Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

michtake

Hi Tattlers - Please forgive me, I have seen the light!

I've been following S+D for a few years, My Husband and I got married around the same time, and also went to Orlando for our Honeymoon (mainly as my dad lives there and couldn't be at the wedding), I've been watching around 3 years but I've recently been concerned about some of the vlogs and so happy I found this and I feel like it's not just me who is concerned.

The Windsor vlogs were VERY telling, I agree with you all that it looks like they've run out of money - the work shy attitude that both of them have towards making an honest living really irritates me , It's like working a "normal" job is beneath them and it really f**ks me off that they get hand outs and are trying to play the sympathy card. Not everyone has had the luxury of sitting inside a *albeit filthy* bungalow for over a YEAR during a pandemic. The 3 of them looks terrible, they look pale, depressed and all sick - I work in housing and have been rehoming the homeless throughout the pandemic, and my husband works for the NHS so you can imagine what the last year has been like for us - but we don't look as terrible as they do, seriously go to the doctors and get help (also eat some bloody vegetables) I have NO sympathy for these two lazy arses complaining about their Covid experience when they've been able to sit on their arse doing F all!

I think S+D really need to think about the content they're providing a 10 minute vlog of Sophie's face, Dave off key singing and you neglecting poor Barney just doesn't cut it - Where was the hotel tour and a decent review of the room you were GIFTED! My patience has worn thin with their begging attitude, How can you be too proud to work but perfectly okay with BEGGING!! *selling* the pins that were £15 inc postage is daylight robbery and you've taken complete advantage of your viewers and expected them to pay for your honeymoon/get you out of your mothers house when heavily pregnant. Time to plan for yourself , take responsibility for your own finances like all of us do. Work hard and earn the nice things in life, you've abused the situation long enough and I feel that you're viewers are now wise to your emotional begging.

You could tell that they wanted to be gifted tickets to Legoland, I'm so glad they weren't as they hardly showed the park, I've never been to Legoland and I don't feel like I've learnt anything about the park from their shoddy vlogs. An old vlog popped up on YouTube the other day, it was the one where Sophie was gifted a new engagement ring, it was cringe and felt so grim - I cannot believe Dave would be okay with this!?! Just shows their characters, greedy and lazy - imagine throwing off your engagement ring after a few years for a non-sentimental gifted one because the one your partner bought for you wasn't big or grand enough *PUKE*

I feel so sorry for poor little Barney, he deserves so much better. His little face in the Windsor vlogs was heart breaking, He looks so poorly and pale - I don't think his cough is for attention, this little boy needs a good meal, warm bath and clothing and parents that engage with him instead of plonking a phone in front of him *Don't get me started on baby dropgate* - I struggled with the way they have been since Sophie started planning for a baby, the whole TTC process for them was VERY braggy and lacked any concern for people struggling to start a family. My husband and I have tried for 2 1/2 years to start a family and although it was a slap in the face for people struggling with fertility issues, the way they both behaved it's even worse seeing them neglect the baby that many couples would long for. I'm glad Dave's family seem to have Barneys best interests at heart, he looked lovely in the posts yesterday and for once looked so happy - If you're reading this Well done to the Scottish family!!!

I would have so much more respect for them if ONE of them went to work, Imagine only one person in the household having to go to work ?! they live in cloud coo-coo land and it's time for them to come back to earth with a bang. In my opinion they need to take a step back - are they still in love with making videos? or are they doing it just for £££ (I expect the later) What do they want to do with their lives? Dave needs to get off his arse and get a job to provide for his family, How are you too proud to work an entry level job but not proud about other things like Sophie's mum having to drive her to the hospital in labour? is actually embarrassing, be a man and PROVIDE for you're family that you so desperately wanted to create. Also Dave BUY SOME GODDAMN CLOTHES THAT FIT, I'm SICK of seeing you covered in dog hair in 4 year old scabby t-shirts, its gross , you have had money for gym kit, there's no excuses, get onto Jacamo and learn to dress for your size- Sophie gets loads of dresses, time for you to get some clothing.

Sophie - Chip is a DOG not a child. Your ACTUAL child needs you - Why is it okay for you to make Chips meals by hand but leave poor Barney with packets of Crisps (I counted 3 packets given to him in Windsor "travel day") Why don't you do some vlogs showing people different recipes for babies, go out with Barney and take us along for the ride - If you have no money not a problem - go to somewhere free there are plenty places to explore. Drop the pride you aren't your sister, if you don't have the money it's okay - show us money saving tips and ways to make healthy meals for a low cost. You could have done a wonderful vlog in Legoland of meals and ways to cost cut, Pride comes before a fall - it's time for you to drop this rich girl act and be relatable.

P.S if you love animals so much, why not get a job at a vets, I really think it would suit you - even if its 2 days a week, put Barney in childcare so he can get used to interacting with children his age and you can get some time away too, I think it'll do you some good getting out the house, speaking to people and making money for an honest days work.

Sorry for the ramblings - I've been keeping this frustration in for a little too long!

• Heart
Reactions: 78

disneys

VIP Member
Sophie and Dave #32 Soaf tries to keep the wolves at bay while Dave fakes 20k steps a day

• Haha
Reactions: 73

JR2710

Screenshot_20210701_144758_com.instagram.android_edit_257701305140885.jpg

No, absolutely not important information during a weightless journey to know HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU'VE LOST.

Fuuuuuuck off.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 65

Jess89

VIP Member
Angles are everything. Of course he looks slimmer from the front with Barney half concealing him
BC0E7EE0-B4ED-406C-A076-0E3DBAAED9FE.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 62

Hurrah54

VIP Member
Rinse and repeat...and it just goes on ... dum dum...and it just goes on... edited to add more😂
Screenshot_20210702-191551_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210702-190955_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210702-191010_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210702-191019_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210702-191033_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210702-191107_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210702-191159_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210702-191227_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

goofygirlDLP9999

VIP Member
There must be a strain on Sophie so it’s easy to see why she’s downtrodden.
I’m not a regular viewer but I get the impression she has to pick up the slack for everything because Dave is incapable. Could she really go to work and leave him in charge for a full day? I can’t see it and I’m sure she would love to buy things for Barney but it’s probably financially impossible right now.
I do agree that Soaf appears to do more than Dave to some degree but she absolutely can afford to spend money on Barney and doesn't.

In the last few months we have seen her spend the following;
- She spent £80 on 2 diaries for her and Dave
- £££'s on constant new outfits. At one point she spent £400 in a single week on outfits for herself. THIS IS A WEEKLY OCCURRENCE.
- She went shopping at the TC, never showed what she bought but was shown in the video buying a fake plant from primark when at the time, her sons socks were covered in food, she didn't have spare and could have spent £1 on some new socks for him.
- They've been for endless meals out.
- She's spent an absolute fortune on buying stupid shit for Barneys room that is purely for her Instagram. A £40 beach ball cushion, £45 pastel abacus that he's not allowed to touch.... The list goes on and on and on. Many of the toys you see were given to them free from her sister. They've bought him fuck all since he was born.

Dave has also spent thousands of ££££ on gym equipment within the last couple of months and hundreds on protein powder and monster drinks etc.

I haven't even covered it all but trust me, they have the money to make Chip food from scratch each week but can't feed their baby proper food. They have the money to decorate their rented home (Dave painting the gym 100 times over) but not enough money to buy their son a spare coat.
They have money, when it's for themselves but they don't have money if it's for Barney. They mentioned Chester zoo being too expensive yet she is happy to spend that on herself in one single online order.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 59

gsg4387

Lol at Dave! Talking about the hot tub in his mums garden, ‘this is how I want to do retirement’ you have to have a job to retire from first Dave! 🙄🙄 you’re basically living like you’re retired already!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56

goofygirlDLP9999

VIP Member
Whether she wants to accept it or not, she sold the first year of her sons life for money!!!!!!!

She can sit there and complain that 'boundaries have been crossed' that 'trolls judge her as a mother', that people comment on their lives but this is the personal price you pay when you upload your life online and get a pay check in return.

You cannot sit there, once the money dries up and moan, complain and whinge that 'oh my life is so hard.' I'm not interested in anything she has to say unless it's the following;

- I'm getting help for my bond with my child.
- Daves getting a job to help with bills
- I will buy barney some weather appropriate clothing
- I will put in BOUNDARIES between my dog and son.
- When I feed my child, I will do so with eye contact
- I will not use Disney plus to babysit my child
- I will stop obsessing over a holiday I cannot afford.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56

TheSocialFlower

VIP Member
Hon, you were feeling not that great at Legoland because you’d dropped your baby on his face LIVE on a video. That’s why. It a no one else’s fault but your own.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

goofygirlDLP9999

VIP Member
Yey first thread title!!!

The comments on their latest videos really are quite telling. There is one on there now about what did you buy Barney. Huns, we are still waiting to find out what she bought him from the Primark trip and the Disney Store they went to twice....

So I've been not wanting to mention Barney too much as he's an innocent little baby and this will be on the internet forever, but I'm actually concerned about his wellbeing for the following reasons;

(Disclaimer; I work in assessing young children...so this isn't just being a 'hater troll'...)

- They have long claimed he has mysterious coughs and colds since he was born. First it was teeth, then it was some mysterious chest infection and then it was teeth again. I still think that back when he was very small and they were breaking COVID rules (e.g delivery men going into his bedroom) this is when his symptoms started. They should have ruled out covid, they never did and I am concerned that this may have had a lasting impact on him. Of course this is speculation but he does not look like a well child at the best of times and this vlog was actually horrendous to watch and see him so unwell.
- He is never appropriately dressed. Ever. Not for sun, not for rain. All parents make mistakes, we forget things but to plan a weekend away, know that its raining, pack your own coat and not pack his is just unacceptable. Many parents would have popped to the local Asda and got him a spare one for the rainy weekend.
- Barneys lack of emotional connection with his parents is very clear. He doesn't light up when they communicate with him, he avoids eye contact quite often and often appears to be in a trance. Barney clearly enjoys sensory stimulation (swimming, the lights on the ride..) but they are limiting his experiences.
- He looks VERY sickly and pale and no doubt, living off a beige diet of croissants, melty puffs and chips is clearly having an impact. That with that shitty watery baby milk they feed him is just ridiculous.
- Two grown adults have one docile baby and yet, day after day, at EVERY opportunity they sit him in front of a screen. I mean, it shows you how much screen time they watch as he is watching it constantly. Why don't they interact with him at meal times? Talk to him? Engage with him.

Dave, clearly Soaf has struggled with attachment from day one. You should have stepped up and recognised this rather than calling her a rockstar every two minutes. If she couldn't recognise it herself, it was YOUR duty to help her and to help their connection. I used to think Dave was the better parent of the two but now take it back completely. He's completely fucking useless and Soaf, is clearly not as attached as she should be to her baby by this point.

Sadly they are both too ignorant to be better or do better for themselves and especially Barney...

@disneys - We have missed your round ups!!! <3

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54

goofygirlDLP9999

VIP Member
How can you pull the 'redefining boundaries' card when you've literally got your babies birth online? and it's your full time job?

Something fishy is going on!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

cobette

VIP Member
Sophie actually replied!

Screenshot_20210626-092027_YouTube.jpg

Good luck keeping the channel going once you've 'redefined boundries' to stop filming Barney, your only asset. All because you can't take heat over your awful parenting.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I asked Dave when are they getting a job in his Instagram Q&A box... Blocked. I think it’s a genuine question 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

goofygirlDLP9999

VIP Member
This is to view her insta anon* https://dumpor.com/c/3298538894296515062

Oh my god, Barney looks the best he's ever looked. In ACTUAL CLOTHES!!!!!!!

Can we get a round of applause for the Scots for showing the Brown's how to look after a baby boy and celebrate his birthday!!!!

Daves Mum, if you read here..... you are a top lass!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Long time tattle lurker and recovering SAD supporter here. I moved away from being “fans” of theirs a fair few months back; the list of things that irk me about the pair of them are amply covered in the 30 (hilarious) threads.

I just don’t understand how they can not even muster the basics. They had the you tube “gift” of having a new baby during a pandemic; a subject that provides ENDLESS content (without filming your child and exploiting them I might add)

I genuinely do not approve of judging other people’s parenting and am a firm believer that what’s right for you is right for you, your baby your business… however… they’re all clearly so miserable and it’s quite obviously not a happy, healthy environment for any of them. I genuinely worry about Sophie’s health and lack of connection to her son. The first two years are so critical… it’s not too late Sophie! Please get the help you need and put yourself in an environment where your mental health is a priority as it will have a direct impact on your boy. Join groups, make friends, show your son the world. It doesn’t have to be flashy or expensive. I was made redundant while on Mat leave and I can assure you that you can find an abundance of places to go with your son that do not cost a thing, especially now restrictions are lifted so much more than this time last year. Church hall playgroups are coming back, council run forest schools are operating again, library’s are back open… it’s endless!

She seems so focused on “keeping up appearances” but I really feel she would have a weight lifted if she just “rebranded” as a more honest self. There is ZERO shame in doing things on a budget, in fact it’s probably more popular content for her. (But please no pleading poverty and selling shitty pins again, for the love of god! She has the platform to earn money doing some actual work)

I can’t even be bothered with her husband. He has ridden on her coattails in my opinion and brings absolutely nothing to the table… he just clears it.

I feel better getting all that off my chest! Thanks for listening tattlers 🤣😂

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Dave has this incredible ability that every time he posts a picture of himself my vagina becomes dryer than the Sahara desert

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

emmaknatt

I’ve been a lurker here for a week or two, first time poster! Like a few new people here I have seen the error of my ways.

I’ve been following SAD for a few years because I see a lot of myself in them;
Same age, with my husband since 17, married around the same time, honeymoon in Orlando, have a daughter one month older than Barney. So I feel like they were relatable to me. But I’ve realised that’s where the comparisons stop. I’ve got a full time job, run an Etsy side business, have a mortgage, clean and cook etc. Most of my money goes on my daughter who has everything she needs and enough toys to make a toy shop envious and her happiness is my main goal.

What converted me is just realising how Sophie is doing as a mother, no desire to make Barney her main priority and no desire to admit to herself that she is struggling and needs help. They have just become less relatable and less likeable over the past few months and I think a lot of people are being to see this.

• Heart
Reactions: 47