The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll miss Kathy here, but she’s just a click away. I think she will ultimately be happier on YouTube where she is the boss.

Reactions: 35
We can’t please everyone Billybudd and neither should we attempt to I know recipes, inc yours are greatly appreciated. This is a multifaceted forum full of what ever the Tattler wants to share and for that we’re all thankful. I’m not a cook (I so wish I enjoyed cooking) so that’s why anything food related personally just doesn’t interest me. I respect that it does others though. I’ve been here a while but I’m not a OG so can’t claim to have my feet firmly under the table, I’m still a rookie at 387 posts.

Imo we all add to the Tattle Shito experience regardless of length or service and topics, even the infuriating flying monkeys bring something to the table. Who knows, may be one day I’ll give a recipe a go … if it’s a REALLY easy one

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I was brought up with the ridiculous rule that if someone takes the time to visit you, travels, dresses etc then you provide the best that you can
It's just manners nothing else. But, add to that the fact that this is a patron of yours, who is helping fund your lifestyle, then it is unforgivable. It really is just how decently raised people behave. Clearly SJ wasn't brought up decently, rather dragged up by her hair, kicking and screaming. It's breathtaking.
I feel sorry you don't understand that. There are some books on how to behave, you might want to Google the subject.

I know the feeling. I was being interviewed live about one of my plays and the interviewer was trying to be as sensational as possible whilst trying to put words in my mouth. So I just stopped talking ha ha I've never seen anyone panic as much as she did, dead air on a radio program isn't desirable ha ha.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Psssstttt!
I hear oatmeal is super easy to make!!

(yes, I jest)

Reactions: 23
thanks so much for articulating what I wanted to say, but much better than I could! I agree with every point. I'm sorry that you too have been at the receiving end of her.
Maybe I made a mistake making my initial posts not about Stephanie, I'm certainly not a fan but what I feel is so often said by others already and I'm nodding in agreement rather than posting. Thanks for the welcome c'est moi!

Reactions: 10
MFK Fisher's Restorative Broth
1/3 part chicken broth
1/3 part clam juice
1/3 part good white wine
Bring to just under the boil to preserve the alcohol.

Reactions: 9
This is quite sad that this forum has become so paranoid with perceived infiltration that new posters with alternative opinions feel hounded out at least have discussion, learn about opinion ask questions... Learn about each other, don't just hound and demand who are you to have that opinion... This forum should be free speech not a dictated mandate.

Reactions: 29
To the point of when we go off topic for recipes, laundry, decorating or travel I find they are often sparked by something said or done by CD or one of her satellites. That said I always enjoy whatever tangent we wander off to. Otherwise I scroll on by. We are a lovely bunch, even when we’re snarky.

https://giphy.com/HsmYAhe5Wlkuk

Reactions: 32
I fixed it for you.
We are a lovely bunch, even especially when we’re snarky.

Reactions: 35
I've been wondering. If bun boy is there to stay long-term and if Gnati and Queen Phillipa had a massive fight, who would stay? I think Gnati would win and the other thing would be out on it's ear.

Reactions: 13
I suspect Mme Flog will be back lurking, but not commenting, under another name.

Reactions: 10
Psssstttt!
I hear oatmeal is super easy to make!!

(yes, I jest)
As easy as pie

Reactions: 15
In honour of the new Prince of Wales, a perfect traditional Welsh recipe for a rainy day - Cawl. Cheap, easy, and delicious cawl is a traditional Welsh stew. It is believed that the dish was invented in the 14th century. Cawl was traditionally prepared in a pot over an open fire and it was usually served during festivities and special occasions.
I like to chop parsley or lovage ( - from the garden! ) and put it in the bottom of the soup bowl before ladling on the hot soup. Delicious with hot, crusty bread. and the saltiness of a local Caerphiloy cheese.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Where was Jonnie the Bonnie ? More pen trouble for the King , really funny, should use a Bic like the rest of us, enjoy only happened this afternoon 13th Sept

Reactions: 21
I'm going to try this over winter. Any suggestions for a lamb substitute? Maybe more potatoes?
I had to look up "swede," it's aka "rutabaga" for all you fellow non-chef types.

Reactions: 15
Where was Jonnie the Bonnie ? More pen trouble for the King , really funny, should use a Bic like the rest of us, enjoy only happened this afternoon 13th Sept
Can you imagine ink blots all over the place or shaking hands with HRH with his hands covered in ink like a schoolboy? Careful Jonny Bach, you might get your marching orders.

Reactions: 16
Thank you I have invited guests and this will be a delightful conversation starter.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.