The Chateau Diaries #146 Snorts can wear lace and he’ll still be… a squirrel!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got Covid. So far a bad headache, cough & fever, but it seems doable.
Oh dear, prayers it’s a mild case!!! 🙏🏻
How’s your husband?
He better get well fast to take care of you!!! 😍
Maybe he’ll share that yummy soup! 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I mean, they could be self-sufficient! Just think, they could grow organic fruit and vegs, potatoes, have chickens and eggs, (I mean chickens not just for display), a proper farm with goats and sheep, so milk and cheese, fish in the pond and an expert farmer who could live on the premises. They could install solar panneling and go off grid. Could you imagine? With what is awaiting us, it would be great.
BUT, we are talking about a bunch of ignorant, entitled, stupid grifters.
Again, what do I know? I don't own a chateau and I don't have a court of courtesans. Ruling and power come with great responsabilities towards your subjects, you know.

I've read today on the papers that one third of the Ukranian refugees who came here to my region are going back to Ukrania because they want to do farming and don't want to spoil the spring and summer season harvest. Some Ukranians are organizing their trip back.
Clara's mention that the Nadaillacs drained the pond regularly and invited the locals in for a fish fry is just the tip of the iceberg on how generous and generative such a place could be.
Indre et Loir was at the center of the amazing medieval trade in freshwater fish, and accompanying hydro engineering wonders, many accomplished by monks....who had to eat fish and grew their own in the local etang systems.

And where was Mummy...i bet that old hag is only good at shouting at people she knows they are afraid of her...Why did Fanny act so fast...thats not her habit...because she feared a fine?? i bet she got letters before they actually came...btw isnt it so you have to drain a fishlake ones in 5 years? thats why that fishery is there..She better looked into that matter than reading all those magazines for inspiration how her farmhouse needed to look like...in her silly head..
Fish culture was big in France in medieval times. I believe I recall you studied agriculture -- do you have fish ponds you cultivate? Was it a big deal in the Netherlands or does proximity to the sea make it unnecessary? Don't answer if too personal.....

I’ve got Covid. So far a bad headache, cough & fever, but it seems doable.
Hope you and hubs feel better soon.
Home delivered popsicles from Amazon/Whole Foods highly recommended. Tepid baths.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Mojo has reacted to several recent posts and I am sure is still keeping a close eye. Everyone needs a little time out now and again. 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
And ineptitude. We can slate others for being grifters but she is the Queen of the Grifters.
If we think about her life she has been supported all the way through adulthood. Mummy & Daddy around to give her ££ & love. Scotman telling her she is a Princess. Potts & Larkin in her camp to both financially & emotionally support her.
Never had a job. Never had to do the daily commute, be at her desk at a certain time, follow rules, company guidelines, industry regulations.
Normal people would have looked into the rules & regulations - spoken to the Mairie, asked other people in the local area, consulted a surveyor, done some homework. Nope. Took the easy route (as always) and opened the sluice.
Lack of connection to nature, or empathy for the critters, has got to be a narc thing. The natural world would be as alien to narcs as other people are. Why she's kvelling over the Jardin Anglais while -- as the Comte points out, even Kirsty hasn't got a respectable, on-time rank of seedlings after six weeks of spring -- I can't imagine. Actually I can and it makes me sick and tired.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is there no way you could go back to Australia to live. I’d forgotten about the sharks, I had a panic attack when out on a jet ski and I saw a dolphin.
this is from someone who used to go off shore sailing and windsurfing😂😂
How wonderful to see a dolphin! I would have jumped in to say hello. It's rare for any shark to be around when dolphins are about. I've never tried windsurfing, but it looks like fun! I love Northern Ireland, don't get me wrong, it's just the NI weather that disagrees with me. I need my vitamin D! 😄 It's a spectacular country, with exceptionally warm and generous people. My brother in Australia visited NI recently and remarked "This would be a great country if someone could put a roof on it." It rained every single day he was here! But yes, covid aside, I visit Australia and Lord Howe Island every chance I can get, and we keep a home there. I'll eventually retire and go home, but for now, my NIrish partner's family and work keeps me in Europe. I love my job taking me to France and Belgium, and I love visiting the various châteaux and historical sites. I'm fascinated by French culture and history (my mum is French, so I have family in France too), I think the food is divine and the people I work with are brilliant, dedicated, forever supportive, and hardworking.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Plus Amaury is employed inside the chateau (to do the panelling), yet he's also working outside, literally pulling up trees, so Stephanie's justification for Philip's work-shyness is weak.
Let’s not pretend that we don’t know what SJ meant by Phiphi being “employed indoors,” but for those who truly wonder what she meant, it’s “full-time in-house rent boy.”

ECD702A0-F18A-43F8-80F3-45809D679409.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
@Clara Burnett
Hey Clara, I've a couple of off-topic questions that you may be able to answer:

1.How did Cat come to the chateau? Was she friends with Dana and Contessa before meeting SJ? Do you know?

Lots of these people that have been to LaLaLande parties and other parties, seem to be friends, exes, or something amongst themselves. And many appear to have dated the same guy/girl in the same group, (Mason, Countess, MPotty, Dana, SJ of course, etc.) so it's confusing.

Also

2.You mention much or your info comes from your friends who were at the chateau at one time, but I think I've read, that you still go to La Lande. How can SJ & troupe, not know who you are if they're reading here as many believe they do?

I can't see how your identity can remain secret to them...too many clues...
Cat came through workaway or another volunteer organization, at least that's what I understood. She was not friends with Dana or Tess Hoffman before she started "working" at the shittoo.
As for my identity: I know Stephanie Jarvis (and some of her closest allies ) are positively convinced they know who I am and why I'm doing this, but have no clue how to prove it. I find it extremely funny they are wrong. Just thinking how mortified she would be, makes it all worth while. I can only hope they leave the person they suspect alone, as I don't want to cause trouble for anyone but the charlataine.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Yes, I was thinking baby gate too!

Where do you live, you poor soul. I can't imagine never getting warm enough to open a window .... here in upper upper Canada I have my windows open for parts of the day now and our day time highs are in the 15C range. I just can't wait every spring to get the fresh air in! We have screens on all our windows here, but really only need them for a few months of misquotes, bees, wasps, and flies.
When you said baby gate I was thinking baby-gate, lol, like Water-gate President Nixon etc., I thought I'd missed something and there was something on the horizon about to explode. Must get my head out of conspiracy theories...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
And what’s even worse…she looks down on anyone who holds a traditional job. That’s “beneath” her. A traditional 9-5 job is for “suckers.” In SJ’s fairytale world, the upper class (aristocracy…princess) doesn’t work like the peasants. I don’t have any issues if she’s never held a traditional job…but we’ve heard that, behind the scenes, she looks down on those who do.
Her mum & dad ran a business which ultimately appeared to be profitable. Not sure if it's been said about her father inheriting £ which funded the purchase of the care home. How Mummy is implies to me that she treated those who worked FOR her as servants. Fanny given all the chances to get a good education & does nothing with it. The pseudo aristocrat with her eloquotion lessons to make her speak 'posh' who has actually a trade background & has lived off her parent's work just jars with me. I do have issues that she's never had a traditional job when she then uses people as workaways without payment whilst she has numerous holidays. That she has pleaded poverty (hot water bottle strapped to herself to keep warm) when she has plenty of £$ but is just too stingey to pay out for boring things when there are holidays to go on. I don't have a problem with people owning businesses & having staff as long as they put in a day's work too. She doesn't. It seems that for her fans they're muddled that because she lives in a chateau she is in some way an aristocrat - she's not, she's 'trade' , lazy & a bum 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Isn’t life ironic. I live on the mainland UK but some of my happiest memories are from N & S Ireland and in my mind I travel there when I can’t sleep particularly in the last few years with all the restrictions. I am probably luckier as I can be there in a couple of hours whereas you are literally half a world away. I hope you get back there soon.
A 24 hour flight - and I tell myself that, logically, Australia is only one day away. I hope you can visit Northern Ireland again soon. We'll meet in Belfast at The Crown, have a drink together and have a witch about Stephamememe! 😊

• Heart
[

Fanny certainly aspires be a socialite however I am afraid that in reality, that is most certainly not the case! She's more Hyacinth Bucket than Lady Charlotte Wellesley!
Absolutely right @Jeeves I was going to say the same time. No class there.

• Heart
Cat came through workaway or another volunteer organization, at least that's what I understood. She was not friends with Dana or Tess Hoffman before she started "working" at the shittoo.
As for my identity: I know Stephanie Jarvis (and some of her closest allies ) are positively convinced they know who I am and why I'm doing this, but have no clue how to prove it. I find it extremely funny they are wrong. Just thinking how mortified she would be, makes it all worth while. I can only hope they leave the person they suspect alone, as I don't want to cause trouble for anyone but the charlataine.
Thank you. What a tangled web.

Reactions: 8
Also - the live was full of people asking about email. At least NO is consistent. 🤓
I wonder how many emails they get in a day? I can easily answer 120 emails a day and still have time to be in meetings, write reports and tattle.

• Heart
I have been through the Wiki and have read through many threads but I do not know who Nikki is that let Marie stay in her house and has been trying to get Marie back on her feet…And Marie has hid all her old videos so I can’t investigate. Who is this Nikki lady? Is there a pic of her somewhere? Apologies if this is already explained elsewhere. Also I deleted all socials (FB, Instagram, etc) some time ago for mental health reasons so I may be out of the loop for that reason!
She doesn't have a "Who is Nikki?" in the wiki, but her first appearance, or when she was introduced is mentioned in the section called Time lines, Arrivals and Departures. You have to scan through to see her name in bold. That section is a bit of a work in progress.

the heating never was...its too expensive...Madame needs to keep her money on the bank..and is distracting all her patreons through the summer with nothing..just some plants planted..i guess she thinks the well will dry out soon...does she know more than we do??
I don't think SJ ever thinks the well would dry out. She just strech the timeline as much as she can while working on projects as little as she can.

If she would be a little concerned she would have picked up on all our tattlers shared experience and put something in works so the dump would be self sustainable even without the patreon/youtube income. You have mentioned gites will give her a good income and a pool would increase visitors.
I have suggested she puts out products with her brand. But e begging is free and little to no work for her.

• Heart
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.