Start of The Menopause!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm on Northisterone contraceptive, don't have a break between each pack, periods very light.
However, end of January and February periods were very heavy, so bad in fact, soaked through to clothing, and "jelly" like pieces!
Had a GP appointment yesterday morning, explaining what had happened, and told it could be the start of The Menopause 🤨, kind of had a feeling it could be though, as spoke to a couple of friends about it.
Just wondered what others 'experiences' have been of this, or anything similar happened to them.
GP also advised that if happens this month and next, may have to look at other options I.e the coil, or HRT!

Reactions: 1
Yes I've had similar symptoms to you in the last 18 months or so. My period used to be every 28 days like clockwork but now they can be between 26-29 days. Start off really light and when they should be ending they get all "angry" and aggressive. I can only wear dark pyjama bottoms now and recently put off staying with friends as I knew the dreaded period was due. I'm 47 and know I'm around the age my Mum was when she started the menopause but I just thought (naively) that periods would stop and I'd have a few flushes. I turn into a raging lunatic a lot of the time though 😂

I'm in perimenopause and been on HRT for 10 months now. I'm almost 45, peri started when I was about 41, with very mild hot flush symptoms. About a year after peri started I did get a hormonal gush, I suddenly felt soggy, so I jumped up from the sofa and ran across the living room, by the time I was at the door I had blood all down my leg, right down to the calf. I didn't even know that could happen, I'd heard of hormonal gushes but genuinely didn't realise they would be so dramatic. I went to the GP to get blood tests, was told everything was fine. Then my symptoms started getting worse, I was getting more hot flushes, couldn't sleep properly and getting a monthly migraine. Went back to the GP, got more blood tests and was borderline for perimenopause but I demanded HRT. I'd written all my symptoms down and listed them, told them migraines were the most debilitating so they tried to farm me off with propranolol but I was firm and told them I needed HRT as the migraines were hormonal. Only had two migraines in the last 10 months when prior to HRT they were monthly. Don't let them fob you off if you want HRT

Reactions: 2
I didn't realise migraines are a peri/menopausal symptom. I'm 45 and had a migraine for 48 hours plus. Ive get hot flushes and my depression symptoms are exacerbated. What are the side effects of HRT if any?
---
I didn't realise migraines are a peri/menopausal symptom. I'm 45 and had a migraine for 48 hours plus. Ive get hot flushes and my depression symptoms are exacerbated. What are the side effects of HRT if any?
I'm 46!!! Not 45. FML, the brain fog is real

---

I'm 46!!! Not 45. FML, the brain fog is real
They can be. I always had my monthly migraine at the same time of the month, when oestrogen levels drop and you start producing progesterone. This is supposed to happen each month but during peri, you produce less and less oestrogen anyway so when it drops below a certain level it can bring on a migraine.

There can be a few side effects for HRT, usually similar to regular period pains like tender breasts or pelvic pain. I think there can be issues like DVT but my GP said that shouldn't be an issue as I was ok on the pill.

They can be. I always had my monthly migraine at the same time of the month, when oestrogen levels drop and you start producing progesterone. This is supposed to happen each month but during peri, you produce less and less oestrogen anyway so when it drops below a certain level it can bring on a migraine.

There can be a few side effects for HRT, usually similar to regular period pains like tender breasts or pelvic pain. I think there can be issues like DVT but my GP said that shouldn't be an issue as I was ok on the pill.
Thank you so much for responding. I'm going to have to go to my GP and insist on help. Last time I spoke to her she was reluctant to do a blood test because I was already of perimenopausal age. She recommended well woman vitamins. Basically OTC Menopause products.

• Wow
Thank you so much for responding. I'm going to have to go to my GP and insist on help. Last time I spoke to her she was reluctant to do a blood test because I was already of perimenopausal age. She recommended well woman vitamins. Basically OTC Menopause products.
Go in with a list of all your symptoms, even things you might not immediately link to peri, it had itchy shins and that's a symptom too. Be firm with your GP and if they don't give in, don't be afraid to ask for another GP