Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Aw it’s amazing that all the stars aligned and Stacey happened to be looking for a dog in the very same 24 hours that Donna had a puppy available that is the only puppy she has ever had that is actually suitable for a home with a wild 2 year old and a 3 month that breastfeeds for 23 hours a day and sleeps on a tray for the other hour.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 181

Piglet15

Long time lurker here 👋🏻 👀
Im one of those people who has tried to rescue a dog from this charity but has been declined because of having a child.
Money talks obviously 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 96

whitty21

I guarantee their response will be “this puppy was fine to be re homed with children under 10” ... even though the other puppies weren’t as it clearly states in their descriptions. Who ever decided that must have shit for brains.

I would LOVE to hear other people come out and say actually we applied for that dog and was turned down due to our children. It annoys me sooo much that there’s always a way out for slippery stace

• Sad
Reactions: 68

Quite Contrary

VIP Member
Need to do last few pages catch up from the last thread but OMG just fuck off woman, why does she have to paint herself as Saint fucking Stacey all the time!

Giving the impression of getting a rescue dog at a moment’s notice is just so low, instead of just saying ‘private adoption’ or ‘we’ve been planning this for weeks’… I’d genuinely have more respect for her if she did!! My childhood Mum/Daughter cats died within a week of each other at the start of a month… by the end of the month we’d got two new Mum/Daughter rescues from Cats Protection as the house felt so empty and sad! There’s no shame in it! But oh no, Saint fucking Stacey is only getting a new dog for Peanut! Argh fuck off!

Why is everything she does riddled with lies or some fairytale story! Living in Cloud fucking Cuckooland at Pickle Cottage 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66

Pandap

Chatty Member
“Live, Laugh, Love and Be Kind <3” :sick::sick:

Tenner says Donna from the dog place has her entire house kitted out in crushed velvet and diamantés.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64

MissPrint

VIP Member
It's also very convinient that Fin is nowhere to be seen on the social pages and website. Why wasn't he being advertised? Was he being kept aside for someone special? Or was he advertised but it's sinse been removed as the description would have probably said 'no kids under 10'.
I have confirmation that apparently ‘no one else showed an interest in the puppy SS adopted’ and it wasn’t Mungo, which leads me to believe this dog never got as far as being advertised and SS must have queue-jumped despite her childrens ages being against their rules.

I’m afraid that charity (which I assume depends on public money) has made a huge mistake. Followers mean nothing if reputation is ruined, as Elle Darby has proved!

If you are angered by what has happened you can complain to the Charity Commission who regulate all charities. Maybe they broke their own rules because she offered a financial incentive - who knows? It’s dodgy af and SS has made it worse by lying.

Reactions: 63

Beetlemania

VIP Member
I can't cope with all the - such a lucky dog posts....says who ? Being adopted by a z list celebrity does not mean that dog will have a better life.

• Sad
Reactions: 61

SunshineRae

VIP Member
So my plan for today, is to ring and ask to speak to Donna directly. I’m hoping she’ll be able to have a little chit chat, get to know me and maybe provide some dog bereavement counselling and suggestions. I’ll then see how often she is free to chat (seeing as Stacey has spoken to her loads in the 23 days since Theo passed). I’ll talk to her about my family and our requirements and I’ll await her phone call to tell me she has found our perfect match. 😇

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

Anotherdayanotherwalk

Congratulations to @redstraw16 for winning thread title

So after a fairly quiet few days where the highlight was seeing Stacey create the greyest room known to man as Joe's mancave, on Saturday Stacey started pondering whether they should get another dog.
In what appeared to be a blink of an eye they found a dog and bought him home in just 24 hours. The new addition Teddy may once have been Mungo or possibly Fin but either way Stacey originally posted in such a way that implied the whole "adoption" from the rescue had taken just 24 hours. After an almighty backlash where even the sheep are not convinced Stacey is currently rapidly rewriting her timeline....

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I'm not the biggest fan of ss but as someone who has worked with dog rescues I'm not liking the bashing. There ARE other dogs on this rescues pages who say they can be rehomed with any children. So to say there isn't simply isn't true.

I get that people might be annoyed that they feel she has jumped the queue, that may well be the case , can't comment on that other than to say times are tough for rescues so they may well have done so to get some exposure and build their followers up.

everything aside I can't be angry about seeing how happy that dog looks with Staceys other dog.
Congratulations, you have missed the point entirely 👏👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 57

Hollybush

Chatty Member
Let’s hope they don’t regret cutting corners when their child is mauled by the dog because it can’t take any more teasing from Damien Rex!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 55

Ooops26

The dog ‘Finn’ is obviously ‘Midge’ the sibling to the two already in their Insta page, the fosterer states about it having the same growth issues as the other two, that can’t be that common? If this is the case then they need to clarify why his brother and sister can’t be rehomed with under 10’s but he was ok to be. Also, that puppy had been in foster since early December, the charity would have known about it from the start (not from Sunday as SS suggested) as they would have placed it with the carer. All these lies when all she needed to say from the very start is that they are missing having a second dog so much so will probably rehome another and give it a nice home as soon as one suitable comes up, no shame in that in my opinion.

Reactions: 53

Ilando

VIP Member
Sadly this will really backfire on the rescue. They obviously jumped at the change to adopt to Stacey and bent their own rules. Presumably felt all the publicity would bring in much needed financial support etc.

Unfortunately for them, it’s just highlighted that once again influence and money count more than integrity and the general public can see right through the lies

Reactions: 52