Teachers - What stationary do you need most

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the past few years my kids and I have made little stationary pot gifts for teachers at the end of term and then add a few bars of chocolate or a foot pack and wrap it up with cellphone.

Teachers what stationary do you use the most or would it be good to have extras of ? Would you rather have bigger packs of basics or a few nicer/fancier things.

In the past we have done whiteboard pens, black biros like zebra ones in rose gold or nice patterns, pins, paperclips, A5/A6 notepads, scissors, mechanical pencils, highlighters, sticky notes, styles pen.

Extras we have done handsanitiser (pre Covid 🤪),Footmask, nivea lipbalm, bars of chocolates, nail file, handcream. Then either get a pencil pot or have gotten the patterned tins from £1 home bit and wrap them all up inside it and the kids make cards.

Teachers tell me honestly your thoughts and ideas !

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Honestly, I would skip the stationary and go straight for the pamper/chocolate bits! The stationary cupboards are always full of stuff and we’d get way more excited about some bubble bath or sweet stuff! On behalf of all teachers, thank you! You sound like a very kind parent!

Reactions: 2
Honestly, I would skip the stationary and go straight for the pamper/chocolate bits! The stationary cupboards are always full of stuff and we’d get way more excited about some bubble bath or sweet stuff! On behalf of all teachers, thank you! You sound like a very kind parent!
Oh I think the opposite! I always found any bath products I got from my pupils gave me skin reactions and although most of the chocolates were nice, there were a few duds that got binned. And I know you didn’t mention wine, but as someone who doesn’t drink I always had loads of bottles of wine to give away at the end of term that I’d been given as gifts.

I would have LOVED a stationary gift! Stock cupboards in schools I’ve worked in would get raided on a delivery day and then wouldn’t be restocked for months. I would have really appreciated Zebra pens as they’re fab quality and come in such fun designs. Nice, pretty notebooks would also be appreciated -the stock cupboard always had boring plain ones and no one wants a boring notebook!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh I think the opposite! I always found any bath products I got from my pupils gave me skin reactions and although most of the chocolates were nice, there were a few duds that got binned. And I know you didn’t mention wine, but as someone who doesn’t drink I always had loads of bottles of wine to give away at the end of term that I’d been given as gifts.

I would have LOVED a stationary gift! Stock cupboards in schools I’ve worked in would get raided on a delivery day and then wouldn’t be restocked for months. I would have really appreciated Zebra pens as they’re fab quality and come in such fun designs. Nice, pretty notebooks would also be appreciated -the stock cupboard always had boring plain ones and no one wants a boring notebook!
I totally agree. As a teacher who doesn’t drink alcohol or hot drinks I was constantly giving away mugs and bottles of wine. I’d have loved stationary. There’s some really nice personalised diaries around that would be fab and papermate ink joy pens are amazing. I would also have loved my own set of whiteboard pens that weren’t just black or red!

Thank you for the replies and ideas !

This all started when I asked my son one year what we could get his teacher and straight away he said whiteboard pens ! He said all hers were lost or running out and it would make her happy if we got her new ones. So we did 🤣👍

Reactions: 1
I’d love any stationary! Marking pens (we use green and orange at my school) I’m always misplacing them?

Reactions: 1