Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Angela S two stand out dances would probably have been the jive and Charleston I think, both of which she has a) already had and b) got weird themes. I don’t think she’s the dead cert for the final I thought she would be, in fact I could see her being this years “shock” exit
I really want her to go far but I am biased because I love ‘your home made perfect’. I like her eccentricity and wish I could be cool enough to wear what she does (yes, I like the fashion)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm still holding out hope that the shock exit will be Bobby McArseflasher. Had enough of his weird behaviour and odd looking dancing.
Some people still seem to be holding onto the idea that he's a runaway winner which I don't quite get. Think the show are banking on him doing an emotional tribute style Couples' Choice but I highly, highly doubt he has the emotional depth to carry it off and would rather muck about doing Street or something.

Reactions: 11
Some people still seem to be holding onto the idea that he's a runaway winner which I don't quite get. Think the show are banking on him doing an emotional tribute style Couples' Choice but I highly, highly doubt he has the emotional depth to carry it off and would rather muck about doing Street or something.
There is a huge amount of goodwill out there for him though. I was listening to the Keep Dancing podcast there and they were talking about how the show seems to find itself in the tricky position of constructing a winners narrative for Bobby when he's a bit of a loose cannon and the partnership is hampered by height issues.

Current bookies fave is Nigel, followed closely by Bobby, then longer odds for Angela, Amanda, Ellie, Layton in that order (seems a bit mad).

Reactions: 9
Adam could perform the most amazing dance and I’d still be bored. He’s the only one I don’t watch ever. Not sure why but just couldn’t give a flying shite about him or how he does from week to week.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Much like Karen I think dianne has done street dance every year if bobby is wanting to pay tribute to his mum I can't see that being the best choice perhaps we will see a switch up to contemporary this time?

Even if he messed up massively I doubt he would get voted out more than likely we will see bobby sailing through to the final and potentially winning 🤔

A bonus would be no more moaning from dianne about never winning.

Much like Karen I think dianne has done street dance every year if bobby is wanting to pay tribute to his mum I can't see that being the best choice perhaps we will see a switch up to contemporary this time?
It would make the most sense but I just don't see Bobby pulling Contemporary off with how emotionally serious it is but also the movements would look awkward on a tall guy.

Reactions: 6
I seriously can’t work out why they paired Bobby and Dianne together when they have such a large height difference? Surely it would have made sense to have him partner with one of the taller pros? I just can’t help but feel it looks really awkward when they dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I seriously can’t work out why they paired Bobby and Dianne together when they have such a large height difference? Surely it would have made sense to have him partner with one of the taller pros? I just can’t help but feel it looks really awkward when they dance.
As someone said earlier nadiya would have been a better fit height wise but she's never had a much younger celeb( that I can think of) whereas dianne has experience being paired with younger ones who act like kids at times so does she.
I'd imagine nadiya wouldn't have put up with half of the antics bobby has been up to

Reactions: 7
Plus she blamed any negative feedback she received last year on height difference between herself and Tyler. 🤷‍♀️

I don’t think Angela S will be in the final. She’s so forgettable. I think it’ll be Bobby, Nigel, Ellie and Layton.

I don’t think Angela S will be in the final. She’s so forgettable. I think it’ll be Bobby, Nigel, Ellie and Layton.
Yes I find Angela S to just be quite forgettable/a bit bland- I watched her on ITT and she didn’t really stick in my mind. I couldn’t even tell you which dance she did at the weekend!

Reactions: 2
I think it was just a personality match and having seen how Bobby behaves, not a very flattering one on Dianne's part 🫢

I don't think he would have been impaired at all dancing with somebody taller and calmer though - not like him and Dianne seem to get on amazingly, is it?

Reactions: 10
i don’t get the continued narrative of “he’ll definitely be in the final” either. people having some degree of goodwill towards him because we essentially watched his mother pass away via okay magazine can surely only take him so far (and wouldn’t even take a female contestant THAT far).

that being said a lot of general voters won’t necessarily keep up with all the press or the social media around the show so i guess they’ll learn nothing more about him beyond him being a 🥺 lovely boy 🥺 i think he probably will make the final but, based on current evidence, don’t in any way want him to win.
---
There is a huge amount of goodwill out there for him though. I was listening to the Keep Dancing podcast there and they were talking about how the show seems to find itself in the tricky position of constructing a winners narrative for Bobby when he's a bit of a loose cannon and the partnership is hampered by height issues.
yep! i think they were hoping for a sweet shy young man who they could really attach that story too - rather than the slightly moody loose cannon he actually is. maybe he’s the mellor this year and will be the shock before final exit.

I'm still not sure if a deep dive kind of tribute would be possible with Jade 🤔

Obviously it's not going to offend anyone him briefly saying this dance is in memory of mum but can they really do a massive sob story/tribute on someone who is still seen as a very decisive character regarding the racism and bullying on TV that she is still very much remembered for .

Reactions: 9
At the mo I really don't want Bobby getting to the final. I was v much in the 'oh sweet Bobby's before the series started. Now I find him quite annoying and in no way a fantastic dancer. If he steps up a gear and starts to really knock dances out of the park, I'll happily change my mind.

At the moment I'd like to see Layton, Nigel, Ellie and Krishnan in the final. Yea Layton is a massive ringer but the partnership with Nikita is such a joy. Krishnan is by no means the best but he's putting the kind of effort and enthusiasm into the show that I really like and he's entertaining. Ellie abs Vito disappointed me last week but they are otherwise great and a charming partnership.

i can't get enthused about either Angela even though Angela S does have potential. Zara is a complete sweetheart but I think there is a limit on her ability. Cannot abide AmandA. Unless something changes pronto Eddie will be out very soon and well, I don't know what to say about Adam.

Forgot Annabel - meh.

i don’t get the continued narrative of “he’ll definitely be in the final” either. people having some degree of goodwill towards him because we essentially watched his mother pass away via okay magazine can surely only take him so far (and wouldn’t even take a female contestant THAT far).

that being said a lot of general voters won’t necessarily keep up with all the press or the social media around the show so i guess they’ll learn nothing more about him beyond him being a 🥺 lovely boy 🥺 i think he probably will make the final but, based on current evidence, don’t in any way want him to win.
---

yep! i think they were hoping for a sweet shy young man who they could really attach that story too - rather than the slightly moody loose cannon he actually is. maybe he’s the mellor this year and will be the shock before final exit.
I agree. I don't see any of them at the moment being the really obvious front runner - unlike other years. And nearly all of the potential finalists have at some stage been touted as the one and only, the definite winner.
But to me, as yet, it's all to play dance for.

There was a narrative attached to him, going in, because of who his mother was, and the fact that she died so young.
Of all the potential finalists, I find him the least interesting, I usually miss his performance by putting the kettle on 😁. He wouldn't be my chosen winner.

I want Nigel, Ellie, Layton and Krishnan in the final. I don't mind which of the four of them lifts the glitter ball,

• Heart
I'm still not sure if a deep dive kind of tribute would be possible with Jade 🤔

Obviously it's not going to offend anyone him briefly saying this dance is in memory of mum but can they really do a massive sob story/tribute on someone who is still seen as a very decisive character regarding the racism and bullying on TV that she is still very much remembered for .
Maybe he'd dedicate it to his dad? then his mum could be subtly referenced (no need to overegg the pudding - everyone remembers her - and it can be a tribute to Jeff for raising him and his brother. Like his NTA speech which went down really well. I'm seeing a contempowaft to Father Figure (though isn't that actually about sex? hmm.. Anyway, Gilkison will come up with something)

I think they may have got more than they bargained with in Bobby. I agree that they wanted a nice young man with an inspiring backstory and saw that as the ticket to a win, unfortunately they didn't account for the fact that he's painfully lacking in media training so is a bit of a loose cannon and can't handle interviews.

Listened to the Keep Dancing Podcast clip mentioned upthread (one of their contributors was trained in ballroom for a bit by Kai) and they were more or less speechless on the Bobby/Dianne pairing. I didn't agree with their idea that Dianne deserved a win (why her over others?) but they were spot on with his dreadful It Takes Two interviews (they said he was obviously barely listening to either Dianne or the host) and the height difference hampering him, and the show having to construct their dream winner's narrative out of that. Quite an uphill climb for producers and I think they'll struggle, especially when lots of others are good and popular.

Reactions: 10
Wouldn't be shocked at at all if Amanda actually got the the final ahead of either Angela S or Ellie. She's a huge Beryl favourite.

An Amanda, Angela R, Bobby, Layton final would be hilarious due to the sheer violence 🤣

Reactions: 8
I just can’t take to Bobby.

Nikita is quickly becoming one of the best pro’s for me - has brought a different dynamic to each of his partnerships.

At the moment my ideal finalist - Krishnan (love his enthusiasm) Ellie, Layton and Nigel.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.