Social Media Commandments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do you think social media SHOULD be used? What are your rules for social media use? The forbidden? The forgivable?

I’m interested because I do some of the things influencers get slammed for: I post pics of my kids, tag brands if relevant etc, although my account is private and I don’t get paid for it etc. 😅 From my point of view I’m trying to be social and helpful. There’s no real desire for views or money. And I don’t track my numbers or engagement rates. Despite that, am I still committing a mortal social media sin? 😆

So I’m really interested/nosey to hear what other people find acceptable or not.

(This is light hearted btw. Keep it friendly)

Honestly I don't think there's any problems doing what you do so long as your account is private an you aren't trying to make profit of things, my family all have socal sites an post the kids on them but like you they are private an don't make money so to me it seems fine as they are just sharing with friends an family some nice pics or keeping them updated with stuff

To me its wrong if you are purposely posting kids pics for money, it's like these vloggers that will expose their kids all for clicks an views, it shouldn't be allowed, who knows what life will be like when those kids are grown and at the end of the day a social site can very quickly crash an burn with one wrong move an they shouldn't be relaying on that for income an honestly if they did then it would be their own fault if it all dissappeared tomorrow

For me personally I don't have many social sites, fb I have no interest in or tictoc, I do have twitter that I use to follow a few friends that stream for fun an I can be updated when they are going live an I also used twitter back in the early animal crossing days to sell an buy stuff 😂😂 and I have Instagram I post some art an craft pics but mostly it's so I can look at others for inspiration, I have never really posted anything personal on either like personal pics or what am up to etc

Reactions: 1
How do you think social media SHOULD be used? What are your rules for social media use? The forbidden? The forgivable?

I’m interested because I do some of the things influencers get slammed for: I post pics of my kids, tag brands if relevant etc, although my account is private and I don’t get paid for it etc. 😅 From my point of view I’m trying to be social and helpful. There’s no real desire for views or money. And I don’t track my numbers or engagement rates. Despite that, am I still committing a mortal social media sin? 😆

So I’m really interested/nosey to hear what other people find acceptable or not.

(This is light hearted btw. Keep it friendly)
Posting photos of kids is ok - provided your account is private and the only people you give access to are people you genuinely really know in real life. Not just any old random who requests to follow your account. I think photos of kids should be tasteful, respectful in the same way as photos of adults - so no naked photos/no on the toilet photos/no photos of them distressed etc. natural in the moment photos that are a snap shot of life - not photos of them that have been curated specifically for Instagram. using children to get likes/engagement on Instagram is abhorrent so as long as you aren’t doing that I’d think that was ok.

Tagging brands…. Don’t really get that if I’m being honest. If your friends/family care or want to know where you got something they can just ask you. Personally I’d find it beyond pretentious if one of my mates was tagging brands!!! You don’t walk into someone’s house for a cup of tea and declare where all your clothes have been bought from, do you? It would be a bit odd. Same applies online.

Reactions: 3
Posting photos of kids is ok - provided your account is private and the only people you give access to are people you genuinely really know in real life. Not just any old random who requests to follow your account. I think photos of kids should be tasteful, respectful in the same way as photos of adults - so no naked photos/no on the toilet photos/no photos of them distressed etc. natural in the moment photos that are a snap shot of life - not photos of them that have been curated specifically for Instagram. using children to get likes/engagement on Instagram is abhorrent so as long as you aren’t doing that I’d think that was ok.

Tagging brands…. Don’t really get that if I’m being honest. If your friends/family care or want to know where you got something they can just ask you. Personally I’d find it beyond pretentious if one of my mates was tagging brands!!! You don’t walk into someone’s house for a cup of tea and declare where all your clothes have been bought from, do you? It would be a bit odd. Same applies online.
Not that I expect it matters but the brands I tag are mainly small, local or independent brands that benefit from the support. For instance a friends floristry or cake business or our farm shop. Personally I find it useful when the people I follow do this too so I can see what’s going on locally without bothering them with questions. I feel bad asking them. No interest in tagging big brands like H&M or Tesco though. They don’t need the attention.

Honestly I don't think there's any problems doing what you do so long as your account is private an you aren't trying to make profit of things, my family all have socal sites an post the kids on them but like you they are private an don't make money so to me it seems fine as they are just sharing with friends an family some nice pics or keeping them updated with stuff

To me its wrong if you are purposely posting kids pics for money, it's like these vloggers that will expose their kids all for clicks an views, it shouldn't be allowed, who knows what life will be like when those kids are grown and at the end of the day a social site can very quickly crash an burn with one wrong move an they shouldn't be relaying on that for income an honestly if they did then it would be their own fault if it all dissappeared tomorrow

For me personally I don't have many social sites, fb I have no interest in or tictoc, I do have twitter that I use to follow a few friends that stream for fun an I can be updated when they are going live an I also used twitter back in the early animal crossing days to sell an buy stuff 😂😂 and I have Instagram I post some art an craft pics but mostly it's so I can look at others for inspiration, I have never really posted anything personal on either like personal pics or what am up to etc
I only have IG now, I use it maybe a few times a week. Not daily. Facebook and Twitter went firmly in the bin during Brexit 🤪
I was an early adopter of Instagram back in 2011 and it started as this really social easy going place. Nowadays it’s only full of people trying to sell you crap. It’s exhausting! I think there should be laws brought in if you’re using your child for profit. Like THEY earn a percentage since they’re the ones being exploited.

I only have IG now, I use it maybe a few times a week. Not daily. Facebook and Twitter went firmly in the bin during Brexit 🤪
I was an early adopter of Instagram back in 2011 and it started as this really social easy going place. Nowadays it’s only full of people trying to sell you crap. It’s exhausting! I think there should be laws brought in if you’re using your child for profit. Like THEY earn a percentage since they’re the ones being exploited.
I've had them all at some point right in the beginning 😅 bebo was my first, not sure who all remembers the good old bebo days where you knew who had fallen out with who because of the top 10 friends on the page lol, then it was my space an then Facebook before it seemed to explode an there was just hundreds of them, I eventually grew bored an deleted them all at one point because I couldn't be bothered before going back to twitter an IG but they arent used as much as I did back in the day an aren't personal now

Honestly am kindi curious with them trying to bring back bebo, I might go for it an see what it's like but if its not like the OG bebo it might get ditched lol, I still remember how it looked so I'd like it to be like that

To me if you are using your kids as profit for clicks an views then they should be treated the same as child actors should be treated, they should have a % put in a trust fund an shouldn't be exploited badly, plus should be able to tell you if they want this or not so I am against people who use toddlers or baby's since they have no voice an it isn't fair to put them out there, they also shouldn't be forced into positions that they are uncomfortable with or distressing to them

Reactions: 2
I've had them all at some point right in the beginning 😅 bebo was my first, not sure who all remembers the good old bebo days where you knew who had fallen out with who because of the top 10 friends on the page lol, then it was my space an then Facebook before it seemed to explode an there was just hundreds of them, I eventually grew bored an deleted them all at one point because I couldn't be bothered before going back to twitter an IG but they arent used as much as I did back in the day an aren't personal now

Honestly am kindi curious with them trying to bring back bebo, I might go for it an see what it's like but if its not like the OG bebo it might get ditched lol, I still remember how it looked so I'd like it to be like that

To me if you are using your kids as profit for clicks an views then they should be treated the same as child actors should be treated, they should have a % put in a trust fund an shouldn't be exploited badly, plus should be able to tell you if they want this or not so I am against people who use toddlers or baby's since they have no voice an it isn't fair to put them out there, they also shouldn't be forced into positions that they are uncomfortable with or distressing to them
Omg yes I remember bebo well 😂😂😂
So many embarrassing memories from that site. Thank god screen grabbing didn’t exist back then 😱 i was just so immature on it ( granted I was 16/17 on it lol)

Omg yes I remember bebo well 😂😂😂
So many embarrassing memories from that site. Thank god screen grabbing didn’t exist back then 😱 i was just so immature on it ( granted I was 16/17 on it lol)
All I remember is drawing rather embarrassing pictures on those bricks you could put on your page 😂😂 think I was in school with bebo then we got older an everyone wanted my space but I could never get into that