Songs you once liked but now can't stand

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Either due to being featured in adverts, TV, films etc or just to generally being overplayed to death (Can't stand may be a little strong but you get what I mean)

Oasis - Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancfloor

The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

The Beatles - Hey Jude

Green Day - Basket Case

I'm sure I'll think of more

Reactions: 3
Mr Brightside - so so so overplayed. Just annoys me now. Edited to add "Dreamer" by Livin' Joy - have to turn it off now.

Reactions: 2
Good idea for a thread. The ones that instantly come to mind:

Coldplay - Yellow/Don't Panic/Trouble (Can't stand them, but I did like their first album when it first came out. Now it drives me up the wall).

Oasis - Wonderwall (liked it but not even the best song on What's the Story. It's way overplayed now)

Mariah - All I Want for Christmas (used to think it was the best Christmas song, can't stand it now)

White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (fed up of hearing it at sports events, ditto Fat Boy Slim - Right Here, Right Now).

Joan Osbourne - One of Us - really liked it at first, now I turn it off when I hear the first few bars).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Another one REM - Losing my Religion, seems to be the only REM song most commercial radio stations have access to.

Also I find Daft Punk songs get quite wearing after the first 20 or so listens.

Reactions: 2
basically every song i’ve ever loved. i have a habit of listening to the same song over and over again until i despise it 😂

Reactions: 4
@Warpaint a very good topic, but I hardly know any of these songs to now longer like. The only one I can say annoys me the most is @bubbadabut notation of Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" - done to the death!

The Friends theme tune.
All of the Christmas songs.
I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Galway Girl - Ed Sheehan (not sure I ever liked it, actually).

Jet - Do you wanna be my girl (Just sounds quite corny now)

OutKast - Hey Ya

Gnarles Barkley - Crazy (This one I went off quickly because anyone and everyone was covering it at the time)

Reactions: 1