Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hibernia

hmm that’s an interesting one. I suggest analysing why you drink?
i say that because I had the same problem about junk food. I love a takeaway but mostly it’s that the takeaway will give my brain the dopamine hit it needs (which is naturally low). i could not ever have one again but it’d be a bit miserable.
Yeh you're totally right. I'm currently questioning why I drink and I'm guessing it's purely my only way to relax. Which is so wrong. Agree with the dopamine hit too. Did you find a way to break the takeaway habit?

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Wow... I never thought of it like that before. The domaine hit is definitely the reason I drink. That buzzy feeling when you crack open the wine or the feeling getting ciders when the sun is out!!! Thanks, had never looked at it like that.
Sorry I must have missed this!

it’s interesting to look into because businesses manufacture things specially to give us dopamine before we’ve consumed it e.g. the pop of the champagne, the crack of the can, the ruzzel of chocolate packet, all designed to make sure we keep consuming it because our brain associates the noise with dopamine

the Van Tullken (doctors on bbc) did a podcast about it - it’s related to junk food but it’s interesting. It’s called a thorough examination