Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kthxbye

Chatty Member
I binged the whole series last week, its perfect! I loved the little details like using the characters handwriting from the books in the credits, and the comment Kristy made about her mum not being totally clueless (a nod to Alicia Silverstone being in Clueless!)
I still have a few of my BSC books, but I want them all again!
I always wanted to be Claudia, her room sounded amazing with the snacks hidden everywhere 🤣

I think a SVH remake could be good too, if they did it properly!

I wish it was the 90s again....

Reactions: 9

FreakyFriday

Can't believe I'm almost 41 and I've just sat by myself and watched, and enjoyed the first ep 🙈🤣🤣 My 7&9 year olds are at school being studious, look at me 🙄🤷🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
I loved the books so much!! Between Dawn in babysitters club and Sweet Valley High, all I wanted to be when I grew up was a California girl

• Heart

Tublet83

VIP Member
Loved sweet valley high as well, can’t see them remaking that though, it’s so dated now!

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
I have just started. I loved the books as a kid. Ugh, this is making me so happy. It is the perfect light-hearted escapism. Totally aimed at tweens but I am enjoying it.

Reactions: 5

Tublet83

VIP Member
My favourite books in the 1990s, and I’m loving the revival series! Anyone else watched/read?

• Heart

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
I LOVED the Babysitters Club books! I’m going to watch the series this week 🙂

I was gutted when my mum got rid of all my books when I was older, always been tempted to buy them again! Not even kidding, many a happy hour reading those 😂

I really loved the specials from all their perspectives.

• Heart

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
I loved the books so much!! Between Dawn in babysitters club and Sweet Valley High, all I wanted to be when I grew up was a California girl
Omg sweet valley high!

Back in the day 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

Fenella

Chatty Member
I recommend the Babysitters Club Club podcast for fans, I used to really enjoy it.

Just started the Netflix series now!

eta- Alicia Silverstone, yay!

Reactions: 3

Chunkeylaydee

VIP Member
Loved the books and binge watched the series. Some great memories came back to me. I’m 42 😂.

I loved Mallory towers on BBC iPlayer too at the start of lockdown.

openbook1

VIP Member
Finished this! Ugh, so good. I know Kristy wasn't everyone's favourite but I quite liked her.
I am tempted to re-read the books. The ebooks are available my library app.

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
I'm so glad I saw this thread, the Babysitters Club was my favourite book series when I was younger and I had no idea about the Netflix show! I was nap trapped under my 9 week old baby last night so started binging the first series and I love it! Thank you to everyone for recommending it, it's really lovely and so nostalgic!

• Heart

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I used to love the books and the Sweet Valley High ones too!
I didn’t know it was on Netflix so I’ll check it out.

Fenella

Chatty Member
Finished!

I loved it, still want to be Claudia, she’s so cool, Kristy is still annoying as hell and I thought it was cast so well ☺

Jinx2019

Ah loved this series, as easy summer watch even though it is aimed at tweens! Pity it was cancelled

Reactions: 2

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Loved sweet valley high as well, can’t see them remaking that though, it’s so dated now!
I reread some of them recently (they're on kindle unlimited) and they were hilariously awful but so nostalgic! I was obsessed when I was younger!

Trolleydollycoffeelover

I was OBSESSED with them! Not seen the series as I haven’t got Netflix shock horror but must have had about 30 books. Did anyone here have that special edition one with actual letters in? Dawn and Claudia were my faves and couldn’t stand Kristy, gave off the impression of a passive aggressive smart arse! Is the character in the TV show the same?

Loved the BSC books as a kid. Those abs the Point Horror books too!!!!
Point Horrors were amazing! The covers were so detailed too. Best ones were the original ones that launched the series like The Babysitter part 1 and 2, Funhouse, Trick or Treat and The Accident. Does anyone remember Point Romance as nobody else seems to, even at the time only me and one other girl at school were obsessed with them!