Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gingeminge43

Chatty Member
Watching Helen’s dance tonight actually made me feel a bit tearful. Having found myself in a not dissimilar situation to her after many years of what I thought was a happy marriage and with a small child, so to see her go out there and essentially shout ‘f*ck you and f*ck your midlife crisis ho’ felt quite emotional.
To be a wife & mother and to be tossed aside like that makes you feel about as sexy as a sofa with broken springs and cat pee on it- so to go out and perform a routine like that takes some grit & courage and I salute her. And feel oddly proud and defensive of her, particularly when people say she doesn’t look comfortable. I would imagine her self esteem, like mine, is non existent so no she probably doesn’t look at ease.
I hope it has been cathartic for her.

Saying all this, I still voted for Fleur & Hamza because my 5 yr old is the boss. But my battered-sofa internal self gave all 3 to Helen for tonight. 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 59

LaBlonde

VIP Member
This is going to sound really harsh but I don't really care about Helen's ex. It wouldn't influence me to vote for somebody because I feel sorry for them
i usually hate a sob story BUT

her saying “you’re better off without me 😉” right down camera, black fishnets, gorka on his knees, looking 👌🏻 was a moment.

i have also had a few wines though 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’m blown away by Helen tonight. She really stuck two fingers up to her awful husband and his zip faced bit on the side.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Re: Helen- I absolutely wouldn’t vote for her just because of her husband, but he left her with a tiny baby and 2 other kids and then splashed his new relationship all over, highlighting very publicly that whilst she had been caring for their newborn he had been off getting someone else pregnant. He humiliated her publicly, tonight she got to (much more classily) do the same to him.

I’m glad she used her CC to do a great dance and performance, but also to dance on the grave of her marriage.

Reactions: 35

FatherJackHackett

Chatty Member
Tonight Helen told us all about her ratbag, scumbag ex without needing to utter a single word. Onwards and upwards for you my dear, you deserve every bit of praise you get tonight. Bravo 👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’ve got to say I didn’t find Kym Marsh half as awful as I thought I’d find her. I’ve never liked her but she came across quite wel on Strictly (shoot me now).

Reactions: 30

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I like Fleur and I don't really care if it's unpopular opinion - I think she's expressive when she dances, interesting to watch and has the best male partner. (Apart from Jowita's male partner Hamza, of course!)

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Vanelope

VIP Member
I voted for Helen I wasn’t even watching Gorka, he was a good footstool.

he has to stop thirst trapping for the judges - it’s tacky

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I proper cringed when Gorka ran over to Craig to show him his arse. Craig seemed appalled. And he can have a laugh. There was no need. He does seem to have got a bit too big for his boots. It’s about Helen not him.
Im a bit biased because I’m a massive fan of Gorka’s arse, but even I think that was a bit tacky.
I actually think that despite the outfit and the crawling across the floor, Gorka did make last night’s routine all about Helen rather than himself. For most of the routine he was behind her, next to her, or underneath her ( the lucky cow ).
I think the way he’s partnered Helen has been spot on - the difference between the first couple of weeks and last night’s dance is huge, and I do think that a lot of that is because of Gorka.

• Heart

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Molly and Fleur are gorgeous and both look amazing whatever look they are given. Totally sickening 
Fleur looked beautiful last night and not one movement she made was "manly". It's unfair to see knives are still out for her, especially now Helen didn't get 40 for her CC (or quickstep, so Helen fans are using this to ride the "We Hate Fleur" train even harder). As for "aggressive", I'm sick of seeing that word related to women of colour.

Also, I'm gonna say it - Molly and Fleur are both better dancers than Helen.

• Heart

Lostcat

Chatty Member
I keep cracking up over Molly, Fleur, Kym and Helen all sparkled and glitterised to the MAX, while Will is standing there like "Hello I'm your registered Gas Safe Engineer, could you show me where your boiler is please?"

• Haha
Reactions: 28

JCMSadie

VIP Member
Watching Helen’s dance tonight actually made me feel a bit tearful. Having found myself in a not dissimilar situation to her after many years of what I thought was a happy marriage and with a small child, so to see her go out there and essentially shout ‘f*ck you and f*ck your midlife crisis ho’ felt quite emotional.
To be a wife & mother and to be tossed aside like that makes you feel about as sexy as a sofa with broken springs and cat pee on it- so to go out and perform a routine like that takes some grit & courage and I salute her. And feel oddly proud and defensive of her, particularly when people say she doesn’t look comfortable. I would imagine her self esteem, like mine, is non existent so no she probably doesn’t look at ease.
I hope it has been cathartic for her.

Saying all this, I still voted for Fleur & Hamza because my 5 yr old is the boss. But my battered-sofa internal self gave all 3 to Helen for tonight. 💕💕
I'm in the same place *hugs* It totally rips the guts out of your self esteem and sense of self. Cheating is a form of abuse, and the damage it does cuts so deep. I think Helen is phenomenal to be so dignified, and her journey humbles me so much - I'm three years out from a similar experience, and my life/confidence/mental health are still in pieces. To go through it so publicly and do what she's doing blows my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

givepeasachance

VIP Member
Im a bit biased because I’m a massive fan of Gorka’s arse, but even I think that was a bit tacky.
I actually think that despite the outfit and the crawling across the floor, Gorka did make last night’s routine all about Helen rather than himself. For most of the routine he was behind her, next to her, or underneath her ( the lucky cow ).
I think the way he’s partnered Helen has been spot on - the difference between the first couple of weeks and last night’s dance is huge, and I do think that a lot of that is because of Gorka.

Yep, nobody was even watching Gorka in the dance, it was all about Helen.

I do get why he invokes rage in some posters, but look he has been with Helen through possibly the worst ever time in her life. He (and Gemma from the looks of things) have been supporting her, trying to not only teach Helen to dance, but literally put one foot in front of the other whilst her ex continues to be the gift that keeps on giving. He's the one hugging her, drying her tears in the studio, helping her through this fucking awful time, telling her she is amazing, that she can do anything. Looking after her, simple things like bringing her breakfast each morning.

And Helen comes out and dances like that. Gorka really does deserve a bit more credit than people just getting pissed off at his arse antics - that he can produce something like what we saw last night from someone who was/is at rock bottom emotionally.

Having been through a relationship break up like Helens, I know exactly what will have been going on behind the scenes, and I would have appreciated someone like Gorka having my back, wiping my nose and just being there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26