Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Fortnight came on the radio today, one of my dementia patients said “that’s the third time they’ve played this shite today”

this woman doesn’t know where she is or what day it is at any given time but she knows how often she’s heard Fortnight 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43

SquiggleWings

I was hoping to get a bit of help/listening. But honestly. No obligation to read or respond.

I’ll pop it in a spoiler so those that just want to stick to the direct topic don’t have to scroll too much!
So, in the summer of 2022, me and my fiance purchased our very first home. Then in March of last year he suddenly died in a car crash (he was the only one involved, icy conditions on country roads)
Honestly. Everything stopped. I’ve had PTSD, I’ve thought I wouldn’t even get to see this concert. It’s been awful. But I was going to see the show with a friend I’ve known for over a decade and her friend.
When he passed, I withdrew a lot. I didn’t have a great support network within my family. My mother just didn’t call or visit me. It was shite. I’ve since gone no contact with her.

anyway. The only thing (stupid to say) that has given me something to look forward to is the concert. Then yesterday my friend says she’s going the day after we go with another friend. She paid more than our original budget was. And that sucks because we stuck to that budget so hard, we could have got VIP tickets and been so close. But we settled on tickets under budget and further away.
and now I have to travel hours back by myself. When I thought we could be on the train chatting and being excited on the way back and reliving it.

I selfishly just wanted this to be our time, a celebration when it’s all I looked forward to when in mourning. And now it’s not. No one ever lets a moment just be for me. And I’m writing this in tears because I don’t want to go anymore. I am never enough for anyone. There always has to be others or more to do. And I feel broken. I feel stupid for hanging on for this.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

OtherMoon

VIP Member
I feel sick just seen a viral video of Taylor on twitter, 8.5 million views and rising, claiming she's pregnant. She's in her red lover bodysuit.
FFS this is a woman who has been open about her ED and how some pictures and comments can send her spiralling.
It's just all so unnecessary, she really is just a doll to some of her fans, something they can live through but deep down don't give a damn about her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Happy birthday to @QueenBW didn’t know whether to congratulate you here or on Niomi‘s thread, but either way, it’s heartfelt and I’m wishing you all the best 🧡

I can only repeat what others have said too, but being in the thread during a show is so much fun? I’m glad I’ve gone over to the dark side the Swifties in time for her European concerts :))

Also love how there’s somewhat of a pattern during every show:
- someone is already watching the livestream while most are waiting for at least TTPD
- inappropriate comments about Kevin
- discussion about screamers
- discussions about Loops in order to drown out said screamers
- where’s Kevin?
- who’s Kevin?
- lamenting the fate of Long Live
- toilet breaks during CP applause
- predictions and (affectionate) fights over when Rep tv is going to be announced
- fashion experts weigh in on the current rep outfit
- as the show moves towards the TTPD set people begin to panic over possible surprise songs, more (joking) fights ensue over people manifesting other Tattler‘s faves for the ongoing show
- someone counts down to their concert
- someone debates getting (more) tickets
- during the TTPD set everyone is once again in disbelief that all these songs are about Ratty, usually followed by Joe mentions, Travis who?
- almost silence during ICDIWABH 😁
- absolute pandemonium as soon as the first surprise song begins with dozens of posts from heartbroken UK Tattlers, curses are sent to the Swift woman
- more manifesting for mashups at everyone’s shows
- nobody watches the Midnights set

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Disaster has struck guys 😢 Bit long winded but bear with me please as I need to get it all out I’m going mad! Yesterday I injured my knee in a stupid tripped and fall down half of my stairs situation, knee popped and twisted the other way well as bruised arms etc, they think it’s a meniscus (sp?) tear/ cartilage damage, (i went to the local walk in centre as A&E was rammed) i’m now waiting for an MRI scan but could be weeks, as it’s not deemed as an emergency as they could ascertain I hadn’t broken anything and I refused to go to a&e, but I am on crutches for the foreseeable. 😭 I’ve contacted Ticketmaster chat this morning, they can’t change my ticket to an access ticket (if i went in a wheelchair with my crutches etc) but as I thought it’s all booked up understandably so. We are seated in the upper West Stand, any Edin Rugby girlies know if there’s a lift from the ground floor west stand to the upper tier? Maybe then I could manage the steps to our seats with my crutches, but they are far up :/ would I be mad to consider the length of this show with this painful knee?! I’m in flat out panic my dream is getting away from me mode! 😫 Eta — tried contacting Murrayfield today but their lines are closed on Wednesdays randomly!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
This makes me so sad. She basically an endurance athlete with how she trains and performs. She performs 3.5 hours multiple nights a week, which means she actually needs the endurance and stamina to perform longer than that. You don’t train for a marathon by running the exact distance, you train by running longer.

What do these yokels expect: to see hip bones and for her to put on this endurance feat of a show?? I’d like to see them get up there and perform fully every night and not show any exhaustion.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
So I thought my neurodiversity traits would make me want to smash up the beads and elastic.

In a strange turn of events Ive become hyper focused and havent eaten properly in days because my house is a bracelet making factory. 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Gals I think I’m changing my mind on trying for a last min ticket in Edinburgh. I could do it and my husband is ok with taking leave / looking after the child etc. but I don’t know I think I’m being silly. I’ve seen it once and feel so lucky. The social media frenzy makes you feel such serious FOMO if you don’t go / only go once / twice / whatever that it becomes a bit OTT? Like I don’t need to spend the money on it, live streaming it with everyone here is actually so fun so maybe I’ll just do that.*

*if I then message from Edinburgh saying I’m there, nobody is allowed to comment on this 💀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

JLXRD

VIP Member
She does seem very sad during How Did It End. I feel like Mattys songs are tinged with anger. whereas the Joe songs are just sad.

This is why I will die on the hill that loml is about Ratty. ‘The coward claimed he was a lion’ ‘a con man sells a fool a get love quick scheme’ ‘mr steal your girl’ etc. I don’t think she’s over her anger with him enough to be sad with him.

She doesn’t seem to say anything mean as such about Joe, just seems bitter that it couldn’t stay in the honeymoon phase forever and that she couldn’t understand why being Mr Taylor Swift wasn’t enough to cure his depression 😬 probs hits her more now she’s further away from it all too.

Travis should definitely see red flags all over tho. She’s not moved on from either in my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Trixxx

VIP Member
I don’t know how some of you make all these bracelets! I’ve done this and I never want to see another bead again in my life!
Its soo cute!!

I love making them. Feels really therapeutic for me. I just learnt how to do the flowers, takes ages but I love it 😊
20240528_153227.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

JLXRD

VIP Member
Despite having been a fan for nearly 18 years (I feel old saying that lol) I have never seen her live. I never had the money to until now. Maybe I could have done rep tour but I was then saving for a wedding. So it feels super special that it’s a tour of all her eras, getting to see all the stuff I missed out on ☺

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

SquiggleWings

I’m sorry I’ve detailed this conversation so much. Thank you everyone for your words. I may be a cryingn mess right now, but I really appreiciate it all

I hope none of you get Me as a surprise song 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 22

QueenBW

VIP Member
Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes 🎂!!

One of my friends gifted me the Black Dog vinyl! And another added a bunch of Taylor stickers to their normal (a book) gift. I keep joking that I make their lives so easy being a Taylor fan, so many gift options!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21