Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found this thread from Google Sofie and their dog to see how the dog is. I was blocked months ago by Sofie after pointing out the dog was clearly from a breeder. I naively had believed them when they initially said how much they wanted to adopt a dog responsibly.

Personally I love seeing people adopt rather than shop, but I would never weigh in on someones decision to buy a bred puppy unless my opinion was asked for. With Sofie I'd caught a live on Instagram where they were repeatedly was saying how important it was to them to adopt and be responsible, so I sent them some info about a rescue organisation that adopts to people that live in flats (they'd said they were struggling with that). They did not respond to that message.

A couple of days later I saw them talking about Hank - to my mind a very clearly bred puppy - and messaged again to say the owner was clearly a breeder.

I then got blocked and posted about aggressively.

I'm sad to hear Hank apparently isn't being cared for properly and that they are accepting financial help for his vet costs :(

In retrospect it seems I provoked some narcissistic rage in Sofie. I think they're troubled and toxic. Hope they and Hank get the help they need. Although from my knowledge of narcissists there's limited scope for change.
She blatantly asked for donations for his treatment, berated anyone who questioned it because how could she know? (Isn’t it responsible as a pet owner to make sure you can afford their vet treatments?) then posted her PayPal details.
IMO she got Hank because she wanted a fancy dog and how quickly she was flip flopping about getting a dog, I’d be surprise if she looked into his breed at all.

Reactions: 10
She blatantly asked for donations for his treatment, berated anyone who questioned it because how could she know? (Isn’t it responsible as a pet owner to make sure you can afford their vet treatments?) then posted her PayPal details.
IMO she got Hank because she wanted a fancy dog and how quickly she was flip flopping about getting a dog, I’d be surprise if she looked into his breed at all.
I remember they said they had to get a dog very quickly because once they get an idea in their head they want to act on it right away. I recall them using this as justification for looking for a dog via gumtree instead of through proper adoption centres. I realised then that they were not at all serious about adopting responsibly and were in fact being very selfish.

If you want to buy a puppy then buy a puppy... the way they did so but tried to make out that they were doing some good deed and being super responsible was what irked me. It's unbelievable they are now asking for financial assistance.

• Wow
I found this thread from Google Sofie and their dog to see how the dog is. I was blocked months ago by Sofie after pointing out the dog was clearly from a breeder. I naively had believed them when they initially said how much they wanted to adopt a dog responsibly.

Personally I love seeing people adopt rather than shop, but I would never weigh in on someones decision to buy a bred puppy unless my opinion was asked for. With Sofie I'd caught a live on Instagram where they were repeatedly was saying how important it was to them to adopt and be responsible, so I sent them some info about a rescue organisation that adopts to people that live in flats (they'd said they were struggling with that). They did not respond to that message.

A couple of days later I saw them talking about Hank - to my mind a very clearly bred puppy - and messaged again to say the owner was clearly a breeder.

I then got blocked and posted about aggressively.

I'm sad to hear Hank apparently isn't being cared for properly and that they are accepting financial help for his vet costs :(

In retrospect it seems I provoked some narcissistic rage in Sofie. I think they're troubled and toxic. Hope they and Hank get the help they need. Although from my knowledge of narcissists there's limited scope for change.
Off topic, but can you post a link to the rescue organisation you recommended for people in flats? Thank you 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Am I misunderstanding this, or is Sofie saying that being fat means you can identify as queer??

Screenshot_20210909-193601_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
That is exactly what she's saying and it is HORRIFYING! I want to say more but I am genuinely speechless

I can't even let her know how offensive that is either as I can't reply to the story

Reactions: 7
That is exactly what she's saying and it is HORRIFYING! I want to say more but I am genuinely speechless
Me too!! Like I actually considered not posting as I thought I must be reading it wrong. bleeping hell!

• Haha
It’s why the word queer has become meaningless. Remember when it used to be a powerful reclaiming of a word used as a slur now it’s just means anything and nothing . Also as a lesbian I find the whole woke idea that same sex attraction is a regressive thing now a bit terrifying.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Gah! She just wants so badly to be a victim and the more and more she goes on I become convinced that she’s not a victim at all…

what’s ‘being into kinks’ got to do with it too

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s why the word queer has become meaningless. Remember when it used to be a powerful reclaiming of a word used as a slur now it’s just means anything and nothing . Also as a lesbian I find the whole woke idea that same sex attraction is a regressive thing now a bit terrifying.
I don't know if anyone here follows the gender discussions thread, but it is clear from some of the (fringe parts of) the trans community (I am not anti trans at all fyi) but language for some people seems to have lost all meaning. Being attracted to the same sex is what gay or lesbian means, how is that somehow regressive? and how is it any different from people in the far right claming that beign gay or lesbian doesn't exist?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't know if anyone here follows the gender discussions thread, but it is clear from some of the (fringe parts of) the trans community (I am not anti trans at all fyi) but language for some people seems to have lost all meaning. Being attracted to the same sex is what gay or lesbian means, how is that somehow regressive? and how is it any different from people in the far right claming that beign gay or lesbian doesn't exist?
Basically it’s a new woke national sport called Mental Gymnastics where you have to try and make sense of your own ideologies rules and hypocrisy’s. Sofie is clearly going for gold in the chucking rocks from a glass house event.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
1000% this

This is such nonsense. She's a feminine-presenting privileged white woman appropriating marginalised identities but heaven forbid anyone point it out because "trauma". Absolutely duck off away.
1000% this

For someone who’s supposed to be a comedian she’s really not very funny
Agreed, I'm not sure where the comedy is supposed to be. I've not watched any of their standup, are there actual jokes on it or more just rambling and ranting without punchlines?

WHAT IS SHE ON ABOUT. bleeping hell turn off your computer and take your dog for a walk you absolute nonsense talking try hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The way she speaks about being fat makes me think it actually makes her desperately unhappy. This latest chain of thought is… wild.

Reactions: 8
Basically it’s a new woke national sport called Mental Gymnastics where you have to try and make sense of your own ideologies rules and hypocrisy’s. Sofie is clearly going for gold in the chucking rocks from a glass house event.
Speaking of mental gymnastics I’m not sure if anyone read this thread she shared earlier. My brain hurt after the second slide, such word salad 😳

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.