Teeth whitening products?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking for recommendations for at home teeth whitening products - I’m an ex smoker & I drink a lot of tea:)

Reactions: 2
Looking for recommendations for at home teeth whitening products - I’m an ex smoker & I drink a lot of tea:)
Hi, I’m on Day 5 today of no smoking 🚭 (Never again!) I bought some toothpaste yesterday called iWhite it was only £6 in boots, I saw so many great before and afters. Obviously haven’t seen a difference yet but for £6 why not.

Also I saw a girl on TikTok who put hydrogen peroxide on her teeth with a cotton bud and said it’s the active ingredient in teeth whitening kits. Her teeth looked white in 3 days, not sure I’m brave enough!

Hi, I’m on Day 5 today of no smoking 🚭 (Never again!) I bought some toothpaste yesterday called iWhite it was only £6 in boots, I saw so many great before and afters. Obviously haven’t seen a difference yet but for £6 why not.

Also I saw a girl on TikTok who put hydrogen peroxide on her teeth with a cotton bud and said it’s the active ingredient in teeth whitening kits. Her teeth looked white in 3 days, not sure I’m brave enough!
you can use watered down hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash, that would work

Would you try tooth whitening at the dentist? I’ve recently had Zoom whitening (it is quite pricey) which also comes with a home kit but it defo works.

you can use watered down hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash, that would work
I already use that but didn’t see much of a difference even tried it straight... mines 3%

Would you try tooth whitening at the dentist? I’ve recently had Zoom whitening (it is quite pricey) which also comes with a home kit but it defo works.
I just feel like for £250 there’s better alternatives

Well done! I haven’t smoked for over 2 years. Yes I use hydrogen peroxide 3% and brush it on my teeth with toothpaste but it doesn’t work

I already use that but didn’t see much of a difference even tried it straight... mines 3%

I just feel like for £250 there’s better alternatives

Well done! I haven’t smoked for over 2 years. Yes I use hydrogen peroxide 3% and brush it on my teeth with toothpaste but it doesn’t work
Crest whitening strips are meant to be really good but I think they are difficult to get in the UK (if you are from the UK!) But I think you can get them on eBay

Yes crest are so good! Wish they weren’t banned in the UK as it makes them a pain in the arse to order

Reactions: 1
Did the zoom whitening hurt?

I had laser whitening about 8 years ago. Sheer agony.
I'm on day 5 of zoom and results are instant although my dentist says to not compare daily. I am very happy so far. The espensive bit is I guess the mould - once you have that you can order online! But so far so good. I have no pain. I use sensodyne daily tho. My friend who is a dental nurse doesn't recommend sensodyne with teeth whitening though because it blocked pores? I'm not 100%. She switched me to colgate sensitive so tonight is my first night of that.

Did the zoom whitening hurt?

I had laser whitening about 8 years ago. Sheer agony.
i also had no pain with zoom. The in-dentist treatment is slightly uncomfortable but not painful. I haven’t been doing the at home treatment every day (I don’t feel I need to, and only use it for “top ups”) and I feel no pain from that either

i also had no pain with zoom. The in-dentist treatment is slightly uncomfortable but not painful. I haven’t been doing the at home treatment every day (I don’t feel I need to, and only use it for “top ups”) and I feel no pain from that either
Thank you both. Would you say you have sensitive teeth?

Thank you both. Would you say you have sensitive teeth?
I definitely do. Been using sensodyne for 2 years now and it's fantastic (just not when whitening) you should try it too. I use the rapid one. It's got purple writing on it.

I really want to try crest whitening but have no idea where to get them from as they aren't sold in UK 😓

Crest whitestrips really work but can cause sensitivity. My mum got mine when on holiday but I think there are eBay sellers.
There’s a whitening kit on Boots’ £10 deals today. Mixed reviews but might be of interest to someone