The Babysitters Club Netflix Revival

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favourite books in the 1990s, and I’m loving the revival series! Anyone else watched/read?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I LOVED the Babysitters Club books! I’m going to watch the series this week 🙂

I was gutted when my mum got rid of all my books when I was older, always been tempted to buy them again! Not even kidding, many a happy hour reading those 😂

I really loved the specials from all their perspectives.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I LOVED the Babysitters Club books! I’m going to watch the series this week 🙂

I was gutted when my mum got rid of all my books when I was older, always been tempted to buy them again! Not even kidding, many a happy hour reading those 😂

I really loved the specials from all their perspectives.
Me too I looked and they are really expensive but they are rereleasing them in September!

I used to avoid the Mallory books she got on my nerves! Dawn was my favourite!

Reactions: 1
Me too I looked and they are really expensive but they are rereleasing them in September!

I used to avoid the Mallory books she got on my nerves! Dawn was my favourite!
I really want my books back! My
Mum would get rid of a couple at a time so I didn’t notice 😂

Mallory, I remember reading one where she got the mumps. Claudia, Kristy and Dawn would be my favs.

I loved the books so much!! Between Dawn in babysitters club and Sweet Valley High, all I wanted to be when I grew up was a California girl

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Iv never read the books but loved the movie! I need to watch the new show!

• Heart
I loved the books so much!! Between Dawn in babysitters club and Sweet Valley High, all I wanted to be when I grew up was a California girl
Omg sweet valley high!

Back in the day 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Loved sweet valley high as well, can’t see them remaking that though, it’s so dated now!

• Heart
Loved sweet valley high as well, can’t see them remaking that though, it’s so dated now!
I reread some of them recently (they're on kindle unlimited) and they were hilariously awful but so nostalgic! I was obsessed when I was younger!

Reactions: 2
Oh wow, I didn’t know about this - I loved the books when I was young! I’d imagine they’re quite naff to look back on but I would still love to read them again. Do you think they’ll set it in 90s or in 2020?

I used to love the books and the Sweet Valley High ones too!
I didn’t know it was on Netflix so I’ll check it out.

Reactions: 3
I was obsessed as a child! I had so many of the books! Loved the film and I’ve already binged the Netflix series. Loved it!!
They did a tv series of it years and years ago to which was good!

Reactions: 2
Oh wow, I didn’t know about this - I loved the books when I was young! I’d imagine they’re quite naff to look back on but I would still love to read them again. Do you think they’ll set it in 90s or in 2020?
Tv series is set present day with some 90s throwbacks - loved it!

Can't believe I'm almost 41 and I've just sat by myself and watched, and enjoyed the first ep 🙈🤣🤣 My 7&9 year olds are at school being studious, look at me 🙄🤷🤣

• Haha
I binged the whole series last week, its perfect! I loved the little details like using the characters handwriting from the books in the credits, and the comment Kristy made about her mum not being totally clueless (a nod to Alicia Silverstone being in Clueless!)
I still have a few of my BSC books, but I want them all again!
I always wanted to be Claudia, her room sounded amazing with the snacks hidden everywhere 🤣

I think a SVH remake could be good too, if they did it properly!

I wish it was the 90s again....

Reactions: 9
I recommend the Babysitters Club Club podcast for fans, I used to really enjoy it.

Just started the Netflix series now!

eta- Alicia Silverstone, yay!

Finished!

I loved it, still want to be Claudia, she’s so cool, Kristy is still annoying as hell and I thought it was cast so well ☺

Iv watched the first two episodes and really like it! Defo a tween show but so easy to watch.