“Spiking” in bars and clubs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen this on the NHS Grampian website:

“I would like to remind everyone, that it is extremely rare to contract HIV or Hepatitis from a needle stick injury.” They can give you “HIV and Hepatitis B Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP). PEP for HIV is a medication that prevents the transmission of HIV which should be taken as soon as possible, but it can be taken up to 72 hours after exposure.”

I think this kind of thing is really reassuring and what the public need to hear.

However, they recommended these “simple ways to have a safe night out”:

Monitor your alcohol intake and stay in control
Stay together with friends
Have plans for getting out/home
Make sure your phone is charged

Like no tit sherlock 🙄 as if 99% of women on nights out don’t abide by these “simple” (that’s generous) rules already

Reactions: 8
I don’t know about the UK and how possible it would be there but it is 100% possible to spike through injection.
There was a phase of similar happening when I was in college. No reason behind it, none of them were ever assaulted, but it definitely happened. It wasnt ever taken that seriously by anyone though. It was sorta one of those ‘boogeyman’ type stories that at the time, nobody really took seriously until it happens more. They caught a guy with injections on him, once. It continued to happen though occasionally, so not sure if he was actually the person doing it but it eventually seemed to stop, but it was definitely happening. It’s so long ago now I can’t remember what happened to the guy they caught with them, or if they were proven to by anything malicious.

Reactions: 4