The big hospital experiment

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watching this on BBC2? I'm just catching up on the first two EPs. I honestly thought it wouldn't work and would be so dangerous to the patients but the young people on here have blown me away with how caring they are, especially to the elderly.

I really hope they roll this out over the NHS, I think it could take alot of pressure of doctors and nurses.

Reactions: 4
I’ve been watching this, really interesting !
Some of the volunteers are absolute naturals, and good on all of them for doing it!

Last night was another tear jerker - 101 year old John was just an amazing gentleman His infectious laugh was so adorable, the photos of his fighter pilot days he always had with him was just so touching and poignant. I felt so sad, yet so awe of him.

Reactions: 2
I'm starting my nursing degree in the next couple of weeks, this programme is so good to watch! Completely agree with lastnights episode, felt so sorry for John! He was so confused bless him.

Reactions: 1
I’ve really enjoyed watching this as a NHS staff member. It would be lovely to be able to sit and chat to the patients, as they’ve been doing, building bonds and putting them at ease. I think some of the volunteers have really grown over the episodes and I’m interested to see if they continue after the show!

It’s been brilliant, it should be rolled out nationally I think. There is so much for the patients to gain and for the volunteers. You can see the sense of achievement and accomplishment. It also sheds a positive light on millienials who are all too often given a bad name!

I also loved the idea of the older people’s home in Nottingham who had children come in daily- great experience for the elderly and the children. Plus the findings were amazing too- most of the elderly residents had literally come on leaps and bounds.

Reactions: 1