Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
New series, don't know 4/5 of the contestants.

Nice to have a bit of male eye candy in Mawaan Rizwan. Know nothing about him, but best looking bloke since Ed Gamble. Now I just hope he is good.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Final was a real anticlimax I thought, pretty dull episode. The rest of the series I enjoyed. Especially Marwaan, who was the only one I didn't previously know of, but some of his comments and faces were superb.

Looking forward to the Christmas Special instead.
I feel like a few of the episodes or tasks at least have fallen quite flat this series. Some tasks just haven't worked.

Mawaan saved the series for me. I don't think I would've enjoyed it at all without him.

Katherine just seemed like she has never watched an episode of Taskmaster.

The karaoke task was a real let down for me. I was hoping they would've at least made them sing Rosalind's a fucking nightmare (one of my top five taskmaster moments), since they didn't have to write their own song.

Next series' line up is another huge question mark for me. Lee Mack being the only one I'm at all familiar with.

Champion of Champions Special is back though.

mindlessness

VIP Member
I dunno about the decreasing quality concerns.

It’s been two a year since the second series, aside from the presumably contractual year gap between Dave & Channel 4 series.

I think there are still plenty of tasks from foreign editions which can be plundered and you can riff on some tasks from the early series to revisit as well. I think it’s noticeable there tend to be fewer tasks per episode on average these days, despite the show being 4 minutes longer (think that was what was said on the podcast a while back).
Yes I'm working my way through the Taskmaster AU series 1, and have watched the NZ series and there's definitely lots of fun tasks that could be adapted or inspire new UK ones.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I'm just catching up with this week's eps and I like the contestants this series but I feel like the tasks just aren't on the same level.

I know obviously if they're having to keep them in the house and distanced etc they will be harder but they just feel a bit meh

As funny as it was I had no idea what on earth was going on in the the task where they learned lines this week. It went on for ages and just didn't feel like a task.
That task was a waste of effort, I went to brush my teeth during that task, was far more interesting.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Watched a few episodes but couldn’t be bothered to carry on due to all the adverts but started to watch again since they’ve put the full episodes on YouTube

Watched a few episodes but couldn’t be bothered to carry on due to all the adverts but started to watch again since they’ve put the full episodes on YouTube
Just realised they have always been on there I’d just clicked a new one when I realised 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:

Morleybbz

I actually didn't mind Chris on the show, I'd been apprehensive about him on it as the SMA podcast has been a bit eh recently for me... I think I'll avoid his podcast whilst he's on the show so him and Rosie wont run Taskmasker for me 🤣

Listening to the podcast and they explain the extra duck! Was a task they filmed for COC2 where there was unlimited ducks, but they tweaked the task for this episode!

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I’ve not heard of any others either, but then I’d not heard of Gus or Desiree this series so that doesn’t mean much
Yea I hadn’t heard of them before either but liked them. Desiree downing that drink was impressive!

I’ve just remembered, wasn’t the second Champion of Champions supposed to be out this year?

Morleybbz

I'd read the spoilers for s16 and hoped they weren't true....

I don't think I'll be watching the next season live 🤷‍♀️