Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Grace Kelly

VIP Member
Greedy youtubers, I refuse to pay any membership to already wealthy youtubers, I feel like more and more are using their viewers.

Reactions: 4

Ann

I'll add more fuel to the fire...so last year I noticed the parents went on a group trip to New Zealand end of January without the kids. No big deal. Meanwhile I see posts from Garrett's family members celebrating Cali's first birthday on January 31st while they are gone. BLF posted Cali's birthday video mid February. So many followers comment, yay I have same birthday or my son has the same birthday, ect...and instead of saying oh that's not his actual birthday they just comment hearts emojis. I don't think a one year old will care if they celebrated later than his actual day. I just thought it was kinda shady they didn't want to admit the reason for the delayed birthday post was because they were gone. They always post videos on the actual day for Manilla and Dorothy in the past. We will see what happens this year since it was his first.

Also, I find it odd that Garrett doesn't seem to follow his mom's travel instagram (with a tiny following.) I would think my son would help promote me if he does the same thing and knows how hard it is.

I've never heard the gay rumor.

A video last night of “bedtime stories”! Interesting, I’m not sure I’ve seen that before. Given this plus the reading nook, I wonder if other people have been asking about the kids’ education and this kind of stuff too.

the point about the kids’ adrenaline is a really interesting one. He’s encouraging them to be incredibly athletics-focused and sensation seeking, and not to understand danger. No amount of “being brave” makes surfing in the dark with a child as young as Cali safe. But hey, Jess, you just get on with the morning routine! 2 of your 3 kids will need showers this morning, hope that doesn’t mess up the schedule!

Bora Bora Local

He seemed totally bizarre?? Banging on about the audience being dumb or intelligent. I used to really enjoy them and their videos but they just seem money grabbing now

didi_la_Luipa

I'm not subscribing.
Although they're so insightful and harmonic it feels like they want to sell me someting. staged.
Plus, the content is incredible but so unrealistic for ordinary families.

Since they already expose all their lifes then why not show real life footage, this would bring them to another level. No tinsel and glitter.

But what storke me the most, as you guys mentioned before, seemingly security is not a big matter for the Gees. The biggest security negligence is the information of location of their new and overhaul house. It's totally dumb. I presume, they will lose some money on the resale. Ultimately, they won't live in it, since everybody with google maps and the hints on IG can find it.
- That would be creepy if I lived there -

Last edited:

vegsoup

This reply to this comment just strikes me as so tone deaf!!! Like don’t say you’re sorry to hear and then ask challenging questions like but does he regret it?
CA284F09-069D-4A28-88DF-64091B7F6F88.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow

TheCutiePatootie

VIP Member
You can tell he doesn't like being home.

That is why he is creating these weird adventures. Honestly, who does that? There are so many other ways to have fun with your children and create memories that they will cherish.

Another thing is could he be messing up the children's adrenaline? Cali is too young to be doing some of the things they do and I wonder whether this is how some people who are always chasing adrenaline rushes grew up.

LLR

Garrett would probably enjoy the attention of having other people filming him all the time.

Reality shows don't always show loads of conflicts, TLC did wonders of making The Duggars / The Willis Clan / The Bates families all look wholesome despite all the things you know about them that you didn't learn from their shows. They mostly put them in places like the "Creation Museum" or gave them activities to create content.

Garrett would probably want to be a producer and help control the narrative but their conflicts would probably be more along the lines of "traditional school vs. travel school" and "struggling to find a church to go to on Sunday in a foreign country" or "Dorothy's first surfing competition".

Katools

It's such poor taste to use Jessica's accident for click bait! I'm actually shocked that Garrett thinks it's ok to do that. Then he posts a story about how bad he feels. It is utterly disgusting. Nevermind
how the fans feel, it's about respecting his wife and having common decency.

Reactions: 3

Bora Bora Local

I’ve had to unfollow today, for earth day, the ocean loving family are promoting make up wipes 😒 even if they are promoted to be “compostable” there are A LOT better things you can use to take your make up off with that are better for our earth. They really are sell outs now.

Bora Bora Local

I 100% agree, I think they’ve also been gallivanting around to different countries not really mentioning covid at all and just acting like
Things are back to normal when it isn’t. I’ve come close to unfollowing so often and I used to really enjoy them, they just seem money hungry.

lokencrepis

Ok so I've been traveling around Thailand for the last 6 months and during that time I have watched loads of travel vlogs, but after a while I noticed that they fall into 3-4 categories, and each one is designed to manipulate the audience into clicks and views via clickbait images, deceptive titles, or just ridiculously faked content. I agree with the analysts who say social media is broken - FB was about connecting people, now it's Big Brother listening through your phone and trying to monetise your every move. YouTube used to be funny videos or how-to videos, now it's largely vloggers trying to monetise their travel videos.
I literally just heard about The Bucket List Family and agree with all the comments here. Dysfunctional Dad who admits to having family issues but instead of doing what the rest of us did and gotten counseling, is acting out his issues on YouTube.
I get why some people followed them, but I haven't watched one of their videos and won't. It's all so hideously twee and fake. What stunned me though was reading about the knee injury cliffhanger video. Not only that dad's actions were reprehensible, but that people were actually losing sleep over worry about the mom's health. Seriously?? If you are *that* invested in the lives of people you don't even know, you have issues.
Another thing to note is that there is a lot of media about how much money they have raised for charity, but the fact is that rich people never give their own money away. Even Princess Di never gave any of her money when she was raising money for her landmine charity. The BLF certainly aren't giving any of their money to these charity's. Have I raised 10 mil for a charity? No. Have I given more money to charity than them. Yep.
There is a ton of good travel content out there - Jack Whitehall Travels With My Father on Netflix for example. Why anyone would watch this drek let alone get emotionally invested in it is beyond me (just don't understand it - not judging anyone). Also I've given up watching Thailand travel vlogs because they are all as bad as BLF. Life is too short etc
I just love your comparison between BLF and Jack Whitehall. Now THATS a good show!

Bora Bora Local

I agree, I actually don’t mind them, I enjoy their videos even if it’s obvious everything is paid for, flights, accommodation etc. It annoys me that they advertise the trips with them but you are looking to spend at least $3000/4000 per person. I’m not sure they realise that’s a lot of money for a normal family.

However, whilst I think they do make their kids braver and certainly get them to go out of their comfort zone there are simple things they should do, like putting helmets on their kids who could have very easily slipped off the horse or not leaving their baby on the dock unattended even if only for a few minutes. They are quite irresponsible really.

Grasshopper

I follow them on insta, and was very surprised to follow their latest link, to find I had to pay. Not a chance....very surprised at the editing, done to suck us in ..

Cariad

VIP Member
He was trying to hint that he also doesn’t believe in wearing masks either, not surprising for a family who hopped through as many countries as they could during a pandemic haha
Wonder if they've been vaccinated? .....guess they must have been to be able to travel , but there's been no mention of the virus at all in all their travels it's as though it doesn't exist in their perfect world

TheCutiePatootie

VIP Member
And it's so silly. What's the purpose?
1642319970116.png

Our bodies work so hard to keep our feet warm and then you just dip your 3-year-old's feet into ice water for likes on social media?