Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

goofygirlDLP9999

VIP Member
GUYS!!!!

I'VE HAD A RESPONSE FROM ASA!!!!!!!

It should.

Complaint sent. Happy for you to 'edit' and use a similar complaint reason

As stated in my previous complaints (reference no. A21-1122988 and reference no. A21-1120920), Sophie and Dave are not clear enough to the viewer as to what their partnerships are with particular brands. This is incredibly misleading to viewers. This complaint, is specifically in relation to Sophies partnership with Irresistible Me.

On the Sophie and Dave Youtube channel, they made a video on 21/9/2021 in which Sophie talked about 'hair extensions' that had been sent to her. She showed them off, talked about how great felt felt they were and included a link to the page where viewers could purchase them. What she failed to state was that they were gifted and there was nothing on the screen or in the box underneath to inform the viewer of this. Also, Sophie and Dave included many links in the text both and only put 'some links are affiliate' when in fact ALL the links are affiliate links. This is misleading and the viewer may not realise that if they were to click on the link, that money may be going to Sophie and Dave if they made a purchase.

https://www.instagram.com/sophiebellebrown/

Sophie has then made an Instagram reel on 27/9/2021 showing the Irresistible Me hair extensions once again and has not declared that these were gifted and has not mentioned whether she was paid to do the reel as and agreed partnership or ad.

This was her caption on that Instagram reel
sophiebellebrown
'' When I have long hair I want it short and when I have short hair I want it long, anyone else relate?! These clip ins were sent from @irresistibleme_hair and I think we got the colour perfect! They are the royal clip ins in light brown. I haven’t trimmed them yet so still might get some help with that to perfect the blend with my natural hair but so far so good!

Hopefully I’ll be able to keep Barneys sticky hands out of them, fingers crossed! #irresistibleme

#longhair #longhairstyles #hairextensions #hairextensionslondon #clipinextensions #clipinhairextensions #bodypositivity #bodypositive #trending #makeover #mummymakeover #hairtransformation #hairtransformations #hairstyles #hairinspo #haircut #hairideas #mummybloggeruk #mummy #ukmums #cheshire #cheshiremum #cheshiremums #cheshireblogger #cheshirebeauty ''

I do not feel this is clear enough and Sophie and Dave have been guilty of this in the past (please see previous and numerous other complaints that have been sent to the ASA in relation to them.) They continually remain vague with ads and affiliate links and when it comes to gifted products are not clear enough that these have been sent to them free of charge to review.
IN RELATION TO THIS COMPLAINT AND THE OTHERS!!!!!! RE HELLO FRESH / STITCH FIX / HAIR EXTENSIONS (IRRESISTABLE ME)

Yassssss we were fucking RIGHT!!!!!! I'm so glad I reported them 3 fucking times because it shows you that if you don't, these twats get away with shit time and time again.

I hope Soaf enjoyed opening that email from ASA ;)

You're welcome Darlin. Next time, don't take your viewers for fools.

And I will keep reporting you, whenever you mention your product because it needs to be an AD.

So glad you are providing advice to smaller channels babe. I hope they check here first to see you breached ASA rules ;)

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

Toad in the Hole

Chatty Member
ANOTHER long term lurker here 🤪 (foodie username inspired by fellow new user cheesetoastie hah!)

I’ve been meaning to post for a long time but you guys always hit the nail on the head so perfectly that I don’t feel like I have anything different to add, but my husband (who has a job, what a rockstar) is on nights this week so I thought you guys could keep me company 😅

I used to like Soaf back in the days of her old YouTube account. She came across a bit ditzy but harmless enough, and I enjoyed killing time watching her Primark hauls etc. The first time things began to change for me as a viewer was when they got a Labrador whilst living in that tiny room in Scotland - I thought that was pretty stupid and irresponsible. Things then REALLY changed for me when they moved to Cheshire and begged for money/broke covid rules/bought the loaf etc. That is when I thought, these are actually pretty shitty people.

Can I officially join the Wolfpack please 🐺

ps has anyone seen the new Loaf advert?! “We’re all about easing off the throttle and embracing the easy side of life, like putting our feet up … and enjoying the great indoors. Loaf sofas are best served with a mug of tea and whopping big piece of cake” - if that’s their brand ethos no wonder Soaf just had to buy one.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Mable912

VIP Member
Welcome to a new Soaf and Oaf thread! Congrats to @Jess89 on a great thread title (misspelling intended!!)

This is my first recap attempt so I’ll give it my best shot…

So, what have the gruesome twosome been up to this week? By nothing short of an early Christmas miracle, they uploaded 3 times! So, what high brow content were us wolves treated to? 🤔

Soaf had a clear out of Barney’s wardrobe to make way for all the unnecessarily expensive clothes she has bought for Barney from Jules. Some Tattlers suspected she may haven’t actually bought them at all, or will be returning them swiftly at least.

Chip allegedly cut his mouth open on glass after he savaged a jar of pesto! How did he get hold of that, you ask? Well, that’s a mystery- Soaf originally said Chip got it from the recycling, but later said it was on the counter. So who bloody knows? They also made an extremely weird vlog where they “decided against” including footage of alleged blood, and showed Soaf driving Chip an HOUR (!?) to the emergency vets, only to get there, and be told he doesn’t need to be seen! Something smells very fishy there, sounded to us Tattlers like they were making a drama for the sake of it for the views. Not like Sophie and Dave to lie!?

Barney was treated to a thrilling morning out at the arcade where Dave was about as useful as he’s ever been when he won Barney a Sven toy. I bet Barney was absolutely beside himself! Shame they don’t do arcade games with warm clothing and educational toys 🤔

Finally, Dave posted a “comparison” photo where he’s alleged to have lost 50lbs. The only thing Dave is losing is his mind- the pictures showed barely any difference! Crazy to think he hasn’t lost any more with that healthy carrot cake powder he’s been consuming….. 🤔

So, same old same old, really. Just your modern day Wayne and Waynetta living their best lives.

Hope I didn’t miss anything out!

HAPPY TATTLING!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

disneys

VIP Member
Sophie & Dave #39 opening up some sort of shop to try and provide for Banners & Chop

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

goofygirlDLP9999

VIP Member
Her channel growth is -30% in the last year.

That's MINUS 30. -30% in a year. Haha yeah she seems like someone you REALLY want to go to for advice.

Wow the delusional bungalow. They need a carbon monoxide tester in their house because they are fucking losing their minds

She is absolutely deranged.

Imagine booking a session with her, she wouldn't fucking turn up hahahah

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Hurrah54

VIP Member
I don't think Dave has a job because they usually clickbait the shit out of stuff like that...
*DID HE GET IT??! (the last iced bun from coop)*
*MOVING AWAY TO LONDON! (for a day)*
* BEING A SINGLE PARENT TO A HOUSE OF BOYS (looking after Barney and Chip for a couple of hours while Dave hoovers the garage)*

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

deejvillage

VIP Member
Yay I love a recap, I have missed them.

Right I have been working on something so long post incoming:
I was watching a video game channel that has decided to give up on things as they can no longer afford it. Basically it was two guys, one of them owned the channel and employed the other guy to present with him, at one point they were doing so well that they employed up to 5 people but as the algorithm changed they lost loads of views and now the guy who owned the channel not only had to let the 5 others go, he finally couldn't afford to pay his presenting partner on the channel. So how does this relate to S&D I hear you ask? Well in the explanation video he posted some analytics from Youtube with expected income.

These guys still have 278k subscribers and have been losing thousands of viewers a month recently so still way ahead of S&D on subs. But subs doesn't really count nowadays it's all about the views. So the first pic is them at their peak, they were uploading everyday and were getting regularly over 100k views.
pgghi.png

So estimated £6.5k a month...very nice but getting 6.7 million views in a month!

Now shift forward to where they had the drop.
pggmed.png

They are still doing at least one upload a day and averaging around 30k-40k an upload some a lot lower but some much larger spikes into hundreds of thousands. Now this is where it gets interesting £2.4k a month which is what I would consider a fair wage for ONE person but still 2.2million views in a month.

Finally the low:
pgglow.png

So they are uploading less now, not everyday but still more than S&D. Video views are much the same as S&D on a good day but look at the estimated revenue. £658 in a MONTH. Now this is where it gets even more interesting, Social Blade is quite accurate with the guys viewers so I looked at S&D. Total views over the last year have NEVER gone above 500k in a month and in the month of Aug their total views was 137,413 and throughout this year is generally around the 250k mark.

If you are still with me (don't blame you if not) but I have two takeaways from this. Firstly let this be a lesson how fickle youtube can be, one change in the algorithm where you suddenly aren't coming up in recommended videos has a drastic affect on your income. Secondly there is no way that from Youtube alone they will be making enough money to live on, even for one person but for two and a baby and a WDW trip....

I am now working on what influencers can demand for a placement AD in a video. I have some algorithms to go through which is for another post later but thought it was interesting inside take on what youtube actually pays and how little they must be earning from this platform alone.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

cushtybert

VIP Member
This is the equivalent of that episode of Friends when Joey becomes a Drama school teacher and his student is more successful then him 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36