Slimming World #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy Monday lads!

Just stumbled across this thread and am creasing at some of the comments. SW down to a tea.

I've recently rejoined as an online member, coz I do like the basic premise of the plan, and the App is about 1000000% better than it used to be!

Joined online as there's no way I'm paying to sit in a stinky community hall while a bunch of people Chow down on their post weigh-in bags of quavers and hi-fi bars, while the 'consultant' gives people who have lost 1lb (a very healthy amount to lose weekly) a patronising, faux sympathetic look. All while being way off 'target' themselves and not having a client about calorie density, exercise, macros or actual nutrition.
Reading your posts about some of the grim concoctions people come up with, and the 'advice' is giving me such lols flashbacks 😅.

I've rejoined because I did the Fast 800 during Lockdown, and it has left me with terrible issues around food. I was counting calories in spinach FFS 🙃. So I like the non-numbers approach to SW. At the end of the day, it's lean protein, lots of fruit and veg, a bit of fibre and some calcium. I don't syn (don't get me started on that word...) milk or avocados. I don't really weigh porridge oats or cheese. I also don't syn fruit in a smoothie - I mean come on 🤣🤣.

Some of it is total bonkers. But those gross recipes do give me a laugh.

Anyways, just thought I'd say thanks for brightening my morning! X
Welcome. I tried that Fast800 and hated it. It was mentally worse than SW as I was not eating enough. I started calorie counting with Nutracheck last week and I’m taking it slow without weighing initially. I just want my clothes to feel better. That’s my first target.

Reactions: 6
Been trying today. Pretty SW inspired breakfast tbh of a 2 egg omelette with cherry tomatoes and a couple of cheese triangles but only because we had hardly anything in. Had a low cal ready meal from Lidl for lunch with salad, defo would have syns in it on SW. I really like Slimming Eats and Two Chubby Cubs recipes and have all the books so I will continue to make those but it'll be nice for it to be less of a headache having to calculate HexAs etc. Dunno whether to download Nutracheck or just crack on for the time being!

Reactions: 4
Been trying today. Pretty SW inspired breakfast tbh of a 2 egg omelette with cherry tomatoes and a couple of cheese triangles but only because we had hardly anything in. Had a low cal ready meal from Lidl for lunch with salad, defo would have syns in it on SW. I really like Slimming Eats and Two Chubby Cubs recipes and have all the books so I will continue to make those but it'll be nice for it to be less of a headache having to calculate HexAs etc. Dunno whether to download Nutracheck or just crack on for the time being!
There is no pressure and that is key. If you want to just try getting onto the groove go for it.

Justabitofnatalie. I feel mean tbh saying who because I do genuinely like her and appreciate her honesty.

Back from my hols anyway and trying to hold out from rejoining SW, wish me luck 🙈

Also; just seen it is time for this to be the new thread title @ChubClubThug

Maybe should change she’s to Mags for the title but I just think it’s so good 🤣🤣View attachment 1571947
I absolutely agree this has to be the new thread title with the minor change mentioned. It is perfection.

Never seen so many people getting surgery as I have lately on the gram. And there all ex slimming worlders

Reactions: 3
Also, my old SW card is being put to great use here
love it such a good use.

The fact is with SW unless you can be 100% in control of every single meal and how it’s cooked it just ain’t gonna work long term, I’m my old group the consultant would ask ‘have you got anything that might set you back this week’ meaning meals out etc, I spend my entire working life in premier inns and there’s a meal on their menu which is less than 500 calories but works out nearly 20 syns on the app so that’s a no go, so I would go for steak and jacket potato which would be well over 500 cals! I’m sticking to my vodka diet this week anyway
there was a lass in my old SW class she drank a bottle of vodka at a weekend and flaming lost 9lb. I thought bloody hell lol 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve noticed this, all over tiktok too of people getting the gastric sleeve
Unfortunately this seems a last resort for many who are unable to resolve their relationship with food but it can cause some serious mental health issues in itself when you enjoy food and realise the reality of no (or minimal) stomach.

Reactions: 4
I’ve noticed this, all over tiktok too of people getting the gastric sleeve
Most peoples results from a gastric sleeve are amazing and it’s good they’re honest about having it. Must admit I’ve been tempted a lot lately as just would love to shrink my stomach and not feel the need to keep eating!

Unfortunately this seems a last resort for many who are unable to resolve their relationship with food but it can cause some serious mental health issues in itself when you enjoy food and realise the reality of no (or minimal) stomach.
Sadly I think it is becoming a first resort for many people... It used to be for morbidly obese but I know of a few who yes, struggled with excess weight but also never really tried to lose via sustained diet/exercise.

A close relative had surgery last year, dropped 6-7 stone in as many months & never felt a bit deprived due to zero appetite! Hardest part was first few months making sure they kept up the protein/nutrient quota as they were barely hungry and any minor negative effects were outweighed by the elation of rapid weight loss.

Nowadays, they can a eat a bit more but still moderate amounts and are planning their skin removal surgery. Never looked back! I think more people sharing these kind of success stories encourages others, so in general, it has become more popular.

Reactions: 3
I follow Scarlett Black on tiktok who had a gastric sleeve and looks incredible. She is very open about her struggles with her weight, her binge eating disorder and the poor relationship she had with food.
She has lost an insane amount of weight but eats well and works hard at the gym. She is still very open about days when she struggles and wants to binge etc which makes her more relatable.

Sadly I think it is becoming a first resort for many people... It used to be for morbidly obese but I know of a few who yes, struggled with excess weight but also never really tried to lose via sustained diet/exercise.

A close relative had surgery last year, dropped 6-7 stone in as many months & never felt a bit deprived due to zero appetite! Hardest part was first few months making sure they kept up the protein/nutrient quota as they were barely hungry and any minor negative effects were outweighed by the elation of rapid weight loss.

Nowadays, they can a eat a bit more but still moderate amounts and are planning their skin removal surgery. Never looked back! I think more people sharing these kind of success stories encourages others, so in general, it has become more popular.
Thank it really helpful to know thank you as I only hear the negative stories.

Reactions: 1
My friend had a sleeve and it was a big success, looks great. She still eats everything, just really small amounts but it wouldn’t be for me in all honesty

Reactions: 2

I've noticed this. I've seen so many on tiktok about to get a sleeve or bypass when they're around 15 stone

Reactions: 5
I follow Scarlett Black on tiktok who had a gastric sleeve and looks incredible. She is very open about her struggles with her weight, her binge eating disorder and the poor relationship she had with food.
She has lost an insane amount of weight but eats well and works hard at the gym. She is still very open about days when she struggles and wants to binge etc which makes her more relatable.
I was going to mention her too. She's a great example of how to do weight loss surgery the right way. I get a bit worried that she'll fall into the trap of always finding something that needs "fixing" with surgery. She looks banging the way she is right now

I was going to mention her too. She's a great example of how to do weight loss surgery the right way. I get a bit worried that she'll fall into the trap of always finding something that needs "fixing" with surgery. She looks banging the way she is right now
She looks insaaaaanely good. I like her 'what I eat in a day' posts too. As someone who goes to the gym and is trying to lose weight she posts content that I enjoy! Her surgeon is fantastic too, even her tattoos look perfect!

Jesus wept, I could never have WLS, I live for food. Just the thought of having a tiny Chinese brings me to tears.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My friend had a sleeve and it was a big success, looks great. She still eats everything, just really small amounts but it wouldn’t be for me in all honesty
Someone I worked with many years ago had a gastric operation and they lost a lot of weight but they gained 4 stone after year two and then gained over 5 stone more than their starting weight. It does depend on the individual. Big Ben to slim Ben was an obvious surgery case as you could see and he has regained a considerable amount it seems

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.