Space Flights and Travel

At what ticket price will you become a space tourist?

• < 24k

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • 25-99k

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 100-124k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 150-249k

• 250-499k

• Half a million

• A million

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought it might be worth a thread

My heart is racing watching Bransons trip right now - still can remember so vividly watching in school the challenger disaster live :(

I thought for a second the launch craft had an accident, but looks to be the boosters.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I wonder if I’m in the minority with this but I couldn’t be paid to go to space. Tbh I’d need paying to get on a boat again too 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I legitimately wanted to be an astronaut until the end of high school when I couldn't find any astronomy/astrophysics programs in the few colleges I could afford so the dream died there. Now I know I'd never be able to handle going to space even if I was billionaire that could afford it. 😕 (physical and mental illness especially anxiety, can't handle stress or pressure, claustrophobia, easily get motion sick, etc etc)

On one hand, I am fascinated by space; would love to personally visit Jupiter, I write sci-fi with a lot of emphasis on space travel. But on the other hand, I'm terrified of flying and have literally been on a plane once.

So I'd be the worst space tourist ever, and most likely wouldn't go. 😂

You are only in space as a tourist for a few seconds I believe. And it looks a bit like business class than a cramped shuttle. Massive waste of fuel but it must look amazing.

I think Elon will get the best headlines with taking the female astronaut that was denied a trip in the past

I‘d love to go to space one day! Everything around space travel and astrophysics fascinates me.

There is (or was) this international competition in Moscow called the space olympics, where a bunch of kids from around the world come together to talk about all things space, compete in maths & physics and visit museums as well as the control center for the ISS - it was absolutely brilliant and made me want to become an astronaut but I soon realized I suck at sciences 😂
Think I actually said on some Russian tv station that I would be the first female German on the ISS - hopefully that was never aired 🤭

What is the point of this? And if the aircraft/spacecraft falls to earth will it break up before it hits earth? I am terrified of heights so its not for me, do people on board get any weird effects, they only get to experience zero gravity for a few minutes when they can float to the viewing windows and look out :eek: nope!
Finally will influencers be given free rides to promote this?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Theres a waitlist of years so doubt influencers will be getting them anytime soon!

5 mins untill Jeff bezos takes of

• Wow
Earthlings belong on earth! Imagine going into space and just saying woohoo woohoo!

So if it's using hydrogen and oxygen as fuel and the exhaust is just steam is it eco? Or is that all marketing?

The take off looked like a video game

I'm not sure the touchdown was quite as smooth as sitting on a chair, where's the in capsule video feed?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Just doesn’t really hype me

when I think of space travel for the general public I expect it to be longer than a few mins

it’s cool but not worth the money

They'll have the experience cloned for VR soon if they haven't already. Go to space from the comfort of your armchair for 400 bucks.

It's a bit overboard celebrating the teen with a rich dad and talking about "what will he do with his life now" 🙄. He's just a passenger, there's thousands of other people that actually contributed to this project!

I do think it's worth celebrating advances in space travel, other advances in travel started with joy ride type things. Now who would give up trains, cars or planes?

I like how you have to email them to book a place, when some things are so expensive and niche there's no booking form. They probably should have given a ballpark figure to stop the tens of thousands of emails from poor people that think a few grand will cover it 😆

• Haha
I thought the 18 year old was the worlds youngest astronaut...not just on a technicality.
Space travel for technology sure, space travel for a few minutes of buzz is beyond my comprehension.
Horses for courses I suppose.

I voted for 24k, but honestly I'd want paid to go.

Doesn't interest me at all, terrifies me in fact.

I wonder if I’m in the minority with this but I couldn’t be paid to go to space. Tbh I’d need paying to get on a boat again too 😫
Well, I'm with you. Space bores the hell out of me - I hated Star Trek, Battlestar Galatica and don't get me started on sodding Star Wars 🥱