sleep paralysis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get sleep paralysis quite a lot, I always assumed it was joined with my lucid dreaming as I've been a natural lucid dreamer since a young kid

When I was younger it would freak me out, the most commen ones I'd get was the house filling with smoke an I couldn't understand why i couldn't move, but as I got older I started to understand it an can now tell myself it's not real an my body's still sleeping and eventually I can gain enough control to kick my leg which instantly wakes my body

Not sure if I can have that control because of my lucid dreaming or if it's just somthing I've been able to take control of now, I've also had dreams come to pass, am not really a huge believer in psychics or spirits etc which is surprising given that some dreams have happened, usually if I can't control the dream it's a sign it may happen soon as ones I can control never happen

Reactions: 2
I’ve had it before and it was absolutely terrifying! I was asleep on my front and a dark figure of a man climbed through my window and sat on my back. I couldn’t breath, I was trying to wake up and scream bht I couldn’t make a sound. It felt so so real! The man had no face, he was just a shadowy figure. I just can’t believe how real it felt. It shook me up for a while, I still get freaked out when I think about it!

What freaks me out more, is that lots of other people have experienced the same thing?! How is that even possible? The same shadowy man breaking in and sitting on you?! It’s like a sleep demon!

I’ve had it before and it was absolutely terrifying! I was asleep on my front and a dark figure of a man climbed through my window and sat on my back. I couldn’t breath, I was trying to wake up and scream bht I couldn’t make a sound. It felt so so real! The man had no face, he was just a shadowy figure. I just can’t believe how real it felt. It shook me up for a while, I still get freaked out when I think about it!

What freaks me out more, is that lots of other people have experienced the same thing?! How is that even possible? The same shadowy man breaking in and sitting on you?! It’s like a sleep demon!
It is very weird!
I got told "Oh it's just because you've read about it and seen it before"
When I had the sleep paralysis where I had a woman on top of me, pinning me down, I'd never seen or heard of it before.
And then I googled it the next day and found the exact image of the woman.
So it certainly wasn't because I'd seen it before!

Reactions: 1
It is very weird!
I got told "Oh it's just because you've read about it and seen it before"
When I had the sleep paralysis where I had a woman on top of me, pinning me down, I'd never seen or heard of it before.
And then I googled it the next day and found the exact image of the woman.
So it certainly wasn't because I'd seen it before!
Same! I’d never even heard of sleep paralysis! Then I was reading a forum a couple of years later and someone described the exact same thing that I had, my heart dropped!
this is my demon 🤣 (but was more of a faceless man, but I imagine I was sleeping like that 🤣🤣)

Attachments

Same! I’d never even heard of sleep paralysis! Then I was reading a forum a couple of years later and someone described the exact same thing that I had, my heart dropped!
this is my demon 🤣 (but was more of a faceless man, but I imagine I was sleeping like that 🤣🤣)
This is basically what I saw. She had long black hair!

Attachments

I don't see anyone, as someone on me my back.
I just have this like out of body stuff that feels like an nightmare.

My cousin is having a horrendous time the now with dreams, she ended up outside the other night because she thought her kid was with someone an they were bringing her back so she was going out the door to get her, a few years back she started strangling her husband as well one night, she's been in an out dream clinics for years but they can't seem to understand why they can be so strong to control her like this an have said its not linked to sleep walking

Has anyone else got this or had this? I only lucid dream so as much as my dreams are incredible strong an vivid an I can smell, taste, feel in them they are nothing like hers where am physically getting up an doing stuff

I have what I call Astro projected dreams I hurt myself in the dream that felt so real, when i woke up I had the same mark in the same place from the dream, with the sleep paralysis, It's more I'm awake and leaving my body asleep to do stuff that feel so real that my asleep body is awake trying to wake up but someone on my back, I don't see demons I see my mum or partner, I asked mum did you come in my room she said yes cause you was screaming but I couldn't wake you so thought you was in the deep sleep, I told her Insaw her my eyes were open Insat up. She said you didn't do anything. I stayed in the room in the chair watching you cause I was worried this is when I was about 22 years old and going through a rough time. I still remember doing it.

I don't see anyone, as someone on me my back.
I just have this like out of body stuff that feels like an nightmare.
I've only ever seen this once.
Any other time it's that I literally can't move or wake up or make a noise or anything

My cousin is having a horrendous time the now with dreams, she ended up outside the other night because she thought her kid was with someone an they were bringing her back so she was going out the door to get her, a few years back she started strangling her husband as well one night, she's been in an out dream clinics for years but they can't seem to understand why they can be so strong to control her like this an have said its not linked to sleep walking

Has anyone else got this or had this? I only lucid dream so as much as my dreams are incredible strong an vivid an I can smell, taste, feel in them they are nothing like hers where am physically getting up an doing stuff
I have had very vivid ones before where I got out of bed and put on my bra and socks and stuff because i thought people/friends were in the house. I could hear them so clear.
Had other ones where I was trying to open the door to let my dog in.
My dog wasn't there.

Had many like it.
All so clear and I fully believe they're real until I wake up properly.

Another one is where I often see bugs.

I've only ever seen this once.
Any other time it's that I literally can't move or wake up or make a noise or anything

I have had very vivid ones before where I got out of bed and put on my bra and socks and stuff because i thought people/friends were in the house. I could hear them so clear.
Had other ones where I was trying to open the door to let my dog in.
My dog wasn't there.

Had many like it.
All so clear and I fully believe they're real until I wake up properly.

Another one is where I often see bugs.
That's exactly what she's like, she doesn't realise its a dream until she's woken up an realises it was a dream, to her it was just as real as reality, unlike me I am fully aware am in a dream (unless it's a nightmare an fear takes over senses) but for the most part I can tell the difference between dreams an reality an which one am in at the time

That's exactly what she's like, she doesn't realise its a dream until she's woken up an realises it was a dream, to her it was just as real as reality, unlike me I am fully aware am in a dream (unless it's a nightmare an fear takes over senses) but for the most part I can tell the difference between dreams an reality an which one am in at the time
Yrah exactly.
I was told before that it's because half your brain is awake and half is still dreaming. So you're aware of your surroundings ect. But you're basically hallucinating.

I remember as a teenager, I had 2 friends sleepover. One of them slept over frequently.
And I could see them laying there on the bed asleep but I was determined someone was knocking on the door. So I was trying to get dressed.
And I remember hearing one friend say "Oh don't worry, she does this all the time"
As I got older, it has slowly stopped happening but it happened from when I was around 6 or 7 up until mid 20s.
If there was a change in my surroundings, that would make it more likely to happen.
Like my friends staying over. Being in a different place ect.

I've always been a very big dreamer. And remember them all too. So I'm 100% aware when it's a dream or not.
But that feels 100% real because I can see my surroundings. It doesn't feel like a dream at all.

Yrah exactly.
I was told before that it's because half your brain is awake and half is still dreaming. So you're aware of your surroundings ect. But you're basically hallucinating.

I remember as a teenager, I had 2 friends sleepover. One of them slept over frequently.
And I could see them laying there on the bed asleep but I was determined someone was knocking on the door. So I was trying to get dressed.
And I remember hearing one friend say "Oh don't worry, she does this all the time"
As I got older, it has slowly stopped happening but it happened from when I was around 6 or 7 up until mid 20s.
If there was a change in my surroundings, that would make it more likely to happen.
Like my friends staying over. Being in a different place ect.

I've always been a very big dreamer. And remember them all too. So I'm 100% aware when it's a dream or not.
But that feels 100% real because I can see my surroundings. It doesn't feel like a dream at all.
I get like that as well, am aware it's a dream even though everything feels so real, the only reason I know it's a dream is because everything is too perfect, dreams cannot make little imperfections so like pavements won't have cracks in them, walls won't have marks etc, so even though my senses are there an it feels an looks real I know it's not

I always remember the time I was cutting out junk food an I dreamt I binged on Easter eggs, woke up feeling incredibly sick because I had tasted the chocolate an whoa did I eat A LOT in that dream 😂😂

This happens to me most nights. Feel wide awake, can see my bedroom clearly (mess and all!) and feel as though there's a man in the room. Sometimes it's just a foot by the door and other times I feel like they're right beside me. Sometimes I'm so tired I drift off back to sleep and other times I get up when I can and check the door's locked. Or I dream that I've got up and walked to the door to discover it's open and just as I'm panicking thinking someone's broke in, I wake up.
That feeling of being trapped and frozen is indescribable.