Stuff everyone hates, but somehow still exists!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is WH Smith trying to be these days? Every time I go in there, they have travel toiletries, souvenirs, loads of food, magazines, overpriced books, and overpriced chewing gum. Some have electronic bits - charging wires and stuff. I hate it, too.
I think WHSmith is a massive money laundering outfit. It's just there, no one takes any notice of it..... :ROFLMAO:
The only time I ever go in WHSmith is when I need to use their inpost lockers to return a parcel :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
The WHSmiths near me are so run down and shabby, think duct tape on worn out carpets etc. I only go in to use the post office.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
The only time I ever go in WHSmith is when I need to use their inpost lockers to return a parcel :ROFLMAO:
My WH Smith is gone now.. and yeah not even missed. Why would you wanna spend £20 on some felt tips when the same ones are 50p on Amazon

Reactions: 5
bleeping pot holes - £789 they’ve cost me in two weeks FUMING
They’re so rubbish aren’t they. We’re in Bucks and it’s like the council set themselves a challenge to ignore them as long as humanly possible after sending you that infuriating “We KNOW” message on Report My Street . Absolute shower of thundering bastards.

Reactions: 7
The WHSmiths near me are so run down and shabby, think duct tape on worn out carpets etc. I only go in to use the post office.
Always I think of horrible carpets in their shops. It’s the airport franchises that must keep them going, surely. Saying that though, a do want to buy an actual book as a present soon without ordering online, so will visit a branch tomorrow. (Random thought, I miss Borders, that was nice with a coffee shop, comfy chairs and decent carpets.)

Reactions: 7
:ROFLMAO:

My mother loves them and I have my brother saved as that .
---
I think WHSmith is a massive money laundering outfit. It's just there, no one takes any notice of it..... :ROFLMAO:
There's a conspiracy theory about that. I do believe it as well. I thought they were cool because of the books when I was 12. My friend loves Jelly tots. I picked up a few before realising they were £2 a packet and put them all back. (Airport)
---
I wanted to buy the book "everything I've learned about love by Dolly Alderton".

Thank goodness I got it from the library. Couldn't even finish it as it was so bad. All she did was go drinking and party. Why is it so popular?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
My local WH Smith seems to be struggling to pay their electric bill it’s always bloody so dark in there.

• Haha
Gifts people buy you from their holiday. I have 2 relatives that do this. Thanks but I don't need a mini notebook with a picture of a city I have never been to, or some weird chocolates, or a bag embroidered by a local craftswoman. Keep your money pls.
I personally love international chocolates.
Headaches.

Turkish Delight. How is it still being made?! All the nice chocolate bars that have been axed, yet this one still remains 🤮

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Turkish Delight. How is it still being made?! All the nice chocolate bars that have been axed, yet this one still remains 🤮
Have you ever had pistachio Turkish delight (not the tit in the foil wrappers now, the real deal) - it's unbelievably delicious 😋
The rubbish sold in corner shops is but a shadow of the greatness of the good stuff!

Have you ever had pistachio Turkish delight (not the tit in the foil wrappers now, the real deal) - it's unbelievably delicious 😋
The rubbish sold in corner shops is but a shadow of the greatness of the good stuff!
Totally agree, I remember the first time I had it in the uk and was shocked Peter (or whatever his name is from.the lion the witch and the wardrobe) would have thrown his siblings under the bus for it. When I had the real thing from Turkey ir made sense 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Cremation/funeral adverts.

I was going to say adverts in general but cba arguing the toss today as there will always be exceptions. It's not a watertight assertion.

Reactions: 3