Star Trek

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me! 😊

From watching the original as a kid, & every series/spin off show & movie since, it's still my favourite & I don't think I'll ever get bored of watching.

Love Picard, TNG was probably my favourite over the years I think. Pretty dramatic 1st episode, especially for starfleet HQ! 😳

Reactions: 1
Me! 😊

From watching the original as a kid, & every series/spin off show & movie since, it's still my favourite & I don't think I'll ever get bored of watching.

Love Picard, TNG was probably my favourite over the years I think. Pretty dramatic 1st episode, especially for starfleet HQ! 😳
I love it too. Love the Original Series, movies 1-10, and TNG. Deep Space Nine is good, I don't really like Voyager. Enjoyed Picard season 1 but really disappointed season 2, thankfully ep 1 of season 3 was promising.

How does Beverley have another son?!?! Is Picard the dad, maybe Picard and B hooked up after Nemesis? But the son looks older than 20?!

I am a fan, but not of the new stuff. The first two seasons of Picard put me right off, so I'll wait and see if I may do a binge watch of season 3. It's had positive talk but it's only the first episode and usually it gets worse as it goes on.

Fave of the Star Trek movies?
Gotta be Star Trek 4 for me, followed by 2. Both amazing movies. Of the ones with the TNG cast, First Contact (8) is the best

Mine are The Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country. I have a sweet spot for Generations, but mainly due to the soundtrack: The film itself is pretty meh.

Of the new ones, I think the first one is probably the best but I wouldn't really go out of my way to watch it.

Mine are The Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country. I have a sweet spot for Generations, but mainly due to the soundtrack: The film itself is pretty meh.

Of the new ones, I think the first one is probably the best but I wouldn't really go out of my way to watch it.
I LOVE Undiscovered Country. I love the original series cast so much. Especially Scotty and Spock. And Bones is such a sweetheart.

Star Trek 5 isn't a great movie but has some excellent moments. Love the campfire scenes and the scene with Bone's dad, real warmth to them.

Of the new ones, I tried watching the 2009 one and didn't like it so didn't bother with the rest.

Ep.6 I'm really enjoying this nostalgia trip! 😊 little bit cheesy on occasion, but I'll forgive that as it's the final season. 4 episodes to go, I'll have some tissues handy I think...

Ep.6 I'm really enjoying this nostalgia trip! 😊 little bit cheesy on occasion, but I'll forgive that as it's the final season. 4 episodes to go, I'll have some tissues handy I think...
Absolutely loved the last 2 episodes, Ro Laren's reappearance was well done I thought.

Data and Lore back again...yaaay

I think I read this is the final season, but I'm enjoying this so much I really want a 4th.

OMG! Strap yourself in for ep9, truly epic, frontier day was a blast! 😳πŸ’₯

Absolutely brilliant & thoroughly enjoying this, such a treat - Make it so...Engage ❀

There's possibly hope for another season too! 🀞 https://www.nme.com/news/tv/is-star-trek-picard-season-4-in-the-works-3401574
The last episode I watched (8 I think) was really great, so lovely to see the TNG cast all sat around the same table again.

Please please please let that be true about another series, I'm loving this

I am a huge fan of the original 1960's series, and some of the movies that came afterwards. Every other series lapsed into moralising. I've never seen Picard, it looks dire.

I am a huge fan of the original 1960's series, and some of the movies that came afterwards. Every other series lapsed into moralising. I've never seen Picard, it looks dire.
It is dire, particularly the first two seasons. This third and last season is better but a lot of that due to the nostalgiafest that is the main cast from the TNG era all being in it and there's a lot of fan service, but the actual plot of the show is still as shite as it has ever been. Basically the galaxy as we know it is under threat from a big bad (again) and Picard and chums will convieniently save the day in 10 episodes.

It is dire, particularly the first two seasons. This third and last season is better but a lot of that due to the nostalgiafest that is the main cast from the TNG era all being in it and there's a lot of fan service, but the actual plot of the show is still as shite as it has ever been. Basically the galaxy as we know it is under threat from a big bad (again) and Picard and chums will convieniently save the day in 10 episodes.
You've saved me from watching it. πŸ‘