Steve's family vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s actually seriously bad that just because Sophie is off Lacey isn’t being "homeschooled". It sends the message to Lacey that in life, you’ll always get the same treatment/won’t have to work if others aren’t working. It may seem a very minor thing now, 2 or 3 days off before the summer holidays but it will stick in her head and make things harder down the road.

Plus I’d understand it more if Lacey had been given the same amount of work as Sophie does at school (not the same difficulty as they’re different ages) but she doesn’t. Plus wouldn’t it make more sense to match up her school times with Liams because they’re in the same year group. It makes me sad for Lacey really as she is being treated and basically told she won’t be able to understand the same level of work her brother does, when she clearly can as it was the same work being given to both of them during lockdown.

As others have said before, she just needs one-to-one, I know she’s not my child but I just feel for her being told and having the idea re-inforced she isn’t as capable for something she has no control over when it’s not true!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think it’s actually seriously bad that just because Sophie is off Lacey isn’t being "homeschooled". It sends the message to Lacey that in life, you’ll always get the same treatment/won’t have to work if others aren’t working. It may seem a very minor thing now, 2 or 3 days off before the summer holidays but it will stick in her head and make things harder down the road.

Plus I’d understand it more if Lacey had been given the same amount of work as Sophie does at school (not the same difficulty as they’re different ages) but she doesn’t. Plus wouldn’t it make more sense to match up her school times with Liams because they’re in the same year group. It makes me sad for Lacey really as she is being treated and basically told she won’t be able to understand the same level of work her brother does, when she clearly can as it was the same work being given to both of them during lockdown.

As others have said before, she just needs one-to-one, I know she’s not my child but I just feel for her being told and having the idea re-inforced she isn’t as capable for something she has no control over when it’s not true!
Totally agree with you. I have 2 adult children with ASD.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Steve will be glad of no school run for a couple of days next week! Then want them back at school by Wednesday and then moan the night before they are back about doing school runs again! He is going to need a lot more toffee nuts these next 6 weeks!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Steve will be glad of no school run for a couple of days next week! Then want them back at school by Wednesday and then moan the night before they are back about doing school runs again! He is going to need a lot more toffee nuts these next 6 weeks!
And the ironing lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3
He said in the comments that they are going away on the second 2nd of August, I am actually looking forward to the holiday vlogs!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Whenever it’s a weekday and either some/all the kids are off or Rachel isn’t at work, he just sits there all day saying what a strange day it is and how strange it feels

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Wonder if val and bill will be there on holiday this time. Think Steve takes val shopping cuz bill can’t drive right now

Yes going to Scarborough so not far from me (I’m York). I bet they’ll check out a day early and go home like they do every holiday!

Reactions: 5
If I remember right they were all sat together and Steve and Rachel were looking at a phone, the kids were sat talking amongst themselves with one of them on a phone and others watching whatever was on the kids’ phone. This was going back a few years because Chloe wasn’t walking yet I think. I walked past and did a double take because I had watched their vlogs for a few years but didn’t want to freak them out (well the kids really) because they’re a small YouTube channel. Now I think I’d feel fine doing it but I didn’t have the courage back then!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I dont understand why Steve is acting all lost and bored now that the kids have broken up for the summer holidays. He never did anything when they were at school anyway :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
Maybe Steve will go live now in the summer holiday or answer the Q&A 🤣

Wonder if val and bill will be there on holiday this time. Think Steve takes val shopping cuz bill can’t drive right now
I think it would be a mistake for Bill to go. Hopefully he is staying home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.