Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

boredawn

Long term lurker, first time poster here.

So, I have a pretty negative opinion of the two of them, but I've always been a but reluctant to be too negative on the bloke because I'm not part of the disabled community. I've always wondered what the rational disabled community (ie, not the crazy cult like fans they have on their YouTube channel/comments) thought of Shane.

I found this video from a disabled girl which is very insightful, no largely lines up with my own opinion of Shane in particular.

Giving a quick summary of the above (and my own opinion) the girl Erica from the video talks about Shane's internalised ableism, and how he speaks about the disabled community and individuals.

She talks about his first book, which I have read, where he is downright patronising, prejudice and mocking of the other disabled people he meets. The guy claims to be an advocate for this community, yet in this book he literally mocks other disabled people for 'smelling like poop', being under his perceived intelligence level and generally just inferior to him.

For those that haven't read it I will give an example. There is a point where he mentions being sent to a summer camp for disabled young people. Upon arriving they are playing some sort of game where they are chasing each other with inflatable balloon swords - immediately he insults their intelligence for playing such a game, and strangely gets very upset that many of them are barefoot and showing their 'weirdly atrophied feet' (honestly, that's pretty much a direct quote)
He then goes on to boast how the camp supervisors immediately noticed he was on a superior level to them, and proceeded to engage with him more, giving him extra privileges such as staying up late with them.
It's literally just one of many examples of problematic behaviour in the book. To summarise some more: he mocks another disabled boy on his school bus for being more disabled than him/having incontinence issues and laments having to sit next to him on occasion during the school bus ride, his father takes him play disabled baseball, and again he is barefaced insulted at having to take part given that he is far superior, and my own personal favourite - him and a friend go online to trick a young girl into showing her boobs on a webcam by pretending that Shane is terminally ill and has never seen breasts before. Sadly that trick actually worked. He also talks about having the ability to mastrubate until roughly the aye of 14, which he admit to doing frequently into tissue paper that he would ask his family to dispose of under the guise of having to blow his nose.

I can't quite get my head around how this man has committed these opinions to print and still gets to call himself a disability advocate! It beggars belief... but essentially I do believe its internalised ableism. He can't quite come to terms with his limited capacity, so he has decided to berate others to lift his own ego. Its the exact same reason that he pretends to chug beer, bang b*tches and eat a rack of ribs each night.

Sorry for any typos! Struggling to edit posts on this and format my screen

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26

opalsunrise

New here and I finally plucked up the courage to join. I hope it's okay to post what I'm about to. Many years ago, I dated someone disabled. He was incredibly smart, funny, and I thought he was great. He became increasingly jealous, accusing me of ignoring messages, etc. All the while, sending flowers to work, mailing me gifts. (Love bombing) I started getting messages from his friends/family, saying they were worried, I was stressing him out. Nothing had changed in my feelings or how I treated him. I was confused. Turns out, this manipulative mf'er triangulated his people against me. I felt that the lack of control due to his disability led him to to manipulate people around him to do his dealings. Words cannot explain how bad it was. I had to end it. I was always seen as the girl who dumped the poor defenseless disabled guy.

Same guy did this relay thing where he was pushed in a race by a runner. I wasn't at the race but watched the footage afterwards. At the end of the race, he seemed like he couldn't breath, acted confused, and "went unconscious". He showed me later and it didn't look genuine to me. So I nicely joked, "What's going on there? That's not like you." His ass laughs and says, "I'm just giving the people what they want."

Taking care of him wasn't hard, we always had fun the way couples do. It just worked. However, the final straw was learning that I was effectively driven out so his relatives received his disability money. They considered that their income, their livelihood. After I "heartlessly" dumped him, I received endless hate mail.

With SMA and similar diseases it's extremely dangerous to lose weight and it can be very hard to regain. I knew someone else with a similar condition who lost weight due to a routine surgery and their digestive system wasn't absorbing nutrients. This person decided against a feeding tube because anesthesia is risky and they were worried about losing strength to breathe. Sorry this was so long... I can't stand to watch their videos because I think he's going downhill and they're both glossing over very serious risks.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
Does anyone else recall the truly horrifying tale they told in a much earlier video of the first night they ever spent together?
First of all it was in Hannah's family home. They stayed in some guestroom affair that had tis own loo and Shane claims to have consumed an extraordinarily large quantity of beer and wine. So he got white girl drunk the night he met her family - coz that's what real men do, right?

Anyway...he goes on to detail having to wake her up in the middle of the night to carry him to the bog so he could have a massive hangover runny shite and she had to hold him over this toilet while he literally emptied his bowels.

And this dear reader, they both assured the viewers, was when they knew it was true love.

They're fucking unhinged, the lot of them. The entire bloody family is a cesspool of devotee, scat fetishising, exhibitionist internet scammers.

1630731764739.png

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Gyvate

Honestly, I think these comments about her lady bits are unacceptable. So many women these days are self-conscious because they have bigger labia. Some even decide to go through with labiaplasty because of how terrible they feel about their labia. All because of comments like these coming from strangers, partners, families, etc. Feel free to make jokes about her terrible personality and life choices, at least that's something she can control.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

DoubleOld

VIP Member
She looks like an enthusiastic mom cheering on her toddler for pooping on the potty for the first time ever. Definitely weird af. I've never seen anyone look at their significant other like this, disabled or not.
I've been debating to bring these points up but here goes:

1. In the video with Shane naked on the toilet, including not wearing a shirt so we can get the full body view, Hannah puts her face down to toilet level, looks straight at the camera and states: "And sometimes I have to "help" Shane get started pooping if you know what I mean." Her eyes are absolutely glowing with that information and she has a very sick smile on her face.

2. In Shane's second book, he relates that Hannah threw herself in his lap and started crying that they could never be apart right after they had been to a restaurant where Shane had thrown up his half-regurgitated food into Hannah's waiting bare hand and then started crying because he couldn't eat. THIS was her epiphany moment that Shane had to move to be with her in Minnesota.

3. The first visit to Shane's house, Hannah talked about Shane's dad teaching her how to pass a naso-gastric tube up Shane's nose and down his throat so he could get his night feedings. This is a very uncomfortable/painful process for the person undergoing it, difficult to master for the person doing it, and, after several attempts Shane starts crying. There is absolutely no affect on Hannah's part when Shane chimes in that it got so uncomfortable he was reduced to tears. Just keeps staring at the camera. (The fact that these feedings were keeping Shane alive is conveniently circumvented).

4. In another video, Hannah talks about picking Shane's nose for an extended length of time because: "He had a boogie and I was determined to get it." Again, she was beaming as she talked about her success.

5. In the video where Hannah and Shane meet a mother with a toddler with SMA, Hannah picks Shane up, sits him on her lap like a toddler and gets on the swing and starts swinging them both. The look on the mother's face watching this is one of devastation; she actually had to turn her head and look away but before she did you could see her: "THIS is what my child's future as an adult holds? Being held on somebody's lap while they use the swing?"

I know these points are rough but I'm tired of being forced to act like this relationship, or Hannah, is anywhere near normal.

• Heart
  • Wow

boredawn

Thank for the recap of the book, boredawn! I never did read any of his books but in this forum we have certainly talked about the summer camp superiority, Shane’s disgust at disabled feet and a few other things but never ever have I heard about the webcam boob trickery. That’s just disturbing to me. The fact that he did it is one thing. I know teens do stuff like that. The fact that he brags about it years later in a book is just too much.

Same goes for the masturbation story. I don’t think Shane ever had enough hand coordination and motor skills to get into his own pants/diaper, but whether the story is true or not, he thought enough of it to put it in a book. Handing your unsuspecting mom an ejaculate filled tissue is just really fucked up. The fact that he tells the story like it’s funny just shows who he is.

I found a very old video of Shane and his cousin making a silly vlog. In it, they are pretending that they’re interviewing various businesses people for the non profit. Shane pretends he has to pee and asks the pretend business person if they have a funnel. Sarah chimes in and asks if the person is comfortable changing an adult diaper. Take a look. The video is only 5 minutes. The diaper comment is between 1:40-2:00. I knew the little fucker wore diapers.

No problem at all all. I had been meaning to post about all the above for a while, but like I said I felt a bit uncomfortable until I heard someone from the disabled community having the same reservations.

I feel similar to you - the boob and mastrubation stories had me a little uncomfortable, but I also do appreciate that he is a human teenage boy with all the normal uncontrollable hormones and far less capacity to address them that able bodied teenagers. However, the tone which he talked about them just left me feeling a little uncomfortable. Particular the boob story - it was just narrated so casually that I was bit taken aback like, Jesus does this boy know he took part in online exploitation of a young girl. He narrates it like teenage tomfoolery, which is it, ( I am not saying he is some kind of sexual predator ) but it also seemed to expose to me that while he want none of the negative connotations/circumstances or his disability, he is perfectly happy to indulge in the advantages is affords him. The same for the ejaculated story - I completely understand the difficult situation he was in because of raging hormone and reduced ability to release these with other females like most other young men, but it seems to me he just puts this really intimate information out to the universe with zero consideration for his carers and the impact it would have one them. Of course a repressed young man with the ability to self satisfy with do that, and that's 100% natural and nothing shameful, but sharing the intimate details of the aftermath just felt disrespectful to his carers in my opinion - it's enough to say that you had the ability to masturbate, you don't need to go into the details.

To me it's indicative of the way Shane lives his life: riding on the wave of attention, sympathy and leeway he gets from his disability, whilst aggressively posturing to anyone who dares question his ability or partakes on his version of 'ableism'. Again, the bloke has been dealt a very difficult hand in life, and it is to be commended that he hasn't laid down and been defeated by his physical limitations .... but I think it speaks massively of his character that despite him having the feel good story of the millennium, many of us still find his character and actions to be problematic. Honestly, when I look at this objectively I wonder to myself 'how can I dislike a man who has overcome such adversity?' - it goes against everything in my character to dislike someone like this, yet still I find myself constantly anguished by the vlog when I watch it.

One of my massive problems is the disingenuity of their coverage of his ability and caring regime. When you see Shane's early videos ( the my last days one) he is very open about needing care with almost every aspect of his day to day living. Now we hear him and Hannah screaming to the rooftops about how independent he is. I asked myself 'why does this bother you, who is he hurting by lying to himself and others? And, then I realised just how damaging his material can be. I cannot tell you the countless of times I have read comments from fellow disabiled people who not only worship the ground they walk on, but negatively compare their own capacity and lifestyle with the totally contrived and fantasy lifestyle that him and Hannah present. I have read disabled people pull themselves to bits in the comments because they aren't as positive as Shane, and similarly carers who are honest about having moments of carers burnout, but feel incredible guilt because hannah presents herself as completely unaffected by the responsibility of Shane's care. They present a fairy tale, which is fine if its not hurting anyone, but real people are getting hurt by this. Thus is before I even talk about the vast financial gain they reap because of this.

God, I could go on but I better not. The only other thing I will add is I agree with everyone else that Shane's condition seems to be going rapidly downhill, and I find it very odd that they seem to be doing anything and everything to avoid addressing this. It makes me worry that the situation is quite serious and unchangeable, so they are just doing things on their own terns while they still can

• Heart

SmallWonder

VIP Member
1632258988324.png

Here's proof that all of the fancy and huge meals S and G present on their channel are just for show and that Shane can't eat them. If he can't eat a sliver of peeled apple, he sure as hell can't eat lobster, beef rouladen, sushi etc. They're liars.

Reactions: 21

SmallWonder

VIP Member
I love how Hannah flatly narrates their wedding video. No authentic emotion or happiness - just a big business project and bad acting!
Ok, I know everyone is different, but calling this relationship a "fairytale"? Lol. A Walmart-chic Amazonian college swimmer marrying a bratty, big mouthed, condescending, gurgling potato-headed tadpole "author" whose diaper she changes. So dreamy...I'm so jealous that Hannah is living happily ever after! Whoever said their photo ops look like stock photos was 100% correct. Full of stiff virtue signalling, not romance. That, and Make a Wish Foundation for adults vibes, as I believe DoubleOld has said pages ago. Meredith also sits on Hannah's lap so Shane shouldn't think he's special. Hannah and Meredith's faces light up together and they have physical chemistry, whereas Shane looks like Hannah's son or her wooden ventriloquist dummy.
:ROFLMAO: hahaha Cattycat79! She definitely poses with him like a detached celebrity at a Make A Wish photo op- the celebrities all have this hesitant/impatient look that I always see in Hannah. I keep waiting for a nurse to come out to collect him and say, "Thanks so much, Hannah, this meeting means a lot to him- your driver is here." Yeah, this isn't a fairy tale- it's a closeted grifter opportunist marrying a narcissistic Napoleon complex guy who will stop at nothing to exploit his disability and her body for money. I truly believe that Hannah will come out some day- a person can only live a lie for so long at the expense of missing the happiness of living an authentic and out life. Hannah reminds me of my ex-cousin in law who I suspected was a closeted lesbian marrying my male cousin for cover. I remember going to their housewarming party as a kid and noticing her detachment towards him with half hearted hugs and quick peck kisses contrasted by the magnetism and joy towards her best girl friend. I walked around their house feeling something was off about the newlyweds and saw that a door opening was slightly ajar and I peered through and saw her making out with her best girl friend on the guest bed! I truly think that she wanted to be caught in the lie that day. I told my family on the way home and we decided to keep my story a secret and that the truth would come out on its own soon. My ex-cousin in law came out and asked for a divorce less than a year later. Bottom line is, I'm straight, but my gaydar is top-notch and I 100% think that Hannah is closeted and in love with Meredith.

• Heart

RachRN86

VIP Member
I discovered s&g when I was dating a man with t2sma. They painted it to be all roses and unicorns and it just isn't. There are so many challenges and they genuinely made me feel like an awful person for deciding it was something I couldn't cope with. I am a nurse and a single mother I didn't need an extra person to care for. The biggest challenge was sex and due to the contraction of limbs and curved spine etc it was pretty.mucu impossible. If have more respect for them if they actually discussed the reality and issues instead of being passive aggressive and lying

• Heart

Jbogie

Chatty Member
Another thing that makes me cringe is how Shane absolutely loves when Hannah tells a story about him or when she tells the audience something that Shane said. He actually stops short of saying whatever it is himself and wants her to do it so he can relish in the moment where he gets to experience his perceived wit as a 3rd party observer. He gets a big stupid grin on his face and closes his eyes while he listens. He really is sick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Cattycat79

Chatty Member
It's apparently $50K out of pocket. After several insufferable public tantrums (like in the article posted below) and an appeal, they got it fully covered in Oct 2020. In this article, they go on and on about all the things Shane needs it for and how Hannah deserves to have her own life and go to graduate school...only for it to be uncharged and collecting dust somewhere in their mansion.

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8569569/amp/Wheelchair-bound-man-slams-insurance-company-rejected-claim.html

• Sad

DoubleOld

VIP Member
No one normal would get drunk the first night of meeting their girlfriends parents that’s just so disrespectful especially if you are at their house then again shane is rude and obnoxious and the world revolves around him
Shane also talked about how he knew he was getting drunk at that dinner because he made an overtly sexual "joke" which "shocked everyone at the table." This was said in a bragging way. You know, how a seventh-grader (12-13 years old) would think.

But, he supposedly gets a pass, because he has a degenerative disease? No one is holding him accountable for his behavior. Just like no one is holding Hannah accountable for hers. They're like two children playing dress-up.

I include Liz in this mess. Where's HER accountability as a parent? I mean this as a serious question.

• Heart

Peraweila

Thread title explanation and partial prior thread recap -
For those that are new or haven't been here in a long while:
Saucy and Gramps are permutations of Squirmy & Grubs, the nicknames Shane and Hannah supposedly gave each other. As for JamaicanPain:

Read this (only the parts about JamaicanRain)
then...
Read this

A few highlights:
Shane is deteriorating/dying and Hannah and him are pretending he is okay. He is getting thinner and looking worse and using filters to hide the decay that was seen before filters. He seems to put food in his mouth for the taste or for posturing and someone takes the food out of his mouth before he can choke on a crumb, which they try to hide with stories of food consumption as the camera pans around food or the video has editing cuts. He survives on pureed food and shakes while pretending on camera he eats a little of the food served to him but he obviously needs a feeding tube and other medical equipment. Most people hear that his speech is deteriorating but his fans say his speech is getting better but many fans may be robots or hired commenters from Asia and other continents. On that note JamaicanRain seems to be a real commenter which makes JamaicanPain all the more welcome as a perfect parody or foil.
People discussed Hannah's family that does not appear on camera and why they do not seem to be helping Shane and how Shane's mother acts unhappy or distant toward Hannah. People have said how Shane parents likely have no choice but to watch Shane deteriorate before their eyes but some think they are happy to wash their hands of daily care.
It has also been discussed whether Hannah is denying him of his needs or abusing him or if Shane is exercising his free will and refusing to use his equipment that would help prolong his life.
Their wedding reception will be small "because of people not vaccinated" and not recorded, which would control any narrative that they don't want to get out. They lost fans because of not inviting the unvaccinated but their subscriber number was not affected. The Q&A for this video once again highlighted how willing fans are to shower them with gifts and money.
Hannah's sexual preferences and possible disabilities have also been discussed. The amount of work Liz puts in with Shane was also discussed and everyone has their own opinions about these topics.
Shane in written posts and comments continues to make himself look grandiose and talk down or rudely to fans.
Many noticed Hannah is getting more and more annoyed with Shane and not hiding it.
You are urged to look up videos critical of the relationship. Most of them are well put together and informative or at worst are hilarious.

• Heart

DoubleOld

VIP Member
Well they finally addressed his weight in the new video. Or lack of it. They seem so shocked. Surely monitoring him regularly would be a wise thing to do. Not just wait until he's at the doctor's however many months down the line. It isn't like he's got much to play with. Guess all those wine, beers, fancy giant meals out and hello fresh dinners weren't hitting the spot eh? I won't comment on the rest of the video but there was a post from a subscriber saying she was shocked at Shane at 2.42 as he seems genuinely angry. So does Hannah at that point. I didn't catch Shane's attitude the first time but going back his mask seems to slip.
Hold up now: The doctors have always monitored Shane's weight because they do not want him going under a certain number. Things can get dangerous quite quickly and affect his bodily organs if his weight gets too low. He even shows a picture of himself at a dangerously low weight when he was in high school, in one of his books when the doctors told him he MUST gain. Point is, this is NOT a new issue.

I have always assumed that Liz and Hannah had a special scale to weigh Shane on since his weight is so integral to his health. You know, SOMEWHERE in that mansion among the chef's grade kitchens and the two luxury grade master bedrooms. Now I feel stupid. If they had had such a scale, they would have filmed Shane being weighed (completely naked) by Hannah i(n a bikini 5 sizes too small.) TITLE: "How Much Does Baby Shane Weigh?"

So we've got pressure sores, rotten teeth needing surgery, arthritis L shoulder from not being turned enough during the night and now this: Dangerous weight loss due to malnutrition.

WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

But, no, instead let's do a stupid sock challange, let's push Shane into restaurants where he can't possible eat, let's buy a mult-level mansion that he'll never be able to fully access, let's buy a huge pool where, in the blink of an eye, he could overturn and swallow just enough pool water to kill him, at all costs keep our Hello Fresh sponsorship intact and never stop LAUGHING because that will affect their LAUGHING at My Nightmare Brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Veganarchist

Did they sing the song? I can't imagine Shane singing anything
No idea. Can’t face watching 😬😳

Agreed yeah but most with SMA will refuse those types of treatments and want to be lifted … seems his family set him up to have all of these conveniences for his carers removed… he spreads the message he is not a burden… it is as discussed dangerous of him and Hannah to downplay caregiver stress and burn out by everyday saying his care is second nature to her. She is a young fit athlete but to an aging parent with long term back pain this would be a huge struggle. There are a lot of flaws with the message that the channel puts out there
Agree. I find the whole thing kind of unhelpful to anyone disabled. He also seems kind of biased to non-disabled people in the way he parades her “normal” body like some sort of prize he caught. I don’t know..I don’t like his vibe. He seems kind of sleazy with her. If my partner made public jokes about me being on porn sites we would be having a serious discussion but she just laughs it off 😨

• Heart

boredawn

Had to laugh at the 'censored' version of their life they presented even in the stupid 'The Popping' video. My favourite non realities was Shane offerering to make Hannah a cup of tea when he has expressed he can't switch from his wheelchair controls to the Jaco arm controls without assistance, making that simple act completely implausible, or Hannah saying she's going yo bed and leaving Shane up... er, well he ain't putting himself to bed unless he is sleeping on the wheelchair, or hannah asking Shane if he has eaten that day... well, he didn't make himself a sandwich doll, so have you fed him?

It's horrid to point out, because I genuinely feel bad for Shane that he has that little capacity, but ultimately it just shows how they ignore the realities of Shane's caring needs and how desperate he is to present himself as more able than he really is. I honestly found it so strange they would include stuff like that in the video, but it just goes to show how gulliable they think their viewers are.

• Heart

Handi

I struggle with this too. Deep down i really feel bad for the guy he got dealt a terrible hand in life but its no excuse to act how he does. And Hannah is fair game imo shes just too effin weird
Yeah the disease does suck, one day you can feed yourself and within a year you won't be able to but like you said its no excuse for how he acts. I was dealt the exact same hand and don't act anywhere near like he does. He's entitled, manipulative, and looks down on the disabled community as if he's superior. idk why any disabled people look up to him and this fairy tale he's made up. Definitely doesn't send the right message.

• Heart
  • Sad

Cattycat79

Chatty Member
Ha, that's a new one. Usually it's because they "forgot" to charge it. They had a huge tantrum over it to get one, now the novelty has worn off. Hannah is too lazy to charge and install it, and Shane prefers to have everyone wait on him. If he can wait this long, he doesn't want it. The classy thing to do would be to say it wasn't the right fit for Shane and to donate it to someone who'll appreciate the additional independence it'll give them.

• Heart

Jbogie

Chatty Member
Putting aside all the other ridiculousness of this whole situation, I noticed Hannah outed herself about another lie. In their first video when they click baited the weight loss and continued to just do a video about socks, Hannah said Shane was too upset to talk or film and they would do it another time. Yet in this latest video she says we thought you'd lost a bit but we didn't know how much, NOT UNTIL TODAY WHEN YOU WERE WEIGHED. So they clearly came straight back home and made this video on the same day as the appointment but dragged it out and managed to get yet another video with the same oh no weight loss click bait title. Shane wasn't too upset after all.
I noticed that too. I think they already had the sock video done and it was easy for them to throw in the tease at the beginning. They’ll never turn down a good clickbait opportunity.

I’m also noticing a pattern where they are asking for comments on videos that are sponsored by a company. They do this to show future sponsors how engaged their audience is, thus being able to negotiate top dollar. Their little minions fall for it every time. I just don’t understand why their fans don’t see through it.

SmallWonder

VIP Member
I just don't buy the fact that Hannah's parents were completely on board without any hesitations about Hannah becoming Shane's full time caretaker/girlfriend. Regardless of love or whatever was felt at the beginning, you'd think the parents would at the very least enroll her in school for home aid classes or Red Cross CPR training before becoming a full time caretaker. I don't know which set of parental decisions confuses me more- Shane's for putting his life in Hannah's hands or Hannah's parents for not recognizing Hannah's complete incompetence in caring for herself on a daily basis let alone caring for Shane. To put it bluntly, Shane's too self conscious and cheap to meet and hire a part time caretaker to help him, yet is perfectly fine having his mother in law occasionally undress him and hold his dick to pee- I just don't understand his boundaries and thought processes.

• Heart