Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Ladies I been meaning to write here for a while now but I didn't. It sickness me and upsets me big c and me represents people like me.
She supposed to be a cancer ambassador but she's more like a blogger ambassador now.
I am 34 and had acute leukemia in 2016...i had a bone marrow transplant Oct 2016 and relapsed after 18 months I had another bone marrow transplant last march 2019 also two lung operations due to fungus on my lungs and was n a coma for 3 weeks, now a year and half later I am still struggling with graft v host on my liver and attend hosp 3 days a week. My problem is this..... Eveyone undergoing bone marrow and lives in distant city's from James are given an apartment in Kilmainham 5 min away from hospital with covid she would not be allowed bring anyone with her in, so means Barry and her daughter can't visit, that money is a disgrace should be given to bone marrow research or the ward, I have two kids myself and I know the struggle it put on my family when I spent 10.months in James last year, but we def didn't need hundreds of thousands, the baby grows I found that strange as she came off Instagram then a day later got more followers and then announced her diagnosis again. Now she is saying her donor didn't pass medical also before transplant she should be in for induction treatment for her bone marrow to be empty before new cells, so she says 6 weeks so what are the chances she doesn't need transplant after all who knows....
Also I made her a lovely frame last year and sent her a card and a lovely chain to her door in the ward as I was there at the time too and the nurses wanted me to go into her and she said she wasnt up for visitors but flat out on Instagram my 8 year old made her a lovely video she sees all. Messages and never replys I didn't even get a message to say thank u... was 3 days after she was on the late late I felt so sorry for her but now I'm angerd becuse someone that should represent us cancer patients it just seems like it's all a joke.
Sorry for the essay but I needed to say how i felt I really hope we are all so wrong but I been to death door and back I have had all infections possible and I know how bad I been after chemo and I know how bad other girls have been and they also get same treatment from big c she seems to only respond back to people that have a blue tick on their page 😡 I am angered at it all and to me it doesn't make sense. I had over 100 chemo therapys to get my marrow empty for transplant i also had an unknown donor too so did the other girls i can say I go to James every 2 weeks and never seen her there, but I also attend my own hospital here 3 days a week and I know people that are seriously struggling just don't get it also for transplant in Ireland funds are been approved on compasionate grounds especially if ur a young girl, and a mother a transplant is 350 k..... Alone so she doesn't have to pay for it she would also be entitled to a medical card because of no income, and a long term illness, also she said no one will insure her for a mortgage in that case no one should insure her to drive either..... I know a lot people that had cancer and got a mortgage.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 82

brandambassador

VIP Member
€175k is a lot of money to not be accountable for. What was the money intended for?
So Barry wouldn’t have to work (Barry is still working odd jobs as self employed and on PUP. Baz if you read this you’ll know this is fact as you work with my husband. Yes it’s me, Tara. I’m no liar I’m not a secret nameless troll)
For accommodation in dublin (HSE accommodation is free, Shannon wanted luxury ‘for all the family’ we still have no update on this)
Costs of travel ? (Got a new car for journeys to dublin, has had maybe 2 trips to dublin since and the dad has driven his car both times)
Rent ? (They are already getting rent allowance, Shannon is on illness benefit and he’s on PUP and doing odd jobs.
Treatment ? (treatment is all free, she has inferred other alternative treatments for when this is over but as usual she’s probably just lying )

basically in summary, nobody knows and she seems to think it’s ok not to ever refer to it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

brandambassador

VIP Member
Does bronchoscope check if you’re a lying cunt also ? Totally unrelated to Shannon just asking for a friend, ye wouldn’t know her 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
Cork isn't a fucking million miles away.
Isn't that why the fucking car was bought? Get Barry off his ass and collect the washing, replace same, bring it home and do it, and so on.
Like ffs, is that not what the gfm was for.
And it can be done.
I brought clean washing, collected dirty, brought any needs necessary to my husband 3 x times a week, in hospital in Dublin, me in Cork, with 4 children for 6 fucking months. Parents deceased, so only a few friends could help out occasionally. My 17 year old did the most.
It's all bollox Shannen.
there are thousands worse than you. You're only at the tip girl. Cop the fuck on. Grow up.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Nena

One thing Shannen has influenced me to do is NEVER donate to a go fund me.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Quackers

VIP Member
Not many people get a 2nd transplant she is very lucky to get one. She to me looks so so well for transplant and also where is the induction treatment before it, I have this gut feeling there mite not be a transplant god forgive me but I can be so dam wrong, I was so dead for my 2nd stem cell and wasn't able to sit n my ass I just hope I am wrong
I’m so sorry to hear of all you’ve been through. My son also got leukaemia in 2016. For him he was so sick. We were meant to get to Hanes for transplant but never got that far. He died the day before his birthday. Honestly his birthday wasn’t a big deal we would have gone any day any hour, to think a stranger us so willing to go through donation for her abs she couldn’t even stay at home. My son was sick too no way he’d have been as good as she is now. Obviously as he didn’t make it. I kinda smell a rat with her now but she’d hardly be that bad.

We also had help from our community. It makes me sad to see people wouldn’t give to go fund mes again. It gave us the gift of time with our precious time without the worry of money. But we never got near the amount she had. I insisted a committee was set up to manage it, it paid for parking and travel etc no holidays weekends away fancy gadgets etc. Just pure basics. We on the other Hand have raised so much for so many charities since and we will continue to do so. Just not the big charities. The little ones are the ones to make a big diff.

Anyway I can’t watch this ones stories anymore nit since the dinner out with the big gang. And the preaching and lies her medical team okayed it. Nonsense and irresponsible.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
And when you compare Shannen to the likes of Vicky Phelan, who has terminal cancer, you realise the shite Shannen spins.
Vicky is cancer victim, has a lifespan that is unknown, who isn't bought by #ads, has 2 kids, and is gracious in her promotion of all things cancers. How she remains so pleasant and positive, I have no idea. A true inspiration.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Funtupthehole

Chatty Member
I wonder was the drama about accommodation for someone to gift her a rental... Very strange that she spent a few days panicking about it then boom no mention.

How many people haven't seen their family in months. She isn't unique and actually never even acknowledges that.
Now in fairness I haven’t seen my family in months and to be honest I’m glad as they are all cunts so thank you covid 😂😂😂❤

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Socialmediabite

VIP Member
Wouldn’t you just be mortified going to a hospital and professional people aware of the way a diagnosis is interpreted for drama and Instagram . My heart goes out to genuinely sick patients suffering in silence but with such dignity . It’s beyond comprehension the manipulation and mistruths going on .
Completely I'd say they roll their eyes at the manipulation going on.

A very close friend of mine is in a late stage terminal cancer situation and she would give her two arms to have the treatment options and to have to travel to Dublin for a few months to try save her life but instead she is at home in isolation watching her heartbroken husband and young children come to terms with her dying and her only visit is from the hospice team. And we stand by helpless because we can't visit. That's real suffering not the drama that goes on here with it's all about me big C.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

TikToc

VIP Member
Is there a traveller in her I wonder with the surname Joyce..??
That poor girl on the late late tonight Lynsey Bennett was so humbling. Hope she was watching what a terminal victim acts like. She said she was mortified before Christmas that her neighbours organised a tractor fundraiser and she knows how people are struggling financially since Covid and she couldn't expect people to donate but so appreciated their kindness ❤. She is a beautiful Lady.

• Heart

dontcome@me

VIP Member
1) She tried to jump on the trolling band wagon to get more followers - it was within a week or two of twins and me, aoibhe debhlin and Claire balding etc. doing it and bawling down the phone and getting widespread shares and sympathy from the instahuns and following going up - but it didn’t really gain traction for Shannen - she had to come up with something bigger and better

2) Then the baby grow incident. I knew from the start she was lying. She’s such a bad actress. How the hell would anyone know her address. Trying to make out like she was being trolled. But the trolls from online knew Her exact house number in an estate 🙄 if she did receive something it would have had to have been someone who knows her personally or lives near her. (I’m that friend who when sending cards or presents to my closest friends never knows their house number).
Widespread Insta hun sharing and sympathy. This had the likes of MRS crying down the phone and sharing it. Grew her following from around 40k to 100k in a few days

3) Days later - Had those idiots Ciaran and Denise Byrne set up the GFM and released the news of her relapse. We all know what happened next.

Honestly if anyone can’t see through what she actually did and how calculated it all was, they are suckers

• Heart

TinaGP

VIP Member
Who does she think she is ? The spokeswoman for everyone in Ireland?! “Hang tight lads” Ah shut up will you ! She gets on my wick

• Haha
  • Heart

brandambassador

VIP Member
Cork isn't a fucking million miles away.
Isn't that why the fucking car was bought? Get Barry off his ass and collect the washing, replace same, bring it home and do it, and so on.
Like ffs, is that not what the gfm was for.
And it can be done.
I brought clean washing, collected dirty, brought any needs necessary to my husband 3 x times a week, in hospital in Dublin, me in Cork, with 4 children for 6 fucking months. Parents deceased, so only a few friends could help out occasionally. My 17 year old did the most.
It's all bollox Shannen.
there are thousands worse than you. You're only at the tip girl. Cop the fuck on. Grow up.
Not cancer related but at moment my husband is in hospital with covid and I have no parental help with a new baby. (Not looking for sympathy ) but I’ve gotten up off my arse to drive the hour and back to the hospital every second day to drop clothes and collect stuff. I don’t need any go fund me or strangers offering help. Why must she always make it out to be worse or in need of more help !! They nearly have a quarter of a million euro. You could ducking fly the laundry down if you had to. I just don’t get why Barry can’t get off his ass

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
The go fund me is being gradually spent on luxuries.
First night out easing restrictions, she's off out for dinner with 7 at the table. Transpires two tables were booked and then shoved them together. No distancing, no mask, all together for photos. For a very high risk person who should be minding herself ahead of transplant.
The freebies are still arriving, latest being a double and single Emma mattress, saying Roisin slept all night but forgetting she had her on her stories where she ended up in the big bed.
Drama several times. Came in last week, red nose, puffy crying eyes saying she had upsetting news from Dublin. 24 hours later after waiting for full audience, it ends up they are moving transplant day from 6th Jan to 5th. But the 5th is her birthday.
Everyone knows she probably got a bollocking from her team after seeing her out.
Santa last week, crossed county bounds to go, breaking restrictions.
She already lectured some time back for people to cop on. She'll be at it again soon, when she's had her fun.
Black Friday was like a qvc swipe fest, but was 'sick' for the chats.
Lots of pj wearing, though no changing from day to day. Lots of takeaways. The house is a mess.
Roisin is proving to be a cheeky madam. Her birthday is the 23rd but celebrations yesterday. We've seen quick posts of her all dressed up, so chances they had loads of contacts yet again.
Oh and her birthday is the 5th of January, that's the 5th of January.

Feel free to copy and add!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Socialmediabite

VIP Member
The neck of her going on about ppl not following restrictions.

Also boo hoo that she won't see her brother until April May.

Read the room you self centered, spoilt brat there are loads of us that haven't seen family that live abroad all year.

Reactions: 23

Tinybops

VIP Member
When I first started following Big c and rachel Gorey something just dident sit right with me of course they both have such a big following I felt am I a nasty person because I just couldent take to them and unfollowed.
unfortunately they’re both using cancer to make money. I think it’s absolutely awful, I’ve watched plenty of people suffer shockingly with cancer and to use it to make money is downright wrong.

Rachel Gorry knew her husband’s death was coming and had signed to an agency before he passed saying he wanted her to (from what I’ve read) and my heart goes out to her girls because not only have they lost a parent, the other is using them to fund her lavish lifestyle.

Big C knew her cancer was treatable and thankfully she’s currently cancer free, but gathering so much money knowing that she can beat it again was wrong. It’s not like she needed it for hospital (she has private health insurance because the wig was covered from it and all cancer treatments are covered by hse) and the accommodation was also covered by a charity. Her excuse to test as to why she keeps relapsing is also covered by her oncologist, unless it’s not good enough and wants “better answers”. It just went too far. I despise these “Instagram z listers” and can’t wait for the day it finally collapses under them 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
I wouldn't be happy with her as an ambassador either.
She isn't having a bone marrow transplant it's a stem cell transplant so maybe that accounts for the difference to your process.
I had a bone marrow Marrow transplant 1st time which is given from donor bone marrow and 2nd time a stem cell transplant that's been extracted peripheral its been given through the hickman man same as a blood infusion, I am also an ex healthcare worker and not allowed return to work and spent my 4 years in hospital fighting blood cancer but a blown out of proportion story like hers ridiculous. I know her consultant in James and all nurses and doctors like the back my hand and no one had ever got that kind of money for "treatment" or for expenditure but I know how hard people like me and others have fundraised to give back to James's or Irish cancer society but where is here going 🎗

• Heart

Justme00

She really doesn't need to profit any more from cancer. The greed is unreal. Now she's on the beg for a book deal? 🖕 go have your transplant, get better and raise your child and while you're at it, donate some of your money to the ward that took care of your greedy, arrogant ass! Between Rachel making money from a death and this one making money off a serious illness? Disgusting.

• Heart

Tammys

VIP Member
The difference in what she posts and what vicky Phelan posts no comparison.
There is vicky in Amercia leaveing 2 children behind for maybe 6 mths so dignified no pity posts .you wont see her flogging things to make money
They are chalk and cheese .

• Heart
Reactions: 22

TinaGP

VIP Member
Look, in my opinion she did manipulate people into giving her money via the go fund me , it seems she exaggerated her story , made it sound worse . I know cancer is cancer and she might have been frightened at the time or something and maybe that is why she thought she needed money , but since the whole spending spree happened on absolute luxuries and going here there and everywhere, getting sent free gifts , free meals , it’s disgusting. She should rightly give that money back . One of my family members donated to her go fund me and as that person said themselves “I try to help people going through hard times as I myself went through hard times and know what it’s like to have nothing” Now that family member is sick to the teeth of this one and disgusted when I showed her the spending . She knows nobody forced her to donate but she was taking Shannens word , that she needed this money for her treatment journey . So, when she said “treatment” what she really meant was “treats” for her and her family ! Living it up with the new car , meals , fitbits and whatever else . Disgusting . It reminds me of something I was looking at on the tv one time about some charity and the ceo of the charity was living her best life , off buying luxuries and trips away , etc using other people’s money who donated to the charity

• Heart
Reactions: 22