Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New Thread for Strictly Come Dancing, ready for Pro Rehearsals , Celeb Reveals and more Vito!
FCF8E357-1D40-4746-BD28-BD3DFFC9C3BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Someone the previous thread asked about how much Tess and Claudia earn - since 2017, they haven't published the figures as Strictly (and lots of other BBC stuff) got moved to their commercial production company (BBC Studios) so they don't have to declare the salaries anymore. But these were the figures in 2017:

It's banded but Tess was on 350k, Claudia on 450k (Inc radio work too), Len and Bruno on 200k, Darcey and Craig on 150k.

Interestingly, back then Zoe was getting 250k for predominantly ITT (plus I guess her Saturday radio show?). Based on her doing 2 days and not having the same clout as Zoe, I wonder if Janette gets that much more than her pro salary (although obviously working a fraction of the hours)

Reactions: 3
I don’t mind Craig or Claudia making lots of money, because I like them. The rest tho…

Reactions: 3
Ha. I am a university lecturer and we are constantly being asked for suggestions as to famous people with some sort of connection to the university or area who we could offer an honorary degree to - it's good publicity (generally) for the university, and nice for parents etc as the person will appear at the graduation ceremony. Though I'd much rather see Claudia or even Dave Arch get an honorary recognition if I were sitting through a 2-hour ceremeony, but I can imagine lots of parents were excited.

Kaidiya were at Wimbledon: Kai actually managed to look less than 40 this time, in a better fitted suit. Nads lovely as always: presumably stilettos are to her what flip-flops are to me...

Reactions: 4
I worked out why so my tour tickets were saying sold, they are the ticketmaster ones.
No front row left so i'm second this time. Wonder if it'll be slightly longer with 2 more dancers?

Ha. I am a university lecturer and we are constantly being asked for suggestions as to famous people with some sort of connection to the university or area who we could offer an honorary degree to - it's good publicity (generally) for the university, and nice for parents etc as the person will appear at the graduation ceremony. Though I'd much rather see Claudia or even Dave Arch get an honorary recognition if I were sitting through a 2-hour ceremeony, but I can imagine lots of parents were excited.

Kaidiya were at Wimbledon: Kai actually managed to look less than 40 this time, in a better fitted suit. Nads lovely as always: presumably stilettos are to her what flip-flops are to me...

Nadiya always looks so glamorous, she’s stunning.

Reactions: 6
Topless Neil being straddled by Chyna was not an image I was expecting in my lunchbreak. I need the eye bleach.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
IMG_9414.jpeg

Read this quickly and misread it as ‘my girl’s single now’ and had a panic about Tyler and Molly but it’s fine 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wouldn't have guessed Molly & Carlos to be one of the couples that kept in touch this long after the series.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wouldn't have guessed Molly & Carlos to be one of the couples that kept in touch this long after the series.
I would, they seemed very bonded as friends. I think that live tour bunch were very close. Love how Ellie Simmonds is still very much part of the team too, she’s just lovely.

Reactions: 11
I would, they seemed very bonded as friends. I think that live tour bunch were very close. Love how Ellie Simmonds is still very much part of the team too, she’s just lovely.
Ellie and Richie are doing Celebrity Gogglebox together (and not in a Gyles Brandreth new "friend" every episode kind of way). It's nice to see he got something out of Strictly after being shafted into a stupid onesie and spurned by sleazy Gio.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ellie and Richie are doing Celebrity Gogglebox together (and not in a Gyles Brandreth new "friend" every episode kind of way). It's nice to see he got something out of Strictly after being shafted into a stupid onesie and spurned by sleazy Gio.
I can’t help thinking that kai would have got far more out of Richie than Gio did.

Reactions: 17
The rumours thread on DS always makes me irrationally annoyed, some of them love to suggest the most obscure people possible.

Reactions: 4
I can’t help thinking that kai would have got far more out of Richie than Gio did.
Kai strikes me as the sort who would try really hard to give his amateur partner a nice time, and give them some fun steps and whatnot, even if they both knew they were probably going to be a Week 2 boot.

Poor Kaye Adams on the launch show looked 100% like she wanted to die, and could barely do a side-to-side shuffle for her introduction reel. And okay, she was still a poor dancer a few weeks later, but she at least looked like she was having a jolly time with him twirling her through some cute little kicks and easy lifts and drops.

Reactions: 12
Kai strikes me as the sort who would try really hard to give his amateur partner a nice time, and give them some fun steps and whatnot, even if they both knew they were probably going to be a Week 2 boot.

Poor Kaye Adams on the launch show looked 100% like she wanted to die, and could barely do a side-to-side shuffle for her introduction reel. And okay, she was still a poor dancer a few weeks later, but she at least looked like she was having a jolly time with him twirling her through some cute little kicks and easy lifts and drops.
I honestly thought they’d sail through a dance off against Matt as no doubt he did . Kaye’s complete shut down wasn’t in his plans.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.