Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spanor511

VIP Member
Nah, keep Claudia upstairs but definetely sack off Tess and the singers.

Get someone in like Alison Hammond or Zoe Ball to replace Tess. Bring back Darcey for Shirley too and make Craig the head judge
Absolutely NOT to Alison Hammond.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Gio still is and always will be my favourite pro. I don’t care, none of the others come close for me 🤣 Really don’t get the Gorka thing, his arse is amazing but that’s it 🤣
I’d take Gio AND Gorka. Nikita and Vito can join in too.

and Nigel.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

shugabug23

Chatty Member
Ive just managed to catch up on the threads after a crazy weekend. Some of you might remember me two weeks ago suddenly deciding to have a party for my bday & making it Strictly themed! Well I thought since it’s quiet this morning I’d show you how it went off. That’s me in the navy sequin suit channeling my inner Claudia. And the Strictly pjs were the BEST.PRESENT.EVER!!!!!

On topic, I watched the show at 6am Sunday morning after everyone had gone to bed… I couldn’t wait. (Have had to watch again sober since, mind!) But I loved Ellie, Nigel and Angela R. My poor beloved Gorka will be home with the fam sooner than he thinks unfortunately!
And wtf were Tess & Claud wearing? Sooooo not fronting strictly on a Saturday look, more wine bar after work with the girls 🤣

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 35

pineapplesandcheese

RE Layton, I can't help but noticing that the contestants whom facebook brendas deem 'arrogant' tend to be POC and/or female, and almost always on the younger side. Can anyone think of a single example of a white man who's faced a lot of online criticism for being too good, too full of himself etc? I've only been watching since 2016 so there might be one I'm unaware of?

the negative reactions always seem to me a sort of unconscious feeling that the person in question needs to be put back in their place, so to speak. In the case of Layton people are definitely uncomfortable with the idea of a gay black man who is completely comfortable and confident being himself. He reminds me of Rhys in 2021 and Karim in 2019, both young men of colour who were called 'cocky' and 'too much' simply for being talented and enthusiastic.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Finally caught up what a bloody long slog especially when i couldn’t live chat along with you lot 😂😂

I don’t have much to say tbh other than wow Nigel I would do unspeakable things I actually had to rewatch his dance three times cos I couldn’t stop staring at his arms 🤤🤤 hope he doesn’t turn out to be a dickhead

• Heart
Reactions: 30

jfletcher

VIP Member
Nigel was easily the dance of the night for me and I am so pleased that Katya finally has a contestant where she can unleash the full potential of her choreography again. There’s no way she’s not going to have her eye on that final already and I can’t wait to see what routines she comes up with!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Bol85

VIP Member
I don’t really dislike Bobby myself & don’t know a thing about Jeff but I always massively respected him for picking up those boys & taking them right out the glaring spotlight being pointed at them when Jade died. He must have been offered money that would have set him up for life for photos & interviews with the kids. The press was rabid about Jade. But he took them & we didn’t see them until they could consent as teenagers. Maybe he’s a dick in all other ways but I’ll always respect him for doing that.

Bobby just reminds me of people I’ve met over the years who don’t have much going on up there but altogether harmless. And if it is a bit on an act, it’s also pretty harmless. Nearly everyone puts on an act on Strictly to some degree. The fake tears & gushing praise of people they’ve known 3 weeks is one small example 😂

Reactions: 29

jfletcher

VIP Member
Nigel's charm, Katya's choreography and their connection and storytelling is going to take them very far. And I sense that they're both so driven that they'll strive to nail the technique asap.

(And some criticism shifts away the ringer/too good early on criticism ;))

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
So, my mum can literally never get anyone's name right in Strictly. Already we had:
Vito - Vimto
Anton - Antoine (??)
Craig Revel Hall
Hamza - Hampstead
Giovanni - Givinchi
Graziano - Incomprhensibe. No clue 🤷🏻‍♀️

Add to this is now:
Luba - Umber
Layton - Clayton
Les Dennis - Les Dawson

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Who decides what the presenters wear?
I was particularly fascinated by the shiny trousers and weird, saggy looking top worn by Tess. 😳

Every time she reappeared I was thinking why...what...where...😁
I suspect there’s been a decision that Tess no longer wears evening gowns in attempts to add a more modern ‘edge’, but I’m not sure last night’s outfit really worked. The trews had a hint of ‘bin bag’ about them 🫤

That said, the fact the BBC’s prime-time Saturday evening flagship show was presented by two women wearing trousers (rather than ‘frocks’) is something that was unimaginable a few years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27

jfletcher

VIP Member
Please give a pay rise to the casting director who found Vito and brought him onto Strictly. He is delightful and him and Ellie are great together.

• Heart

BonBon27

VIP Member
I just saw a TikTok of a woman saying “This is my Roman Empire” and then the video was Danny Mac’s samba with Oti…..I wouldn’t say I think about it every day, but I’ve def watched it on YouTube more times than I care to admit. And their quickstep. And their jive. And their Charleston…..#dannymacwasrobbed

Anyway, Nige will prob win. I hope not because I don’t like a series where the winner is obvious from day one. But he probably will 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Who decides what the presenters wear?
I was particularly fascinated by the shiny trousers and weird, saggy looking top worn by Tess. 😳

Every time she reappeared I was thinking why...what...where...😁

• Haha
Reactions: 26