Tally Rye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is a complete hypocrite and contradicts herself. She was addicted to fitness and healthy eating. She has now gained the weight and all anti this and that. So she's anti diet but I just saw on tik tok a paid advert on protein yoghurt and how it helps her train! Complete oxymoron!

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 5
She did a post the other day that said "It's NEVER your fault if clothes don't fit".

I feel like this isn't a healthy thing to say ... ?

Reactions: 8
She did a post the other day that said "It's NEVER your fault if clothes don't fit".

Honestly she just makes me cringe. I listened to her podcast this time last year . She mentioned how she likes exercise for fun now and not serious stuff like weight training. To be honest weight training is highly beneficial over certain HIIT workouts. On the comments in the tik tok video she's got alot of abuse and fat shaming. She could definitely wear more flattering gym clothes. She's not unhealthily over weight but she needs to wake up a bit and realise that balance is the key. She totally contradicts herself all the time.

Reactions: 7
Been waiting for a thread on this one for ages! She's a bit like Irish youtuber Melanie Murphy- switches the narrative to for whatever applies to her. She gained weight so everyone else who trains for aesthetics is bad? I bet if she got back into weight training and her old physique would change her opinion back

To double post her advice is also terrible- she claims she does intuitive eating and ate a brownie for lunch. That is so bleeping unhealthy. I'm not taking about the sugar and fat content, more specifically she had it instead of an actual meal as opposed to dessert or a snack.

Been waiting for a thread on this one for ages! She's a bit like Irish youtuber Melanie Murphy- switches the narrative to for whatever applies to her. She gained weight so everyone else who trains for aesthetics is bad? I bet if she got back into weight training and her old physique would change her opinion back

To double post her advice is also terrible- she claims she does intuitive eating and ate a brownie for lunch. That is so bleeping unhealthy. I'm not taking about the sugar and fat content, more specifically she had it instead of an actual meal as opposed to dessert or a snack.
Yes I gave in to starting this thread. When I saw her advert on TikTok! I don't think everyone who eats healthy and trains has an eating disorder but that's what she's making it out to be.

I’ve also been waiting for this thread! She made her money and got her following from clean eating and workouts and now she has done a total 360 because she sees an opportunity for more cash and the clean eating stuff has fallen out of fashion. I sincerely believe that if she could snap her fingers, she’d go back to how she looked before. It just looks really really unhealthy, as lots of her weight is around her belly. As she regularly teaches spin, she must really overeat to remain at that size. I gained a lot of weight a few years ago and probably looked similar to Tally. I pretended I was okay with it but I really wasn’t and I was out of breath just walking upstairs. Thankfully I lost it - about 3 stone and I feel a lot better. On no level is it something to encourage.
Alice Liveing has dropped the clean eating and has gained some weight from when she was super skinny but she still looks really good, no visible flab and is clearly in shape and looks healthy. Tally has gained several stone in a short time frame, looks really unhealthy and brags doing little exercise beyond dancing around the living room. If that were my PT, I’d run a mile.

Reactions: 9
That peach outfit needs to be binned immediately! I’m a size 14 so im in no way trying to body shame her but I don’t understand how someone who usually teaches spin 3 times a week and does Pilates etc can look like that unless she’s binge eating. It’s as if she’s gone from one extreme to the other by being very restrictive with her diet to eating loads of junk. Where’s the balance that she always tries to preach about?!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I think she has always been insecure and it had showed. She always seemed to be envious of Zanna and Vic with the pretty slim blonde look. I do think her partner is quite hot though!

Reactions: 3

it’s not a healthy thing to say at all. People all need to take responsibility for their own health. No, I don’t think that she is at risk of obesity-related diseases (yet) but she is not nourishing or respecting her body by eating refined carbs and sugar instead of a balanced lunch. The older you get, the more excess weight will impact on health, especially if it around the gut.

It’s the total change that I can’t get over. So all those posts where she said she felt so good and her food was so delicious were a total lie then? She thought it was horrible all along? True, some of the stuff she made looked grim (chickpea cookie dough) but lots of it looked pretty nice and she was a healthy weight for her height. She kept saying she’d found the perfect balance, so that was all a lie too then?

I think she has always been insecure and it had showed. She always seemed to be envious of Zanna and Vic with the pretty slim blonde look. I do think her partner is quite hot though!
Yeah, her partner is really hot! I also got the sense that she never felt she lived up to Zanna and Vic. I’m not sure this new direction is the answer to making her feel good about herself though. There has to be a balance between excessive restriction and uncontrolled binge eating. As someone who has binge eating disorder herself, I worry that she’s going down that route. It’s just as unhealthy as starving yourself and no matter how much someone preaches about being ‘curvy and happy’, overeating is nearly always accompanied by feelings of self-loathing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
That peach outfit needs to be binned immediately! I’m a size 14 so im in no way trying to body shame her but I don’t understand how someone who usually teaches spin 3 times a week and does Pilates etc can look like that unless she’s binge eating. It’s as if she’s gone from one extreme to the other by being very restrictive with her diet to eating loads of junk. Where’s the balance that she always tries to preach about?!
Both those outfits look awful on her. Honestly she needs to lose a tiny bit of weight and it doesn't have to be abtastic. And also wear flattering gym gear.

is this the girl that used to do the podcast with zanna and another girl? I used to really enjoy that but now through tattle I see them for what they really are 😬

Reactions: 3
is this the girl that used to do the podcast with zanna and another girl? I used to really enjoy that but now through tattle I see them for what they really are 😬
Definitely! Yup that's her!

I’ve also been waiting for this thread! She made her money and got her following from clean eating and workouts and now she has done a total 360 because she sees an opportunity for more cash and the clean eating stuff has fallen out of fashion. I sincerely believe that if she could snap her fingers, she’d go back to how she looked before. It just looks really really unhealthy, as lots of her weight is around her belly. As she regularly teaches spin, she must really overeat to remain at that size. I gained a lot of weight a few years ago and probably looked similar to Tally. I pretended I was okay with it but I really wasn’t and I was out of breath just walking upstairs. Thankfully I lost it - about 3 stone and I feel a lot better. On no level is it something to encourage.
Alice Liveing has dropped the clean eating and has gained some weight from when she was super skinny but she still looks really good, no visible flab and is clearly in shape and looks healthy. Tally has gained several stone in a short time frame, looks really unhealthy and brags doing little exercise beyond dancing around the living room. If that were my PT, I’d run a mile.
I was in Tally's position this time last year and now I'm eating better again. I believe she is a total hypocrite. Alice Living still looks great and at healthy shape and weight.

Tally is obviously training but not eating the right food. I mean you can still eat nice and normal food it's just getting the balance!

Reactions: 1
I don’t think it matters about gaining weight but I think overall she just doesn’t look healthy. Her skin is quite bad, she’s only in her early 30s but she looks 40+ again like zanna trying to dress like a Surrey housewife. Just all doesn’t look good and the fat round the stomach like that is usually a poor health indicator

Ooh! She's at it again.
Weekend away with Zanna et al and she can't recommend it enough. We should absolutely shell out the £1650 for a weekend stay. It's so worth it that they all hopped on a freebie gifted pr stay.
Yes it has been clearly declared but FFS Tally most people are facing a cost of living crisis and the squeeze hasn't even started yet.
Who even are you these days!?!?!?!

Attachments

• Wow
I have nothing against her and tbh am more just interested in others’ views. I know she’s all about intuitive movement but reading the stories from her ski trip she also says she’s way less fit now and has struggled. Weight gain aside, surely losing fitness and strength is objectively not good? Ergo, intuitive movement perhaps isn’t all it’s cracked up to be? Or am I being harsh or missing the point?

I have nothing against her and tbh am more just interested in others’ views. I know she’s all about intuitive movement but reading the stories from her ski trip she also says she’s way less fit now and has struggled. Weight gain aside, surely losing fitness and strength is objectively not good? Ergo, intuitive movement perhaps isn’t all it’s cracked up to be? Or am I being harsh or missing the point?
I feel like she's lost her motivation and fitness. Probably because she chooses not to weight lift as she finds it too competitive. Probably scared she will get addicted again and trigger an ED. I know plenty of strong girls who are slim and healthy without ripped abs.

I feel like she's lost her motivation and fitness. Probably because she chooses not to weight lift as she finds it too competitive. Probably scared she will get addicted again and trigger an ED. I know plenty of strong girls who are slim and healthy without ripped abs.
This is a fair point about addiction / disordered eating etc. I hadn’t thought of that. In which case reduced fitness is the lesser of two “evils” (wrong word but you know what I mean).

I just thought intuitive movement was still geared towards fitness and strength, but I probably misunderstood it.

Whatever she is doing is not healthy. There is just no way it is. She did a reel where she was trying on old clothes and getting rid of everything that didn’t fit and most of her weight is on her belly. She’s in her early 30s and is looking at a future of not so good health if she keeps this up. Not everything we do is awesome and exciting or whatever but we do it because we need to, eg cleaning the house, brushing our teeth. Exercise isn’t always fun but I always always feel good afterwards. I can’t get over a PT saying she is sedentary and has lost fitness and that this is totally fine. I wonder how many clients she has.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.