stuff going on! No delays from Ian. Slab foundation poured, concrete block walls up. I bought my bathroom & laundry room tiles today. Existing trusses retrofitted to be tied down to today’s hurricane standards. Stucco guy & a/c guy coming tomorrow. Tie beam, new garage trusses & sheeting the roof in a few days, new metal roof at the end of this month. Picking out new fence and trying to get a quote for the new driveway. Lots & lots of construction dust infiltrating the inside of my house & it’s a nightmare. My house will be nice when it’s done, but living through it is very hard.

I didn't mean to offend or upset anyone with hurricane damage either, I'm just noisy.

I went back and re-watched the short CD announcement. It was safe because Phillipa didn't feature.
So, arrive late - drama! Leave early -drama. No wonder the Indiana Jones wannabe looked pissed off/relieved that they were going. Imagine trying to organise anything with SJ who has a mind like a butterfly. What exciting event could have happened in the past few days necessitating her early return?
I'm hoping it's just that Phillipa got bitten by a camel or maybe it's got a nasty mosquito bite. Whatever it is can't be too bad, Isabelle was filmed dancing for joy😬
I think it's just that the panelling has started to go up, not very exciting at all. Or maybe the consents for the windows has come thru?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I didn't mean to offend or upset anyone with hurricane damage either, I'm just noisy.

I think it's just that the panelling has started to go up, not very exciting at all. Or maybe the consents for the windows has come thru?
Or she was returning on this date all along, just creating drama for dramas sake.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I had a storm like that on a cross-country US trip just as I approached the crossing of the Mississippi River. I was really looking forward to seeing it -- it's kind of the continental divide. Could see nothing but the white line.
Its so scary billybudd and you will Never forget it either!!!
I hope you get back to the Mississippi so you get to See it ! :)

Yeah can get like that, I've done the same driving home from Auckland, was still on the motorway and I hate motorways at the best of times!
Well .... you are known as the "Long White Cloud" !
I have to say that drive into the Mount Hutt area with those mountains ----when the rain stopped was spectacular and then I was hoping no rock falls would happen..... gosh I am a chicken when it comes to driving !!!

Lovely to see you back Rexy !!!! :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Then what would causing a leak achieve? Did they think he’d be so ashamed and crestfallen at causing some water damage he’d rip up his contracts and agree to bugger off?
Not ripping up his contracts, but bugger off, yes, which is exactly what he did. Stephanie Jarvis then milked his hernia operation and when that story didn't hold up anymore needed another excuse to keep him away.

Oh please.... How did Clara get hold of this email?
I am sure you would love to know.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Well I just watched Fanny's short video from Egypt. It was very pleasant. Not only did we not see Phillipa - everyone else said hello, but he wasn't even mentioned.
Perhaps he eloped with a passing Bedouin. That would be romantic. However I think it's more likely that he lost his temper with Isabelle's comments and witch slapped her!!
Something is going on ha ha 😒
Perhaps my wish came true and he got the explosive trotts :poop: and he was 'indisposed'. Or they sold him for some cheap tat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Phiphi and projectile 💩. Also Egyptian government not really friendly towards LGBTQ+ community. And Phiphi is as flaming mo as the Alexandrian lighthouse.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I have my doubts about anything exciting happening back at the shitoo. Just another dangling carrot for her rabid fans. She's probably bored with the whole Egypt thing, I know I would be with that gang, yawn! Whatever it is, she'll make a big deal out of nothing, just like always. So much drama, another secret, blah, blah, and more blah. 🥱
I think the rest of them are quite content with eachothers company just drifitng along. Then she turns up screeching with the petulant toddler and the old codgers and they've all had a gut full and can't wait for them to all sod off so they can't start to really enjoy their trip.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I wonder if it's damage control to what @KiKiGee is doing behind the scenes, hence the speedy return home. :devilish: (one could only hope)

Also, Stephanie Jarvis' Grand Tour of Europe, and she posts a vlog from Africa... 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.