Social media stalking people you know IRL

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
…There’s a girl who I only vaguely know through blogging days, like way way way back in the day through Livejournal. Does anyone remember that?!

Anyway we’ve been virtual friends for nearing 20 years I think. She was such a character, always life and soul of the party, really funny, gorgeous and seemed really fun.

Then she seemed to have a new boyfriend every six months and each one was the greatest love story ever told…

Now she’s just disappeared off the face of the earth. Social media accounts deleted, company dissolved, (yes I have googled her many times) no clue what’s happened. She seemed to be sort of going off the rails a bit but I can’t even come to Tattle to figure out what’s happened because she’s not famous!!

So frustrating 👀 Wish there was a Tattle for non famous people 😂 every few months when I’m procrastinating I seem to randomly remember someone and end up looking at their wedding/holiday pics. Ffs. Such a waste of time!!

Anyone else need some social media mysteries solving?!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I love having a good snoop on social media , no lie I've probably searched for nearly everyone I've ever come across.

There's nothing better than when people have a public profile.

Reactions: 34
I love having a good snoop on social media , no lie I've probably searched for nearly everyone I've ever come across.

I only keep my profile pics on fb public but everything else private cause I know my ex stalks me as numerous occasions he’s accidentally liked a really old pic. Yet I love a public profile for a good nosey but hate the idea of someone doing it on mine 😂

I always look everybody up, I’m honestly the most nosey person. Sometimes I end up on the most random ppls pages and end up looking through their holiday pics etc. I’m like a creep but like I said I’m so nosey😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
no lie I've probably searched for nearly everyone I've ever come across.
I often say "If I've met you, I've looked you up on Facebook." Of course, if anyone random looks me up...
---
My favourite adrenaline sport is the feeling of DANGER when you're scrolling on a completely open profile and have to be very careful not to hit Add Friend or like a post! :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I often say "If I've met you, I've looked you up on Facebook." Of course, if anyone random looks me up...
---

My favourite adrenaline sport is the feeling of DANGER when you're scrolling on a completely open profile and have to be very careful not to hit Add Friend or like a post! :LOL:
Remember how recently Facebook glitched and was adding people?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I only keep my profile pics on fb public but everything else private cause I know my ex stalks me as numerous occasions he’s accidentally liked a really old pic. Yet I love a public profile for a good nosey but hate the idea of someone doing it on mine 😂

I always look everybody up, I’m honestly the most nosey person. Sometimes I end up on the most random ppls pages and end up looking through their holiday pics etc. I’m like a creep but like I said I’m so nosey😂
Me stalking other people:

other people stalking me:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I love a good stalk, it's probably the only reason I've kept Facebook in all honesty, I'd love to delete it but I don't so that I can stalk people 😂 I try avoid stalking too much on insta though because I'm always worried I'll accidentally double tap and like a photo from 2009

Reactions: 21
I'm super guilty of this. I've stalked people on pretty much every social media platform, LinkedIn, Companies House until I know their parents middle names and where they went on holiday in 1993.

To be fair, it just shows how easy it is to get information on someone if they're not careful with their personal details. I barely know my daughter's friends mum but she's a Facebook oversharer. A quick stalk and I can tell you exactly where she lives, where she works, what car she drives, her kids birthdays, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Evrytime we get a new manager at work we are straight on Facebook to see what we are getting 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I love a good Facebook stalk. I went down rabbit hole of looking through the profile of a sort- of- ex’s new girlfriend, along with her family’s 😬Very churchy people (no judgment). Looked like one of those community churches who always have plenty of money 🤔Worse still is when you accidentally like a random photo from 6 years ago and frantically try to undo the ‘like’.

Out of interest, is the ‘like’ registered and sent as an alert to the account holder, even if you ‘unlike’ almost immediately? Asking for a friend…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I love a good Facebook stalk. I went down rabbit hole of looking through the profile of a sort- of- ex’s new girlfriend, along with her family’s 😬Very churchy people (no judgment). Looked like one of those community churches who always have plenty of money 🤔Worse still is when you accidentally like a random photo from 6 years ago and frantically try to undo the ‘like’.

Out of interest, is the ‘like’ registered and sent as an alert to the account holder, even if you ‘unlike’ almost immediately? Asking for a friend…
The answer to that is yes. It is possible to have email alerts if someone interacts with your profile.

Reactions: 3
Also guilty of this. Honestly I think most people who are on social media have had a little stalk at some time or another.

My view is that if your profile is open for all and sundry to see then don’t be surprised when people look at it. Privacy settings exist and most platforms inform you about them when you sign up and some of them even send you reminders to update your settings every so often, if someone chooses not to use them then that’s on them 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7

My husbands ex looked through our wedding photos as soon as we put them up because she accidentally liked one of them it wasn't even one with their kids in so no excuses busted 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I always change my Instagram handle every now and again to prevent this happening, it’s the only form of social media I have but even when on Facebook my name was jumbled up and abbreviated. I stalk, well have a nosey every so often, at the girl who got with my ex, purely to see if the idiot has woken up and smelt the coffee yet. I didn’t know he’d gotten a new girlfriend until a mutual friend (we live over 200 miles apart so the chances of this were slim) told me, I told them he’d still be inappropriately messaging me to which they told the girlfriend, I think she blamed me and believed the whole “she’s still obsessed with me” tripe he fed her. Over the last 3 years I’ve witnessed them unfollow and refolllow each other multiple times. SAVE YOURSELF GIRL!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Even though I have closed and non-identifiable IG handle it annoys me so much when others do this- how very dare they spoil my social media sleuthing 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I love a good stalk on platforms.

stalked a random ex in linkedin, turns out he had paid the premium to see who viewed his profile 🥴 he ‘followed’ me haha

i always laugh when i see/hear the story of the woman who was stalking her ex on fb and accident Tagged herself on their baby sonogram picture 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I looove a good snooping session and actually just came out of one before heading here :ROFLMAO:

I used to do it much more frequently but recently got back into the habit after I became friendly with a colleague and we discovered that we had some "thoughts" around a couple of co-workers and I said that I'd love to dig to find more.
Got a fair bit more than a bit and I swear I'm not done yet :p

anyway, work-friend was impressed with my abilities, but I promised her that I won't do it on her, and I'll keep that. Much more fun anyway to spill out the tea together than stalking your friend.

Reactions: 4
I was searching one of the school mums and she'd posted in a private group about pregnancy and newborns that I'd joined too. From that I found out she had to have ivf to conceive her child because her husband had a vasectomy due to having previous kids. And they spent a fortune on it . I always feel a bit strange about knowing that when I see them doing the school run.

So it's actually mad what's visible once you go hunting.

Reactions: 8