Star Wars

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Possibly on my own, but just finished watching the new trilogy and I think the prequel trilogy was better. Seeing how badly lost and alias ended I'm not surprised the jj abrams star Wars was yet another poor ending.

I can't stand when characters die and then come back, loads did this. And why when adam from girls gave her some life force to bring her back alive and died why didn't she give some to him?

If they had of cast a better actor for anakin in the prequal and not used so much CGI they would have been decent.

I wonder how badly D&D from game of thrones would have messed it up if they hadn't of been sacked chosen to walk away. šŸ˜‚

I'm not sure if I want to start watching The Mandalorian and get too invested as it might go to crap.

Here's my view:

Episodes 1,2 & 3 - only watched them once, never again.

Episodes 4,5 & 6 - excellent films.

Episodes 7,8 & 9 - 7 is ok, 9 is passable but could have been way better. 8 was awful.

As for Game of Thrones, don't get me started. The last season was a complete anticlimax.

Reactions: 1
I loved the original three, was obsessed growing up so when the prequal trilogy was released I was really excited. But I was really disappointed, the only highlight was when Darth Vader was created I've not minded the final three, but like you got annoyed with inconsistencies and I'm not a fan of Daisy Ridley, she has no warmth or character (loved Adam Driver though). I've enjoyed the other films too like Rogue One and Solo.

But I really enjoyed Mandalorian, can't wait for the next season.

Reactions: 2

Yel

Episodes 1,2 & 3 - only watched them once, never again.
I did think the same, but rewatched them again this week and didn't find them that bad at all. Most importantly they got better as they progressed unlike 7-8-9.

It does appeal more as an adult as it's a politics and trade, god knows why Lucas thought that would appeal to children. The senate was a cool idea, but executed pretty poorly. Lucas should have been under more control to pull it together and not do whatever he liked.

galactic-senate-1-retina_6fd9c560.jpeg

I thought episode 7 was good, then someone said it was like a modern remake of episode 4 with a female protagonist and I can't argue with that.

Love Star Wars, had the trilogy on Video Tape and was copy protected, in fact I had bought the enhanced version on VHS, sold them on Ebay!

The prequel trilogy is the dogs bollocks, however a little over the top production wise, I bought part 7, watched it once, game over!
I'm no longer interested in Star Wars due to Disney taking over and bleeping it up. I will be content with the two trilogies.