Slimming World Tattlers-Ideas & support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi can I join as well please I only just found this thread 🙈

Joined online 3 weeks ago which was badly thought out timing as it’s been nothing but birthdays since then and the devil on my shoulder saying treat yo self 🤦‍♀️ so been sticking to plan 80% of the time then sabotaging myself on 1 or 2 days. Weighed myself this morning and I am still the weight I was when I started, really need to sort my tit out so determined to stick 100% to plan this week and actually start shifting some weight.

And same here since I started following a load of actually really good SW accounts the ‘famous’ ones have all been popping up. So much beige!! Harry Pickard has blocked me though so at least that’s one I won’t see 😂

Hi can I join as well please I only just found this thread 🙈

Joined online 3 weeks ago which was badly thought out timing as it’s been nothing but birthdays since then and the devil on my shoulder saying treat yo self 🤦‍♀️ so been sticking to plan 80% of the time then sabotaging myself on 1 or 2 days. Weighed myself this morning and I am still the weight I was when I started, really need to sort my tit out so determined to stick 100% to plan this week and actually start shifting some weight.

And same here since I started following a load of actually really good SW accounts the ‘famous’ ones have all been popping up. So much beige!! Harry Pickard has blocked me though so at least that’s one I won’t see 😂
My mum has been doing SW so was over the moon when I said I wanted to try. Bless her heart she tried to recommend some useful SW Instagram accounts that she finds helpful and mentioned Harry...I was like “don’t you even dare” 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What's everyone ate today then?! I was doing so well with scrambled eggs and b choice toast as a late breakfast, fruit salad mid afternoon, couple of cups of tea and then we went to mums (we are bubbled with her) and had a Chinese takeaway 🤪

Tomorrow will be better!!

Reactions: 2
I’m doing okay - I’m so used to restricting myself when losing weight that slimming world feels amazing. The fact I don’t have to go hungry and don’t end up foraging in the cupboards in a blind hunger rage is amazing! When I read that slimming world kicked off the binge/restrict cycle for some people I’m always a bit baffled. I feel quite free with it.

Tbf I’ve only been doing it 10 days so I should probably pipe down 😂 I don’t see it as a long-term thing either, just get the weight off as painlessly as possible. I’ve maintained my current weight for 2yrs so I’m hoping maintenance won’t be horrific either.

I feel like there should be a support group for the fact the Co Op have got their 2 pizzas and 4 pack of beer for £5 offer on again 😂 must resist, must resist 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
I signed up online 3 weeks ago, I definitely think calorie counting is the best option long term but I don’t have the mental capacity right now for weighing out all my veg that I put into recipes. So I’ve signed up for 12 weeks to give myself a little boost. I also feel like I eat less junk food on SW, whereas with calorie counting I will eat things because they’re low in calories but not probably that nutritious.

I do weigh my carbs and only have a portion, because I’m aware that theyre not ‘free’

Feel like a huge hypocrite as I do slam SW but I think when followed sensibly it is a healthy diet and what’s what I’m trying to do, I have my 3rd weigh in tomorrow morning, and for the first time in my life I haven’t been on the scales several times a day every day. Also started couch to 5k, did it years ago and loved it. I will be doing Week 4 Run 2 tomorrow.

Reactions: 3
I signed up online 3 weeks ago, I definitely think calorie counting is the best option long term but I don’t have the mental capacity right now for weighing out all my veg that I put into recipes. So I’ve signed up for 12 weeks to give myself a little boost. I also feel like I eat less junk food on SW, whereas with calorie counting I will eat things because they’re low in calories but not probably that nutritious.

I do weigh my carbs and only have a portion, because I’m aware that theyre not ‘free’

Feel like a huge hypocrite as I do slam SW but I think when followed sensibly it is a healthy diet and what’s what I’m trying to do, I have my 3rd weigh in tomorrow morning, and for the first time in my life I haven’t been on the scales several times a day every day. Also started couch to 5k, did it years ago and loved it. I will be doing Week 4 Run 2 tomorrow.
I know what you mean about feeling like a hypocrite following SW. Calorie counting is definitely the smarter route if you have the knowledge, it always amazed me in group when I went how some people have zero understanding about calories and would be eating tit tonnes of fruit for example not to mention muller lights etc CoS iT’s FrEe and be totally non plussed as to why they’d gained or maintained despite ‘following plan’.

I’m the same as you when I follow MFP I end up living off ready meals and anything with a barcode even though I love to cook because it’s so much of a headache weighing everything and counting spices etc. I like the routine of SW and think the principles are good and it does work if you follow it without tweaking everything and having double/triple carbs even though you know it’s wrong oh and not paying any attention to any of the SW accounts with 1000s of followers who never eat an ounce of speed and their grids are a sea of beige!!

I know what you mean about feeling like a hypocrite following SW. Calorie counting is definitely the smarter route if you have the knowledge, it always amazed me in group when I went how some people have zero understanding about calories and would be eating tit tonnes of fruit for example not to mention muller lights etc CoS iT’s FrEe and be totally non plussed as to why they’d gained or maintained despite ‘following plan’.

I’m the same as you when I follow MFP I end up living off ready meals and anything with a barcode even though I love to cook because it’s so much of a headache weighing everything and counting spices etc. I like the routine of SW and think the principles are good and it does work if you follow it without tweaking everything and having double/triple carbs even though you know it’s wrong oh and not paying any attention to any of the SW accounts with 1000s of followers who never eat an ounce of speed and their grids are a sea of beige!!
I don’t think I follow any ‘SW accounts’ now as you’re right it’s about who can make the prettiest pancakes or the biggest treat plates using the least amount of syns.

I love to cook also and just find the weighing of every single thing tedious and then you need to portion whatever you make to the gram. Then trying to take the kids portions out as well. We all eat the same meal in this house.

The yogurt thing used to drive me insane, would you eat 3 yogurts on a normal day? For the majority of people, the answer is no, but back in the day they were free so people would eat them. Like when people would have a mugshot as a snack but they’re about 300 calories.

Ive been trying not to snack unless I’m actually hungry and I’ve found that eating balanced meals means I’m not actually hungry in between.

I don’t think I follow any ‘SW accounts’ now as you’re right it’s about who can make the prettiest pancakes or the biggest treat plates using the least amount of syns.

I love to cook also and just find the weighing of every single thing tedious and then you need to portion whatever you make to the gram. Then trying to take the kids portions out as well. We all eat the same meal in this house.

The yogurt thing used to drive me insane, would you eat 3 yogurts on a normal day? For the majority of people, the answer is no, but back in the day they were free so people would eat them. Like when people would have a mugshot as a snack but they’re about 300 calories.

Ive been trying not to snack unless I’m actually hungry and I’ve found that eating balanced meals means I’m not actually hungry in between.
I follow a few but mainly for comedy value 😂

I try not to snack either, and if I do I try and stick to cucumber/carrot sticks with homemade tzatziki or something. Find drinking loads of water helps me stay full. I also weigh pasta/rice out which my SW consultant used to discourage everyone from doing when I mentioned it in group 🙄 I just have no portion control when it comes to carbs and a waste not want not attitude to making sure it all gets eaten!

Not sure whether 2 Healthy A’s is right for me it just seems a lot, I only have a couple of coffees in the morning and use 100ml of milk. If I just have 1 it will save about 700 calories a week 🤷‍♀️

I follow a few but mainly for comedy value 😂

I try not to snack either, and if I do I try and stick to cucumber/carrot sticks with homemade tzatziki or something. Find drinking loads of water helps me stay full. I also weigh pasta/rice out which my SW consultant used to discourage everyone from doing when I mentioned it in group 🙄 I just have no portion control when it comes to carbs and a waste not want not attitude to making sure it all gets eaten!

Not sure whether 2 Healthy A’s is right for me it just seems a lot, I only have a couple of coffees in the morning and use 100ml of milk. If I just have 1 it will save about 700 calories a week 🤷‍♀️
I don’t even measure my A choices. I get 4 x 1 pint bottles a week from the milk man, which is 2272ml. I use green milk and I don’t tend to use it all, so I figure I’m at about 1 choice per day. I only use it in coffee and tea really. My kids can’t have dairy So I rarely make any meals with cheese either.

Reactions: 1
I don’t even measure my A choices. I get 4 x 1 pint bottles a week from the milk man, which is 2272ml. I use green milk and I don’t tend to use it all, so I figure I’m at about 1 choice per day. I only use it in coffee and tea really. My kids can’t have dairy So I rarely make any meals with cheese either.
Ahh that’s good to know. I don’t think it makes any sense anyway having to measure milk but have as much natural yoghurt/cottage cheese/quark as you want! Hey hum 😂

Slimming world insta accounts are good if you follow the smaller ones who are more genuine and you can make great friendships as I know I’ve done this through my SW insta

Plus it does work as I’ve lost 1st 2.5lbs in 6 weeks

• Heart
Hi! 👋🏻 I did SW a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I felt good about myself as well as fitting into my jeans. Since then my life has changed massively.

I've just started a phased return back to work after 4 months off sick with severe anxiety and depression, something I'd tried to ignore for a really long time. I'm also battling insomnia and am 10 days into sleep restriction therapy. I feel pretty rubbish about myself and I'm now heavier than I was before I joined SW the first time. Obviously there is also Covid, not the best time to have a quarter-life crisis!

Sorry for the life story, but wanted to give a bit of background. For my, physical and mental health are so closely linked, I'm hoping getting back into SW will benefit my health overall, as well as get me back into those jeans!! I've only ever done it online as the thought of being in a group terrifies me, but I'd really like to be part of this support group, if you'll have me? ☺

• Heart
Hi! 👋🏻 I did SW a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I felt good about myself as well as fitting into my jeans. Since then my life has changed massively.

I've just started a phased return back to work after 4 months off sick with severe anxiety and depression, something I'd tried to ignore for a really long time. I'm also battling insomnia and am 10 days into sleep restriction therapy. I feel pretty rubbish about myself and I'm now heavier than I was before I joined SW the first time. Obviously there is also Covid, not the best time to have a quarter-life crisis!

Sorry for the life story, but wanted to give a bit of background. For my, physical and mental health are so closely linked, I'm hoping getting back into SW will benefit my health overall, as well as get me back into those jeans!! I've only ever done it online as the thought of being in a group terrifies me, but I'd really like to be part of this support group, if you'll have me? ☺
Ah of course- itll be good to revive this thread! So sorry for what you’re going through at the moment, sounds rubbish. Sending you big hugs 💕

• Heart
I took a few days off over Christmas, and boy did I know it! Felt so awful and sluggish. Good luck for anyone starting today, you CAN do it! ❤

Yes please!! Did my first weigh in today - I'm now 6 stone heavier than my previous "top" weight 😳😳😳 Are you attending group/virtual groups or online?

Hello 👋 am doing SW online. I did the group thing a few years ago before my wedding and lost 4st. After baby/lockdown times/christmas I’ve gained some back so want to do SW again as I loved it.