Tattle vs Instagram

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've actually considered having a second account set up purely as an experiment to see how quickly I would get blocked if I asked questions on instagram of some of the accounts. Nothing trollish. Just basic questions about transparency and the such like.
Well let’s put it this way... My personal account got blocked by Hinch cos I replied to comment made by some about Hinch getting paid for swipe ups! 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I spend more time here now! I have a personal account with family holiday photos and such like but just go for a snoop on accounts now

Reactions: 3
Yep, I only joined Instagram 12 months ago and got bored of it not long after. I still have an account but don't look at it much. Insta is very fake, phoney, boring, repetitive and cliquey. I only really go over for a nosey when something's been mentioned on here. You are not allowed an opinion on Insta where as you are on here, plus I love a bit of gossip 🤣

Reactions: 7
Yep, I only joined Instagram 12 months ago and got bored of it not long after. I still have an account but don't look at it much. Insta is very fake, phoney, boring, repetitive and cliquey. I only really go over for a nosey when something's been mentioned on here. You are not allowed an opinion on Insta where as you are on here, plus I love a bit of gossip 🤣
I dont comment as I know i'd be shot down in flames but I think the world of inst is warped, you cant voice your opinion without the hinch army coming for you and then those who do are called trolls!

I dont comment as I know i'd be shot down in flames but I think the world of inst is warped, you cant voice your opinion without the hinch army coming for you and then those who do are called trolls!
Yes to this! I have two inta accounts (and one for our dog, who has the only "public" account). I use my account for following family, friends etc and another for following the insta crowd. Really alarming how any dissent is slapped down and disagreement is not tolerated.

Reactions: 1
Absolutely! YOUR JUST JELOUS! Is also another favourite they throw out too. I've seen threads on here where people have had a difference in opinion, it's been discussed and then everyone has moved on like adults! I think the majority of Insta have lost a few brain cells due to all the cleaning chemicals tbh!

If you believe Mumsnet (which is how I found Tattle!), this is an uncontrolled forum for women who just want to slate other women. Not what I have found. I think this is the antidote to the glossy, entitled, non-questioning, circus that Instagram is rapidly becoming. I have found intelligent conversation, debate and disagreement. I hope it grows and grows. Mumsnet should take note - heavy-handed and partial monitoring is exposing you for the commercial business you are.

Reactions: 12
I prefer coming here, I've found some really straight talking people that can also see through the bullshit of instagram. The only thing I don't like is accounts coming here plugging themselves, gaining followers and being two faced. A few have been caught out doing it. I just find it annoying as some of us are just small private insta users who come here to escape the crap over there and speak as we find. But it's nice to have a place where people can come together and not be heavily moderated like on mumsnet.

Reactions: 7

Yel

accounts coming here plugging themselves, gaining followers and being two faced
Please do report posters that do that, it's obviously fine sharing IG accounts - but there have been some that shill their own account to an annoying level and have been warned.

I just don't use IG anymore, 99% of people that get popular are unable to say no to the freebies and cash to promote whatever comes their way.

Reactions: 6
If you believe Mumsnet (which is how I found Tattle!), this is an uncontrolled forum for women who just want to slate other women. Not what I have found. I think this is the antidote to the glossy, entitled, non-questioning, circus that Instagram is rapidly becoming. I have found intelligent conversation, debate and disagreement. I hope it grows and grows. Mumsnet should take note - heavy-handed and partial monitoring is exposing you for the commercial business you are.
Same. I only have one insta account (private) and only really follow a couple of people I don’t know irl. I follow these people as I find them relatable and able to give me good advice on things like money saving.
I don’t follow any big accounts or influencers. They are more salespeople than influencers. It’s their job. Most people nowadays fast forward the adverts on TV, don’t buy newspapers or magazines or click ads on websites, so advertisers need to make their money somehow and it’s through these so called influencers.

I find it a shame really. These celebs who claim to be influencers (reality tv folk) would sell their soul. They are selling a false lifestyle to vulnerable people and it’s sickening. It’s a full time job to them. Some are told when to get up, what to wear, where to be pictured etc. No wonder so many of these celebs have mental health issues / body dysmorphia

I am starting to drift away from insta because of this.

I like reading this forum to see others opinions and a healthy debate.

I am the odd one out, apparently, I love my IG people! I only follow a certain niche on IG and none of them have adverts, promotions or anything like that. I have found a supportive, diverse and interesting community on there, but then I don't follow the herd and have no interest in families, home style, beauty, fashion, pop stars, TV, travel or shopping.

Reactions: 2
I am the odd one out, apparently, I love my IG people! I only follow a certain niche on IG and none of them have adverts, promotions or anything like that. I have found a supportive, diverse and interesting community on there, but then I don't follow the herd and have no interest in families, home style, beauty, fashion, pop stars, TV, travel or shopping.
Ahh, I love my family one and my dog's page is wonderful!

F
This is how I felt when I first started using IG. Then one after the other accounts started to change. I unfollow now as standard. It’s the inability of some to be able to have a healthy debate on different views - without those disagreeing being called jealous or a troll. And also the sheer volume of ads/gifts many are undisclosed. And then there are those that follow along and get a taste of the gifts and beg. Oh man 🙄🤦‍♀️

But.... there are accounts I follow, that are not like this. But it feels like it’s the minority

And no pleasedon’t feel like you are the odd one out. We are all entitled to feel differently.

Same. I only have one insta account (private) and only really follow a couple of people I don’t know irl. I follow these people as I find them relatable and able to give me good advice on things like money saving.
I don’t follow any big accounts or influencers. They are more salespeople than influencers. It’s their job. Most people nowadays fast forward the adverts on TV, don’t buy newspapers or magazines or click ads on websites, so advertisers need to make their money somehow and it’s through these so called influencers.

I find it a shame really. These celebs who claim to be influencers (reality tv folk) would sell their soul. They are selling a false lifestyle to vulnerable people and it’s sickening. It’s a full time job to them. Some are told when to get up, what to wear, where to be pictured etc. No wonder so many of these celebs have mental health issues / body dysmorphia

I am starting to drift away from insta because of this.

I like reading this forum to see others opinions and a healthy debate.
Exactly how I feel

The accounts that I like to follow have all been corrupted, one by one (with a couple of exceptions) so my follow list goes down and down. I’m watching one I used to like turning to the dark side. It got quite a big following from being a very nice person with a nice renovation and then I noticed the fawning comments on the other accounts (even one gushing one on Mrs Hinch the other day FFS), now a couple of ads have crept in and they’ve started being invited to the opening of envelopes and I’m hovering over the unfollow button because I don’t want to know about the launch of another logo sweatshirt company even if they do #gift it.

Reactions: 6
The accounts that I like to follow have all been corrupted, one by one (with a couple of exceptions) so my follow list goes down and down. I’m watching one I used to like turning to the dark side. It got quite a big following from being a very nice person with a nice renovation and then I noticed the fawning comments on the other accounts (even one gushing one on Mrs Hinch the other day FFS), now a couple of ads have crept in and they’ve started being invited to the opening of envelopes and I’m hovering over the unfollow button because I don’t want to know about the launch of another logo sweatshirt company even if they do #gift it.
So many good accounts are being sucked in..... it’s a great way for companies to keep their advertising costs down. But that’s about it.... I’ve now actually stopped buying from some companies (small and large) because I really don’t want to fund these freebies anymore!

Please do report posters that do that, it's obviously fine sharing IG accounts - but there have been some that shill their own account to an annoying level and have been warned.

I just don't use IG anymore, 99% of people that get popular are unable to say no to the freebies and cash to promote whatever comes their way.
I’m beginning to wonder if “influencer” should be replaced by Marketer. At least it’s clear from the start. There is an account who marks the ads up well and she always says I’m an advertiser, although she has her small business doing something very different to advertising etc.

I’m beginning to wonder if “influencer” should be replaced by Marketer. At least it’s clear from the start. There is an account who marks the ads up well and she always says I’m an advertiser, although she has her small business doing something very different to advertising etc.
I agree.

When I think “influencer” I think someone who is a good influence; morals, manners, someone who spreads good etc.
Not someone who portrays a fake lifestyle that is unattainable for most people.
I don’t want these people influence my kids.

Recently a lot of these influencer / z list celebs have been posting about mental health awareness, particularly in males and looking for donations for charity.

On one hand I think this is a great way to spread awareness but on the other I would like to see how much they donate to the charity. They only seem to care about things like mental health when they can jump on the bandwagon. I would like to see them practice what they preach, especially in reality TV programs where they are constantly displaying unhealthy behaviour.

Is someone really going to take mental health advice from Arg from Towie or from Chloë ferry from Geordie Shore?

I think they should stay in their lanes and do what they are good at (advertising) and leave some things for people who can be taken seriously.

Well, that’s my unpopular opinion for the day 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I agree.

When I think “influencer” I think someone who is a good influence; morals, manners, someone who spreads good etc.
Not someone who portrays a fake lifestyle that is unattainable for most people.
I don’t want these people influence my kids.

Recently a lot of these influencer / z list celebs have been posting about mental health awareness, particularly in males and looking for donations for charity.

On one hand I think this is a great way to spread awareness but on the other I would like to see how much they donate to the charity. They only seem to care about things like mental health when they can jump on the bandwagon. I would like to see them practice what they preach, especially in reality TV programs where they are constantly displaying unhealthy behaviour.

Is someone really going to take mental health advice from Arg from Towie or from Chloë ferry from Geordie Shore?

I think they should stay in their lanes and do what they are good at (advertising) and leave some things for people who can be taken seriously.

Well, that’s my unpopular opinion for the day 🤦🏻‍♀️
Hi 👋 I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion. I don’t know if any of them have suffered with mental health, it’s one of those things you need to go through to fully understand the impact it has in someone’s life. Alternatively, working with a charity such as “mind” or similar would give far more support to raise awareness.

Advertiser is the way forward.

Reactions: 5